Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 2-0 Bolton

+30
Quoncy
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Spillthebeans
yesbutno
Bolton Nuts
inf
gloswhite
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Sluffy
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Hip Priest
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
mark leach
chipbutty
largehat
Keegan
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

141Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:13

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I wouldn't give him 10 more min never mind 10 more games

COYLE OUT NOW

142Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The good thing about being in this league, is that we can't see the games on the streams, or live, now, (apart from today), so its back to watching Sky Sports for updates. It'll be nice to have a quieter game day I suppose.

143Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:18

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

In the latest Four Four Two magazine the season preview has a League table of their predicted final standings. We are top. They must have printed the fucking thing upside down Very Happy

144Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:19

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's all the same again.. How can Coyle keep doing this?! Everybody learns from mistakes after a while, but apparently not him. Last season was a big mistake and now this isn't any better.

Ok, it was only the first game. We'll see how it turns out.

I told my wife we lost today, and she said: "Again? Bolton really are shite, aren't they?"
She remember me cursing after every game last season.

145Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we beat Derby the you'll get the "we are going up!" crew back on.

Lets wait and see where we are after Forrest.

146Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If we beat Derby the you'll get the "we are going up!" crew back on.

Lets wait and see where we are after Forrest.

Probably bottom if SKD and Knight start and Pratley comes on as sub. Coyle has taken clueless to a new level.

147Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:30

Most worrying thing isn't the result though, it's the formation and personnel.. again.

Soon as I saw the teamsheet I was worried, how can he not see we get dominated in midfield every fucking time he plays 4-4-2 and Mark Davies? It's staggering.

4-2-3-1 is slowly growing in the English game, I wish Coyle would open his eyes and set us up like that, with the players we have it fit's perfectly. We start every match at a disadvantage as it is.

148Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:35

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dunkels King wrote:In the latest Four Four Two magazine the season preview has a League table of their predicted final standings. We are top. They must have printed the fucking thing upside down Very Happy

lol!

149Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:45

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dunkels King wrote:In the latest Four Four Two magazine the season preview has a League table of their predicted final standings. We are top. They must have printed the fucking thing upside down Very Happy

The thing is that everyone other than Bolton fans think we're still strong. Its amazing how many people think Coyle is a good manager, that we have a good team, etc. They are clueless.

150Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:48

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Michael Bolton wrote:

The thing is that everyone other than Bolton fans think we're still strong. Its amazing how many people think Coyle is a good manager, that we have a good team, etc. They are clueless.

Fully agree. Did they not see how shit we were every week on MOTD though ? I still think we will finish closer to the bottom than the top. We haven't made a single signing that makes me think anything is going to change. We are being managed by a clown.

151Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I haven't seen any of today's game, but did Sordell do ok? I hate seeing Kevin Davies' name on the starting line up nowadays, he's just so slow, a right donkey. To think we were only 1 goal away from staying up last season - what was Coyle playing at not giving Sordell a game? God it annoys me. We've had some shit managers since Big Sam left - Sammy Lee, Megson but Coyle has to be the most inept. 4-4-2 every bloody game even though we always lose playing it! Same old shitty players like Kevin Davies and Petrov starting. God its pissing me off.

152Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep Sordell was fine. Nothing special but some good touches here and there.

sadly all the action took place behind him.

153Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 17:58

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am looking at the Burnley line up, its absolutely rubbish. No Jay Rodriguez any more, just crappy championship players. I really never believed we would lose this game. We are actually worse than what we think - and I know we all think we're shit.

154Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley did to us what we used to do to Arsenal under Sam.

It's simple as that.

they wanted it, we didn't. Time to move on to Derby!

155Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Most worrying thing isn't the result though, it's the formation and personnel.. again.

Soon as I saw the teamsheet I was worried, how can he not see we get dominated in midfield every fucking time he plays 4-4-2 and Mark Davies? It's staggering.

4-2-3-1 is slowly growing in the English game, I wish Coyle would open his eyes and set us up like that, with the players we have it fit's perfectly. We start every match at a disadvantage as it is.

Totally agree with most of this. Our midfield today was lightweight and couldn't win - or even participate in - "personal battles". However the problem runs deeper than that. Our back 4 is susceptible to crosses - not necessarily a problem if there's a defence minded midfield stopping crosses , tracking runners and helping out where needed. Ours don't.
But OC feels our attack minded midfielders can do damage and make teams think twice about attacking in numbers and whilst there were a few good moves, there was no end product and for the most part, a lot of wasted balls and possession.
Which invariably means teams will attack us - a lot - and we will continue to concede.
Mavies, CYL, Petrov, Wylde etc are OK - not brilliant, but OK going forward, but they can't defend for toffee.
And with a shaky back 4, which problem does OC - or a new manager - deal with first?
Given that we aren't splashing the cash as yet, I think there's only one sensible solution with the players we've got and that's to play a back 5.
Stick Sam in the middle with any 2 of Mills, Ream or Knight and put a pacy LB on - maybe Alonso. Give the FBs a bit more licence to push on, but always have the back door shut.
OC likes width but if we concede the central midfield any more, we'll get stuffed every game so he should try to get it from the FBs rather than have 2 wingers - just play one with licence to roam. Sordell on his own but with Ngog or Mavies behind him and complete the mid 4 with our best 2 ballwinners if we have any.
It's a flexible system if you make the FBs do attack and defence but there will always plenty of cover to deal with breaks.
Should get us through until we either get Holden back or we sign some midfield strength.

156Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yep Sordell was fine. Nothing special but some good touches here and there.

I was surprised to see Sordell come into midfield so often - is that his normal game or was it his way of having to get the ball - us having no midfield of which to speak about.

When the Arsenal man came on he clearly played as a striker, Sordell seemed to play a withdrawn role to me at best.

Did I misread his game today perhaps?

157Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yep Sordell was fine. Nothing special but some good touches here and there.

I was surprised to see Sordell come into midfield so often - is that his normal game or was it his way of having to get the ball - us having no midfield of which to speak about.

When the Arsenal man came on he clearly played as a striker, Sordell seemed to play a withdrawn role to me at best.

Did I misread his game today perhaps?

He's got the ability to come into midfield and link up, i hope he continues to do that. But today it was a necessity because any ball to him was either over his head or flicked past him by Davies.

So yeah, he clearly came into the "hole" to get involved more.

When Afobe came on they both linked up fairly well with Eagles IMO. I hope Coyle gives them time to work together but im sure he wont. Probably be Ngog and Davies against Derby. Rolling Eyes

158Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:29

If coyle starts n'gog and Davies he should be sacked on the spot

159Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:30

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster, for the rest of this season you could probably say it will be Davies, Knight and any 9 others Crying or Very sad. Until Coyle gets booted out Laughing

160Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 18:33

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just to cheer myself up, didn't Burnley used to have a bunch of Hooligans called The Suicide Squad ? They can't have been that good if they kept topping themselves Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum