Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICAL Dougie Freedman new Bolton manager!

+27
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
jayjay23
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Numpty 28723
Barryjw
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
JakeSnake
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
Angry Dad
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You might be right, but i think it's tenuous at best to say it'll be similar because he's also scottish.

not even managed one minute of football and already he's a bad appointment.

Rolling Eyes

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair, I doubt most people are worried by his nationality. People wanted a bigger name, and/or someone more proven at this level. Not someone who's managed 90 games and only won 1 more than he's lost...

However, there was no indication that Big Sam would be a success until he was. The appointment of Freedman is underwhelming, however, he could be a Coyle or a Big Sam. We just don't know yet. He wasn't my number one choice, but I'll give him a chance...

As I said ealier, if he flops, we're simply back in the same boat as we've just been in (mid-table championship team with a chance of promotion under the right manager!) Now that Coyle and his clowns have gone, I'm not too worried about the prospect of further relegation (which I definately was under Coyle!)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:To be fair, I doubt most people are worried by his nationality. People wanted a bigger name, and/or someone more proven at this level. Not someone who's managed 90 games and only won 1 more than he's lost...

However, there was no indication that Big Sam would be a success until he was. The appointment of Freedman is underwhelming, however, he could be a Coyle or a Big Sam. We just don't know yet. He wasn't my number one choice, but I'll give him a chance...

As I said ealier, if he flops, we're simply back in the same boat as we've just been in (mid-table championship team with a chance of promotion under the right manager!) Now that Coyle and his clowns have gone, I'm not too worried about the prospect of further relegation (which I definately was under Coyle!)

Most people seemed to want Jimmy Phillips so i can't agree with that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm willing to give him a chance, but I absolutely refuse to call him 'Dougie'. Reminds me too much of Chucky.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster, over the last few weeks, I've seen quite a few of our fellow Wanderers suggest that Harry Redknapp should be the next Bolton manager. Other forums, Twitter, Facebook, you name it. Some fans do think we're still a top 8 Premier League team and nothing less than that will be good enough. I like and share their ambition, but I'm also a realist. Yes, some people wanted JP after the Bristol City game, he is Bolton through and through afterall, but the name I've seen suggested the most is Harry Redknapp. Dougie Freedman has one hell of a job trying to live up to our supporters expectations that's for sure! I just hope he doesn't do a Megson and start saying things like "this place", "my face don't fit" and "we were below team name here" in the media if/when the heat does get turned up.

For now though, onwards and upwards! DFSWA!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting interview with Lennie Lawrence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cites Dougie as the reason for todays remarkable Palace victory.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum