Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICAL Dougie Freedman new Bolton manager!

+27
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
jayjay23
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Numpty 28723
Barryjw
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
JakeSnake
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
Angry Dad
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dougie to be offered 500k a year plus a MASSIVE promotion bonus....

according to this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Surely the original article this thread was based on contradicts this latest one. We were locked in talks on Saturday night, now we are going to make an approach to Palace. Anyone would think the journalist was just making things up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly OneO, It's just been reported on Sky Sports News that Crystal Palace have given Bolton permission to speak to Dougie.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not against JP, i like the guy, might be a good manager.

but I'm at a loss as to why so many are desperate for him to take over.

Is it that they actually think he is "the guy" or just a general "meh" when it comes to the other candidates?

I suspect it's the later, oh and of course the sentiment, which we've already seen with Coyle isn't important.

Having seen the change in attitude and performance on Saturday, and knowing that there are 2 tough away games this week, it just seems sensible to wait to see how JP does before diving into a new contract with a new manager.

TBH none of the candidates excite me and Freeman in particular is an issue given the baggage he has and the problems that will arise again if we poach another teams' manager. In particular I wouldn't trust anyone who has made a commitment to Palace and is prepared to follow the money. I didn't like it when Allardyce put money first and I wouldn't like it if we did it to Palace. From our perspective I'd rather see the money on the pitch. So if JP can hack it - and there's no reason so far to suggest he can't - he would be preferable IMO.

If it turns out that Saturday was just a flash in the pan rather than a new dawn - fair enough - get another Judas. But if we continue to improve under JP it would be absolutely stupid to change things.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not against JP, i like the guy, might be a good manager.

Is it that they actually think he is "the guy" or just a general "meh" when it comes to the other candidates?

I suspect it's the later, oh and of course the sentiment, which we've already seen with Coyle isn't important.

Having seen the change in attitude and performance on Saturday, and knowing that there are 2 tough away games this week, it just seems sensible to wait to see how JP does before diving into a new contract with a new manager.

TBH none of the candidates excite me and Freeman in particular is an issue given the baggage he has and the problems that will arise again if we poach another teams' manager. In particular I wouldn't trust anyone who has made a commitment to Palace and is prepared to follow the money. I didn't like it when Allardyce put money first and I wouldn't like it if we did it to Palace. From our perspective I'd rather see the money on the pitch. So if JP can hack it - and there's no reason so far to suggest he can't - he would be preferable IMO.

If it turns out that Saturday was just a flash in the pan rather than a new dawn - fair enough - get another Judas. But if we continue to improve under JP it would be absolutely stupid to change things.

This sums up exactly how I feel about the current situation. Though it sounds as if JP & SL will still have a big role to play under DF, if he decides to take the position.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Coyle was sacked I felt a surge of excitement I haven't felt for many years.

Now I seem to be faced with two choices: Jimmy bloody Phillips, a useless twat of a player whose pass to Matt Le Tissier cost us our place in the Premier League....or Dougie Freedman, a manager with less than a 100 games experience.

Fuck off Gartside you idiot. I told you Coyle would be a mistake, hopefully you'll listen to me this time.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:

Totally agree with all that is said by Wanderlust. What is the point in rushing in buying another young Scotsman who first says that he wants to finish off what he strated to the just become a judas to his current fans to please Gartside's pride. Remember the Palace fans at the end of August and beginning of September were calling for his head because of the poor run of results - that could happen to us, yet again!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well my attitude is the same as it was before the game, unlike 99% of the people it seems.

Freedman has done a good job at palace in difficult circumstance, has bled some very good youngsters there and this season they look to be a top 6-8 side playing some very nice football. That sounds good to me.

JP is someone who has led the team in one game against a very poor Bristol side who had us 2-0 down. Don't get me wrong i like JP and i hope he continues his good work at the acadamy but to give him the job after a decent 45 minute showing is laughable. The love in with JP is ridiculous, i think it was Aaron who predicted it, and he was right, can't believe I'm surprised at it.

also saying it's not the right move because he's Scottish is embarrassing.

(don't forget he's a palace man through and through and probably won't want to leave, so the fans will likely get their "dreamteam" wish.)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Palace give permission to Bolton to talk with Dougie:-

Crystal Palace have given boss Dougie Freedman permission to speak to Bolton about their vacant manager's position.

Freedman has led the Eagles to fourth in the Championship on a shoestring budget but speculation over the weekend linked him to the Bolton hotseat.

Trotters' caretaker-manager Jimmy Phillips has now revealed chairman Phil Gartside is keen to talk to Freedman as the replacement for Owen Coyle,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] who was sacked on 9 October.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think it's a love-in with JP just yet. We've only had one date and nobody got past first base. Point is he's only had a week to prepare for 3 games in 7 days so the odds are stacked against him. That said, I (and others) were pleased with what we saw and if it ain't broke why fix it? There are plenty of opportunities for it all to go tits up against Wolves and Boro. But if by some miracle, the lads build on what they did against Bristol and tighten up the defence at the same time I reckon they should be given a shot - even if that's just an extension to the interim agreement.

If we're winning, or at least looking more capable of winning, that's a step in the right direction and until I see something that suggests we actually need a new manager I can't see any reason to get one - especially if we're going to alienate ourselves from another set of fans just to get a fickle money-grabber in the process.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Palace have released a statement saying they have refused permission for Bolton to speak to dougie. Dammit

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Palace have released a statement saying they have refused permission for Bolton to speak to dougie. Dammit

Good. I don't care about your £100. You'd only buy another suitcase.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Time to move onto our next target, whoever that maybe. I can't see Freedman complaining at the fact Palace have denied him a chance to speak to us.

Looks like JP/SL will be in charge for the next 2 games.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Time to move onto our next target, whoever that maybe. I can't see Freedman complaining at the fact Palace have denied him a chance to speak to us.

Looks like JP/SL will be in charge for the next 2 games.

It seems that JD keeps being forgotten about, even though he is also part of the caretaker management team - poor Julian!Shocked

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Don't think it's a love-in with JP just yet. We've only had one date and nobody got past first base. Point is he's only had a week to prepare for 3 games in 7 days so the odds are stacked against him. That said, I (and others) were pleased with what we saw and if it ain't broke why fix it? There are plenty of opportunities for it all to go tits up against Wolves and Boro. But if by some miracle, the lads build on what they did against Bristol and tighten up the defence at the same time I reckon they should be given a shot - even if that's just an extension to the interim agreement.

If we're winning, or at least looking more capable of winning, that's a step in the right direction and until I see something that suggests we actually need a new manager I can't see any reason to get one - especially if we're going to alienate ourselves from another set of fans just to get a fickle money-grabber in the process.

If we lose to Wolves which is obviously a possibility, the tide will turn again.

it was the same under Coyle, If JP wasn't a former player he wouldn't even be mentioned as a replacement, even if we beat Bristol 10-0. Simple as that.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Tha ball is in Freedmans court now, does he stick at Palace and hold out for a new contract when his current one expires or jump at the chance of trying to get one of the best teams (ON PAPER) in the league promoted.

I imagine this one will rumble on for the next couple of days before a final decision is made.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves away. Always going to be one of the toughest matches of the season. If we get anything from it we've done well.

Not arsed about DF.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Wolves away. Always going to be one of the toughest matches of the season. If we get anything from it we've done well.

Not arsed about DF.

Me too. I'd never heard of DF until Palace beat us at the Reebok.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just been on manc radio, Palace now allowing Bolton to speak to Freedman.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Just been on manc radio, Palace now allowing Bolton to speak to Freeman.

To be fair they held out for all of 18 hours.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Banks of the Croal wrote:Just been on manc radio, Palace now allowing Bolton to speak to Freeman.

To be fair they held out for all of 18 hours.

Laughing

Foot down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum