Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burton 2-0 Bolton

+21
xmiles
Jack Russell
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
wessy
Bolton Rebirth
Dunkels King
DEANO82
ege66
karlypants
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

21Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This game is our best chance of a win.

We must win this game.

22Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:With Barnsley losing tonight Saturday becomes a must not lose rather than a must win.

In a way, that's not good news. Now that a draw is an ok result you just know Parky is going to stick with the negative tactics.

If we'd had to win we might have seen more of the team that played the 2nd half at Barnsley.

23Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt parky and the boys will want to fuck up their chance yet again. I did think we’d lose but now I’ve  done a 180

Le Fondre to fire us to safety

24Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:54

Think I’d take a draw right now.

25Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 21:59

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Derby winning could be a good result for us tonight. Means Brentford have to win on Saturday (v Barnsley) to have a chance at the Play Offs. Then Derby will have to win their last match (v Barnsley) to be in the playoffs. Also means Fulham could have a chance of finishing in the top 2 so might need to win their last game (v Birmingham).

26Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 22:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's back in our own hands now. No excuses.

27Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Tue Apr 24 2018, 22:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Derby winning could be a good result for us tonight. Means Brentford have to win on Saturday (v Barnsley) to have a chance at the Play Offs. Then Derby will have to win their last match (v Barnsley) to be in the playoffs. Also means Fulham could have a chance of finishing in the top 2 so might need to win their last game (v Birmingham).
Love it.

28Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 06:13

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The players need to set themselves up to win, and basically ignore Parky as he will be telling them to just make sure they don’t lose. If they can do that then we should win. Of course Burton will be up for it, but so should our lot. I am sure none of them want to be playing in League 1 next season (even if that is their standard). Therefore (hopefully)...

Burton 1 Bolton 2

29Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 09:04

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We are due an away result. We’ve had some dreadful performances that have earned nothing and got nothing, we’ve had others which possibly deserved a win but we’ve only got over the line once. We owe them for the first game and I think it’ll be a game to be remembered one way or the other. Something tells me though it’s all going to the last game. Burton 1-1 Bolton, and Barnsley 3-2 Brentford to give them goal difference advantage going into D-Day.

We couldn’t want for better fixtures in this situation though and now it’s in our hands again so if we are relegated from here we only have ourselves to blame. Expect a penalty or two at Burton.

30Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 09:34

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They have failed to win in 19 of 22 home games, pity we are the worst away team in the Division.

Draw looks favourite and may be enough. I expect Brentford to be to good for Barnsley. and if Birmingham fail to get anything at QPR then Fulham should be too strong on the last day. It's going to the wire, but if you had to pick two fixtures i would say our's are pretty good.

The main worry is Barnsley go to Derby on the last day and for some reason Derby role over against lower teams accept us of course.

31Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 10:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They're buzzing at the moment. I fear the worst. 2-1 to Burton.

32Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we went there to win the game I think we'd have a chance, but our negative tactics and ridiculous team selections will relegate us.

33Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 10:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Brickfeet starts,I won't be responsible for my actions. If I ever have been.

34Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If Brickfeet starts,I won't be responsible for my actions. If I ever have been.
Will you be throwing your jammie dodgers at the radio? Very Happy

35Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:If Brickfeet starts,I won't be responsible for my actions. If I ever have been.
Will you be throwing your jammie dodgers at the radio? Very Happy
I never waste Jammy Dodgers. 

That's what Arrowroot Fingers are for.

36Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 11:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see Brickfeet starting, he was shocking against Wolves (they all were but he stood out as being even worse than the rest). I would play Noone instead and for Gods sake Parky bring back Little at right back!

37Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 12:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good news is that Lloyd Dyee isn’t fully fit.

38Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Wed Apr 25 2018, 13:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Burton fans forums are busy working out all the permutations and then coming to pretty much the same conclusions as we have - both teams need to win on Saturday. The only obvious difference is that there is no pressure on their manager and absolutely zero criticism of him or his tactics - something that is very prevalent on the Barnsley and Sunderland sites. Despite Sunderland getting relegated there is surprisingly far more vitriol towards Barnsley's manager Morais from their fans than there is against Coleman from theirs - or Parky from ours.
I'd put that down to expectation management, although TBF we had very low expectations when the season began, but now we are in with a chance of survival the goalposts have moved. 
It will be a full house of very nervous people at the Pirelli on Saturday - 6900 of them Smile

39Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Thu Apr 26 2018, 13:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Graham Scott to oversee Burton Albion trip

Graham Scott will be the man in the middle for Wanderers’ final away clash of the season against Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium this weekend.

Coming towards the end of his tenth season as a Football League referee, Mr Scott has been a Premier League regular in recent years with the majority of the 27 games he has officiated this season being top-flight fixtures.

The Oxfordshire based official has taken charge of eight Whites’ fixtures in the past, with the most recent coming against Burnley at Turf Moor back in October 2015.

To date Scott has taken charge of 27 games across the 2017/18 season, dishing out 71 yellow cards and four red cards.

Constantine Hatzidakis and Michael Mcdonough will run the line, while Darren England is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40Burton 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Burton 2-0 Bolton Thu Apr 26 2018, 23:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Burton Albion v Bolton Wanderers

With Wanderers back on their travels as they make the trip to Burton Albion for their penultimate game of the season this weekend, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash at the Pirelli Stadium.

1. Season-defining

The fight at the bottom of the Sky Bet Championship continues into the penultimate weekend of the season with the drop facing two more teams after Sunderland's relegation to the third tier was confirmed last weekend.

Barnsley’s defeat at Nottingham Forest during the week means that Wanderers’ fate is ultimately back in their own hands.

Should Phil Parkinson’s men win at the Pirelli Stadium this weekend and Barnsley fail to beat Brentford at Oakwell, the Whites will be safe from the drop with Barnsley and Burton both relegated. There is a job to be done!

2. Final away day

Saturday's trip to the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday afternoon sees Bolton play their final away game of the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship season.

Having been held to an enthralling 2-2 draw against Barnsley at Oakwell in the last away fixture, the Trotters will be hoping to end a run on the road which has seen just one win in the last nine (v Sheffield United at Bramall Lane in late December).

With Wanderers memories looking back to last term's spring victory over Port Vale, Phil Parkinson's men will be looking to recreate last year's campaign finale with points vitally important at this latter stage of the season.

3. Maiden trip to the Pirelli Stadium

Saturday's game marks the Whites' first ever visit to the Pirelli Stadium, having only played Burton Albion twice before in the club's history.

With a potential three points vital to both sides as they look to secure their place in the Sky Bet Championship for next season, Bolton will be hungry to ensure their first away clash with the Brewers proves to be a successful one!

4. Revenge!

Aside from the obvious reasons to try and get what could be a decisive victory this weekend, the Trotters will be looking to avenge the Brewers after they picked up a narrow victory at the Macron Stadium back in December.

Lloyd Dyer’s first half goal proved enough to give the visitors the three points on that afternoon, despite Wanderers dominating the majority of the game.

Having also suffered a late 1-0 defeat when the two sides met at BL6 in the League Cup in August 2015, the Whites are due both goals and a win against Nigel Clough's side.

5. Big away following!

The importance of the travelling Bolton army goes without saying this weekend.

With the away allocation at the Pirelli Stadium limited due to the low capacity of the stadium, tickets for Saturday's encounter have sold incredibly fast and Phil Parkinson’s side will be backed by a sold out away end of just over 1,500 supporters!

With the Trotters' travelling support being at its finest as they clock up the miles over the course of the season, and with the game potentially decisive to the Trotters' eventual final league position, Wanderers supporters will once again be in full voice and could well make the difference in what will be a crucial afternoon of football.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum