Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burton 2-0 Bolton

+21
xmiles
Jack Russell
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
wessy
Bolton Rebirth
Dunkels King
DEANO82
ege66
karlypants
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

141Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:41

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I never mentioned Parkinson's ability just how fucking angry you are, every post follows the same warpath, not disagreeing with you just saying your attacking the wrong people, do you think the rest of us are happy after this collapse
No Say something constructive you gave some ideas about a new boss fair enough but success at another club isn't a guarantee of success. We all thought Lennon would be the answer and it wasn't every Bolton Manager since Big Sam has felt the wrath of our supporters for different reason. It's very hard to get right but i agree the style of play isn't acceptable and change is needed.

My worry is that relegation may mean that the chairman may think he already as the right man in pole position for league 1 ?

142Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 14:48

Parkinson’s brief when he took the job was to get us promoted. Having done that it’s impossivle to argue that he’s done a good job overall with the team. Looks as though keeping us up is beyond him, but given the circumstances he’s done it under I certainly don’t think he’s done a bad job as I don’t think this squad is capable of much else. Overall an average performance from an average manager.

Having said all of that, summer will bring a change. No budget and a poor squad doesn’t fill me with confidence as to who we’ll get in.

143Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Parky is far from the worst manager we’ve ever had. Be nice to see how he’d do with a bit of money

Money had nothing to do with yesterday.

We have shit players, of that there is no doubt, but 100% commitment should be a given for any footballer regardless of his ability.

And the manager, regardless of his squad, should know how to motivate his team, and most of all, know when to FUCKING TRY AND WIN rather than hand the initiative to the opposition.

144Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:13

Agreed on motivation, think he’s had it for most of the season. But for whatever reason it’s not there at the moment, the team looks bereft of confidence and I really don’t think the constant chopping and changing is helping anything.

145Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agreed on motivation, think he’s had it for most of the season. But for whatever reason it’s not there at the moment, the team looks bereft of confidence and I really don’t think the constant chopping and changing is helping anything.

Would you sack him?

146Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:26

Once the atmosphere turns the way it has I think it’s difficult for a manager to come back from that, so yes it’s probably time for a change. My issue is, with the ownership as it is I can’t see us bringing anyone better in should we go down - and then what? 

Fans like Martin will never be satisfied, there’s an ill founded belief we deserve to be higher than we are. Martin even once told me this squad is mid table standard! 

At some point we have to recognise that the manager isn’t the issue and we won’t really progress until there’s real investment in the side.

147Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Ken Anderson wrote:There has been a great deal of comment about the defensive strategy and team setup recently and we have taken this on board and having discussed this with the manager, l can assure you, that there will be a positive and offensive line up against Nottingham Forest this Sunday.
If Parky does go with an offensive lineup and strategy against Forest, it looks as though he's been forced into it.

If the chairman has to tell him how to set up then surely that means he has no faith in him and his time must be up.

148Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:44

Anderson again undermining the manager to curry favour with the fans. Can’t help but think this attitude hasn’t helped in the dressing room.

149Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Anderson again undermining the manager to curry favour with the fans. Can’t help but think this attitude hasn’t helped in the dressing room.

You might be right, but it's Kens club and he stands to lose out if we go down.

Let's be honest though, he's speaking the truth. It really was a negative team selection.

150Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:56

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Let's be honest though, he's speaking the truth. It really was a negative team selection.
I can't remember any team not just ours that set up with 8 defensive players, that is the mark of the man, spineless, clueless and as others have pointed out, what does his backroom staff offer? I don't think I've ever seen them assisting.

151Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 15:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

He might be speaking the truth but undermining the manager publicly isn't right. He's just trying to deflect the heat from himself and directly onto Parky. Should have been kept private if you ask me.

152Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 16:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Anderson again undermining the manager to curry favour with the fans. Can’t help but think this attitude hasn’t helped in the dressing room.

Correct and even more correct.  Parky should have been out after the 3rd loss on the trot last month.  He has lost the team and an infusion of a new manager would have probably done better.  Parky has shown cowardice in his selections and there is no useful purpose of keeping him on if we are to survive.  Being 6 up with 7 to play and now being relegation bound, makes me believe he is the tout who offered 1500-1 that Bolton would go down after week 11.  The first eleven and the last 6 or 7 have been the worst patches in the club's history.  You are right... Ken stands to lose... and he should have been smart enough to dictate a change weeks ago.

153Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 16:22

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Parkinson has had three goes at managing at this level and has failed miserably every time, he's clearly a lower league manager where tactics don't really matter, and hoofball is played by most teams, I wouldn't want him even if we go down, as I don't think he could get lucky again, Sunderland have sacked Coleman, so come on Ken over to you.

154Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 16:44

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What he’s saying is completely true, but saying it in public helps only his own image with the fans. He’s as culpable as anyone for the position we’re in right now, he’s let Parky carry on this long so let him do the job he’s paid for.

155Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Sun Apr 29 2018, 17:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What an infuriating afternoon. I'm starting to wonder if I preferred it early on in the season when it was plain obvious we were going down. To return to that kind of form at this stage of the season, when we were actually looking quite comfortable is just disgusting really and quite typical of this football club over the last decade or so.

People like to blame the long ball football and the absence of Madine. But if you look, Madine was already long gone when this rot started. There's no doubt we've not got the players to make hoofball work, but do people seriously think we've got the players to play an effective passing game?

Whenever they try to pass it round a bit, the fans get flustered, and rightly so because we've basically nobody willing or even able to play it forward. Basically we've got an incredibly unbalanced squad meaning, whatever style Parky were to try, people can always say we've not got the players to be able to play that way.

156Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Mon Apr 30 2018, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When KA stated there would be an attacking lineup against Forest that's when Parky's fate was sealed. If the Chairman has to tell the manager to change tactics then you know the end is nigh. 
I do agree with 58 that it should have been kept in-house but on the other hand it is so blatantly obvious and more worrying that it needed saying out loud in the first place.
Parky has to go at the end of the season whether we pull off a miracle or not as he is driving fans away with his negative attitude.

157Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's no win scenario. If we have mass changes for Sunday then you have players who have not played together. Then if you have PP's usual selection then it's another loss.  Of course being BWFC we will win our game and Barnsley will win theirs. When is the last time other teams did us a favor.
In the grand scheme the negative.e football played over 46 games is what has done us in. I rarely blame the players. They don't pick them selves into the starting 11 and the set up and tactics don't allow for any attacking play.
Hoping for the best next Sunday....but PP has to go either way IMO.

158Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:06

Defensive tactics are what got us promoted and have earnt us all of our points this year. Read some comments on here and you’d think we’d been playing like Barcelona up until Parky changed things in the last 8 games.

The football has been shit for 2 years, its just stopped working.

159Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The style of football hasn't changed since Parky got the job, the only change has been he lost Madine and couldn't adapt without him being in the team. 
That's why he needs to go as he has no tactical ability and is clueless during games and makes only like for like substitutions without actually changing the way the team plays.

160Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Parky is inept, has lost the dressing room and genuinely doesn't know how to get the best out of this lot so I'm afraid it's time to go regardless of the result - if that's financially possible whilst Anderson is the owner. His decision to make a substitution in the last minutes of the Barnsley game when we were on top and had all the momentum was disastrous and then his selection against Burton was mind-boggling so I suspect he's losing the plot.
Listening to Alan Shearer berating West Ham on MOTD I thought he could just as easily have been talking about BWFC - no fight, no effort - they robbed the fans who paid to watch.
Burton have spent f*** all on their team but they at least they looked like they wanted to win whilst on our side only Alnwick and Noone earned their money.

I would add that IMO unfortunately Henry was the worst player on the park against Burton losing his man for the first goal and failing to get his foot in for the second where he was left on his arse. New blood needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum