Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICAL Dougie Freedman new Bolton manager!

+27
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
jayjay23
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Numpty 28723
Barryjw
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
JakeSnake
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
Angry Dad
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently!

(as if)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Interesting developments if that's true, I wouldn't complain if he did become our next manager to be honest.

Just watching the palace highlights on the league show and they play some very nice stuff to be fair.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is more like it, I stand to win some lovely money if he's our next manager. Fingers crossed we get him.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That implies they've already discounted the dreamteam.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They are absolutely shitting themselves on the palace forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They are taking us s seriously now.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

His contract is up in 7 months, but why would he want to change to Bolton inthe meantime. This is a serious question, as he's done a lot of work with Palace, which is now coming to fruition.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton are a far more attractive club to manage than palace. We have a far better squad and team, our stadium is miles better and I am sure he'd get a nice pay rise to come. If we offer him the job I am sure he will accept.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I hope you're righht because he seems to be a good option. I don't know if its a good thing, but he would have had a good insight into the place, team, setup, etc when they visitied recently. I read a report just now that said we would want the current trio kept in the loop regards the training etc. Don't know if any new manager would like to be told what backup team he has to work with, but maybe thats just paper talk.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The approach is official:-

Wanderers have submitted an official approach for Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman, The move was made by chairman Phil Gartside at the end of last week, and it is understood that the London club are yet to respond.

Glaswegian Freedman masterminded Palace's recent victory at the Reebok and had guided the Eagles into the top echelons of the Championship on a limited budget.

He has seven months remaining on his contract at Selhurst Park and has taken charge of just 90 senior games since taking over the reins in 2011.

But the 38-year-old's work with a young squad has impressed the Wanderers hierarchy, and they have made him their number one choice.

Jimmy Phillips will remain in temporary charge heading into Tuesday night's game against Wolves, and it is also understood that he, Sammy Lee and Julian Darby could be part of the first team set up should Freedman come in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure about this.

They made the move last week i.e. before yesterday's game which seems a bit knee-jerk. Seeing as Freeman has already said that there's "no way" he'd turn his back on Palace we're going to end up with another OC/Burnley scenario if he comes. They should give JP a bit more time IMO as Wolves and Boro away will be very testing indeed and we'll know in a week's time if he and the dreamteam are up for the job. If we can win games playing the way JP appears to want to play I'd be very happy with that.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The difference with OC/Burnley is that OC actually wanted to come here, I know little about Dougie but I just don't see him having the same desire to come here as what Coyle did.

As you say Wanderlurst I would like to see JP given more time, unless he isn't keen on taking the job full time.

Jimmy Phillips will remain in temporary charge heading into Tuesday night's game against Wolves, and it is also understood that he, Sammy Lee and Julian Darby could be part of the first team set up should Freedman come in.

Would a new manager be willing to come in if he is told who he has to have as his backroom team?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite livid about this.

Freedman never won anything as a player and hasn't even been in the play-offs as a manager. He has less than 100 games experience, many of those with Palace near the foot of the Championship. He simply hasn't had time to aquire a network of contacts, who the fuck is going to want to play for Dougie Freedman? Even his first name is shite.

Freedman out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen a fantastically ironic tweet.

something like "don't think freedman has got the experience to get us promoted"

next tweet same person.

"stick with Jimmy"

errrrrr.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop reading Twitter you bellend.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find this bizarre.

He's been in management not even two years, hasn't set the world on fire to say the least (bare in mind that he inherited a squad consisting of Zaha) and it's going to cost the club in compensation.

He might be very good, but so might a lot of people.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doff your talking like Zaha is Messi, he's not. He's talented for sure, potential premier league player but fucking hell.

I remember when we put bids in for him and the consensus was he was "Shit" and "lightweight" now he's a fucking a world beater.

People who don't think Freedman is the answer question his experience, fair enough, but then to say someone with NO experience is the answer? If experience is the argument then surely these people would want a Mick or a Curbs or B.Davies.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

People who don't think Freedman is the answer question his experience, fair enough, but then to say someone with NO experience is the answer? If experience is the argument then surely these people would want a Mick or a Curbs or B.Davies.

He's no real experience of anything. He was an average player who didn't play at the top level. You could say Di Canio is inexperienced, but he played at the top level and will have a wealth of contacts in Italy and elsewhere.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's been proven that being a good player counts for jack shit when it comes to being a manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum