Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Watford

+27
Numpty 28723
Bolton Nuts
Barryjw
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
observer
Mr Magoo
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
Spillthebeans
chipbutty
Dunkels King
jayjay23
Spirit of 58
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Mallorca Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Born to be a wanderer
xmiles
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Bolton 2-1 Watford Tue Sep 11 2012, 20:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's sad is it wasn't the formation that didn't work against Hull, it was the players that didn't make it work, but Clueless will change the formation.

I'm expecting a 4-4-2, with either Sordell or Ngog partnering Super Duper Kevin Davies, and it will be similar to the Derby match - it will be awful but we'll either draw or scrape a win.

2Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Tue Sep 11 2012, 20:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am dreading the team sheet for Saturdays game.

3Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Tue Sep 11 2012, 21:41

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coyle will defo play 2 strikers up top against Watford. His job is on the line, so he has to go for broke!

Team:-

Bogdan

Mears Mills Knight Ricketts

Chungy Andrews Spearing Eagles

BKD Sordell

*It's still a shit team, btw!

4Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 12:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we didn't win this on saturday and we didn't have the game in midweek I am convicned coyle would be sacked. However the 3 games in a week may just give him some more time.

He will go 4-4-2 no question about it:-

Bogdan

Ricketts......Mills....Knight.....Alonso

Eagles.....Andrews......Spearing....Petrov

Sordell......Afobe or Ngog

That would be my team selection.

5Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 13:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

SKD will likely cause OC to lose his job ....and it will be fully deserved for not having the nuts to make change.

Team for Watford = Unchanged as per usual.

6Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:If we didn't win this on saturday and we didn't have the game in midweek I am convicned coyle would be sacked. However the 3 games in a week may just give him some more time.

He will go 4-4-2 no question about it:-

Bogdan

Ricketts......Mills....Knight.....Alonso

Eagles.....Andrews......Spearing....Petrov

Sordell......Afobe or Ngog

That would be my team selection.

It won't be Coyle's though as this would mean dropping SKD and Mears.

7Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 21:03

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lets hope the fucking defence has been learning how to defend corners over the last 2 weeks.Id start N,Gog and Sordell as this combination has not been used yet.N,gog although not prolific puts a shift and could help Sordell.Bogden Riley,Mills,Ream,Ricketts Petrov Mark Davies Spearing Eagles N.gog Sordell.

8Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 21:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the Bolton Evening News -

SKIPPER Kevin Davies has stressed the need for Wanderers to have renewed focus following the international break after their indifferent start to the campaign.

As one of the main target men, he knows the need for the Whites to tighten up defensively as a team is a primary aim.

Davies said: “We acknowledge that it has not been the best of starts to the season, but there is no doom and gloom around.

“We have identified the areas we need to improve and are looking forward to working hard to put that right with the games coming up.

“Although a lot of the lads have been away on international duty it hasn’t prevented us from doing a good, hard two weeks’ training .

“We have spent the hours on the pitches and looked back over the videos.

“A focus has been on tightening things up defensively, not just the lads in the back four, but as a team.

“As a unit we have to become more solid. Without the ball, we have been concentrating on defending as a team and making things harder for our opponents.”

Owen Coyle’s men host Watford before tricky trips to Birmingham on Tuesday and Sheffield Wednesday a week on Saturday.

It’s a hectic week after a fortnight without a fixture but Davies is looking at the opportunity to amass nine points with three morale-boosting wins.

“We have a big week ahead of us and there is the opportunity to collect up to nine points,” he added.

“The aim is simple – to get back to winning ways as soon as we can and to start climbing the league table.

“As for Watford, like any other club in this league, they will provide difficult opposition.

“They had a bad result last time out, losing 5-1 at Derby, so I’m sure they will have been working on their defence too.

“But this is definitely a game we believe we can win.”

Davies is likely to be rejoined in the squad by fit-again forward David Ngog, while Marvin Sordell will be fresh after being an unused substitute in England Under-21s’ 1-0 win over Norway on Monday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 21:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So many positives! Let's see what happens on Saturday. I wont be holding my breath.

10Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 21:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBH we should easily beat them...But as we already know this is not guaranteed - nothing ever is with the team we love!

11Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zola needs to make amends for their poor showing against Derby. It's two managers under pressure. who will crack first ?

12Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do have home 'advantage' - An early goal would be ideal...But if we concede I expect a chorus of boos will go around the stadium - Only time will tell, I am quite excited to see which team will turn up and if the players & manager take heed to Uncle Phil's 'warning'.

13Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate backing against us but I have a terrible feeling that it will be a close game with Watford just edging it by one goal. We haven't hit the ground up and running and I think our win against Derby at home was somewhat of a false dawn. I do hope I am wrong.

14Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm so unsure as to where the club goes from here, that I'm not in the least bit nervous about the match. We're on a hiding to nothing under Coyle and a win only keeps him in the job longer, but the potential replacements are underwhelming.

One thing I'm certain of is Kevin Davies interviews are a waste of time.

15Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 22:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm so unsure as to where the club goes from here, that I'm not in the least bit nervous about the match. We're on a hiding to nothing under Coyle and a win only keeps him in the job longer, but the potential replacements are underwhelming.

One thing I'm certain of is Kevin Davies interviews are a waste of time.

That's the spirit. Tell it as it is and fuck the consequences. Razz

16Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Wed Sep 12 2012, 23:32

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

I thought there was a chance Coyle & Kevin Davies could piss this league, and that CYL would be the 'NPower Messi'

I'll not bother with my thoughts for Saturday.

It's pointless.

17Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Thu Sep 13 2012, 11:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bogdan will definitely not be at his best after letting 4 in when playing the Dutch on Tuesday!

(funny how quickly he has become useless since Barber was shown the door at Bolton!!!)

So I am expecting another non-clean sheet!

Going for Bolton 1 2 Watford

18Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Thu Sep 13 2012, 14:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll win.

probably a scrappy 1-0 where Watford deserve at least a point.

19Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Thu Sep 13 2012, 18:44

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Bolton will win this one.

20Bolton 2-1 Watford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Watford Fri Sep 14 2012, 20:27

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My team for tomorrow since Coyle is letting me do the picking I will reveal it here...

Lonergan
Riley Mills Knight Alonso
Spearing
Eagles Mavies Andrews Wylde
Ngog Sordell

With a good attacking bench of Afobe, Lee, Petrov there just is not room for Kevin Davies. I honestly cannot understand why he still gets picked first every week when we have some good quality attackers in our ranks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum