Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 2-0 Bolton

+30
Quoncy
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Spillthebeans
yesbutno
Bolton Nuts
inf
gloswhite
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Sluffy
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Hip Priest
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
mark leach
chipbutty
largehat
Keegan
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

61Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Fri Aug 17 2012, 13:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:

As for Wanderers, defender Zat Knight, who signed two-year deal in the summer, is in confident mood ahead of the derby and insists all the players are looking forward to the season opener.

“It’s been a long pre-season and a good pre-season,” said the 32-year-old. “We’ve come out of it with no major injuries and now we can put all this practice and tactics into use.

So that was a "good" pre-season. Shocked

No doubt a good season in Knight's view will be one where we avoid relegation.

62Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Fri Aug 17 2012, 23:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1 more sleep! Big day tomorrow, lets hope we can start the season off in style and hopefully be sat looking down on the rest of the division...

63Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Fri Aug 17 2012, 23:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The closer the game gets the less confident I am abous us getting a result tomorrow.

Not sure why but after seeing us last season my confidence in coyle still remains very low.

64Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 00:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its just nerves, I am full of confidence (but I usually am)

65Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 08:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Having supported the Whites for 50 years now, I can say in all honesty, that this must be just about the least inspiring start to the season I can remember. I have no confidence in Coyle, and can only hope that his 'tactics' can survive the rigours of the Championship rather better than they did the Premier. I saw a good game with Cardiff and Huddersfield last night, and when I think back to how we played at Crewe in the friendlies, especially Pratley, then I can only worry even more. Having said that, I'll be up for the Watford game, after my hols. It'll be interesting to see how the old and new players blend, and to see if we have a new dynamic in the team, instead of lumping it to SKD, who heads it back to a non-existant support from midfield, whilst Ngog runs from side to side, having no inkling of where the goal is. Ah ! good times are indeed ahead (I hope).

66Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 09:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For those interested there is a feed somewhere in the world (presumably Al Jazeera) as I have just woke up to a text message advising that my usual bar has got the game :-)

67Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 10:36

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

bwfc71 wrote:For those interested there is a feed somewhere in the world (presumably Al Jazeera) as I have just woke up to a text message advising that my usual bar has got the game :-)

Yes, it's there! I can watch the game! Happy days! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

68Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 10:45

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coyle's outfit today, perhaps? Laughing

69Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:03

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha, don't think anyone one in that would return from Burnley.

Is that stream delayed inf? The schedule says it begins at 5:15?

70Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:05

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nevermind, its the time difference isn't it, woops

71Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Was told last night that Ngog definitely won't make the squad today.

Marc Iles - Twitter.

28 minutes ago.

72Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Game will be on Tower Radio -

Hi Mark, will you be providing live twitter commentary from the game?

I won't I'm afraid. Doing radio (co) commentary on Tower.

Marc Iles Twitter

27 minutes ago

73Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 12:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's the best place for pre-match beers? Anyone know

74Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 12:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Where's the best place for pre-match beers? Anyone know

Copper Dragon wrote:
It depends on what you class as a decent pub.

If you are coming on't train and getting off at Manchester Rd then there's the Hollywood Star (eating and drinks place like a Wetherspoons), Inn at the Wharf (little country feel boozer with real ale).

If you are coming on't coach then there's either the Cricket Club or if you walk up the road past the fire station there's the Queen Vic (hotel type eating place in it's own grounds) this is usually the away fans pub.

If you are going into town then there's the Wetherspoons, Ministry of Ale (real ale) or the Bridge Bier Huis (it's a tiny boozer but always has plenty of different real ales and foreign beers - over 200 last count, get there early if you want a drink though).

I'd stay out of other town centre pubs and all the ones on Yorkshire St (which is the street from the town centre that leads up t'Turf).

75Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 12:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• These long-established clubs have met 121 times competitively, and there is only one win between them; Burnley have prevailed in 46, Bolton 45.

• Bolton are unbeaten in nine league meetings with their north-west rivals, having won five and drawn four since Burnley's 2-1 home win November 1987, in the old Fourth Division.

• This is the fourth time they are facing each other in a seasonal opener. The first was in 1977 and Burnley are yet to win.

Burnley

• One of five founder members of the Football League competing in the Championship this season, alongside Bolton.

• Finished in 13th place last season, five places lower than their previous campaign.

• Burnley's 12th campaign of second tier football in 13 seasons.

Bolton Wanderers

• This is Bolton's 114th season of league football, and their first at second league level in 12 years.

• They have more experience of top-flight football (73 seasons) than any other club competing in the Championship this term.

• Owen Coyle will be sending out a side against the club he took into the Premier League in 2009.

76Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 14:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So, let me get this right?

It's on at a pub eh?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

77Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 14:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

it's advertised on atdhenet and wiziwig ..... doesn't mean it will come on but it's a shot anyway.

78Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 14:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Starting 11 for the wanderers:

Bogdan

Mears, Knight, Ream, Ricketts,

Chung-Yong, M Davies, Andrews, Petrov,

K Davies, Sordell

79Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 14:59

Not impressed with the line up at all.

80Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 15:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Same old shite. What a sparkling start to the Championship. (What happened to all the new signings we were supposed to be playing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum