Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICAL Dougie Freedman new Bolton manager!

+27
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
jayjay23
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Numpty 28723
Barryjw
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
JakeSnake
Banks of the Croal
bwfc71
Angry Dad
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So now confirmed?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Done.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I swear those comments attributed to Freedman are exactly the same ones Coyle uttered when he left Burnley. And fuck off Gartside, you have also used the exact same script you used a few years ago.

When we met his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game was evident

He was at a job interview, everyone is fucking enthusiastic. Especially when having their wages doubled. His knowledge of the game evident? He's been a footballer all his adult life, surely that is a given?

This is the darkest day in a long, long time. Mark my words, Freedman will be out by Christmas 2013.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Welcome aboard Dougie!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Welcome aboard Dougie!

You're dead to me.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Booo.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20081696

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nothing like giving the guy a chance is their.....

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least the saga is over, now for the next one - Lets hope its a good one Smile

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

PLAYED 90 WON 32 DRAW 27 LOST 31 WIN% 35.56

Played 90 Total Points = 123
Points per game total at Palace = 1.3

Owen Coyle points per game total at BWFC = 1.2

Everybody has said that Bolton's main problem is conceding too many goals. We need to get a manager in who can address that issue...

Bolton Wanderers goals against this season under Coyle = 16
Crystal Palace goals against this season under Freedman = 19

Last edited by jayjay23 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

jayjay23 wrote: PLAYED 90 WON 32 DRAW 27 LOST 31 WIN% 35.56

Look at the squad though, even some of the best managers would struggle to get a better win percentage.

Let's not turn this into another Megson appointment and be on the guys back before he has even started.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For comparison purposes

Sam Allardyce: Played 371 Wins 153 Draws 104 Losses 114 Win % 41.24 (38.62% for previous club)
Gary Megson: Played 98 Wins 27 Draws 26 Losses 45 Win % 27.55 (33.33% for previous club)
Owen Coyle: Played 126 Wins 42 Draws 24 Losses 60 Win % 33.33 (42.24% for previous club)

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Official Club Statement:

Bolton Wanderers can confirm the appointment of Dougie Freedman as manager.

Chairman Phil Gartside said: “Dougie is young and ambitious. When we met his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game was evident.

“He has a real drive and passion, and knows what we want to achieve and how we want to go about it. I am looking forward to working with Dougie to secure that."

Freedman said: “I am delighted to join Bolton.

“The club is geared up to getting back into the Premier League. There is an impressive setup and structure in place, and a first team squad of undoubted quality.

“I am excited about the challenge ahead of us.”

Freedman had been in charge of Crystal Palace for 21 months, taking over from George Burley in January 2011, under whom he had previously been assistant.

The Glaswegian initially helped steer the Eagles away from the relegation zone, and then in his first full season in charge enjoyed a memorable run to the League Cup semi-finals, toppling Manchester United at Old Trafford along the way.

The Selhurst Park club have so far made a promising start to the new season, with Freedman collecting the recent Manager of the Month accolade for September.

As a player, Freedman was on the books of QPR as a youngster before he later joined Palace, where he had two spells, registering over 350 appearances.

The twice-capped Scotland striker also represented Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United and Southend United, before taking up a coaching role at Palace in March 2010.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm fully behind this appointment but Gartsides comments are scarily similar to when we appointed coyle.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

jayjay23 wrote: PLAYED 90 WON 32 DRAW 27 LOST 31 WIN% 35.56

Played 90 Total Points = 123
Points per game total at Palace = 1.3

Owen Coyle points per game total at BWFC = 1.2

Everybody has said that Bolton's main problem is conceding too many goals. We need to get a manager in who can address that issue...

Bolton Wanderers goals against this season under Coyle = 16
Crystal Palace goals against this season under Freedman = 19

Former defenders do seem more aware of the need not to concede goals, BSA for example.

Maybe we should have given Jimmy more time, but as I have already mentioned, look how well Phil Brown did as temporary manager.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Still an underwhelming appointment, but as said, we've got to just give him a chance and if it goes tits up we'll be back in this boat in 12-18 months time...

The joys of being a football fan!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I swear those comments attributed to Freedman are exactly the same ones Coyle uttered when he left Burnley. And fuck off Gartside, you have also used the exact same script you used a few years ago.

When we met his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game was evident

He was at a job interview, everyone is fucking enthusiastic. Especially when having their wages doubled. His knowledge of the game evident? He's been a footballer all his adult life, surely that is a given?

This is the darkest day in a long, long time. Mark my words, Freedman will be out by Christmas 2013.

Dear Ms Whittam

Thank you for your application to become the Manager of Bolton Wanderers FC. We regret to inform you that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful, but would like to keep your application on file should another opportunity arise in the near future - please advise if this is OK.

Whilst your application made extremely interesting reading and I personally enjoyed your demonstration of how you intended to take the players in hand during the interview, the Board felt that other candidates' experience, skills and qualifications more closely matched the job description and person specification.

Thanks again for your interest in Bolton Wanderers FC and may I take this occasion to wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards

Phil.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha, you come across as an intelligent person.

I would expect you to give our new manager a chance before you slate him, you can't back your argument up because he hasn't even set foot in the training ground yet!

Felltrotter

David Ngog
David Ngog

Is this the start of our very own Groundhog Day, I wonder.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Felltrotter wrote:Is this the start of our very own Groundhog Day, I wonder.

You mean this could be a similar sort of situation to when Sam took over?

I agree.

Felltrotter

David Ngog
David Ngog

Optimism is a wonderful quality, I really must try it sometime. Wink No, I was thinking more of the last three Gartside appointments, and in particular the last bright young Scotsman, who brought such enthusiasm etc to the club. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but Garty's headless chicken impersonation at the slightest prompting does worry me, and it ought to worry ED a lot more than it appears to do. JP and co should have been given a bit longer to show what they could/couldn't do. I think they have been treated fairly shabbily, and there will always be a shadow of doubt over DF's appointment. For what it's worth, I think Coyle's biggest weakness was lazyness, and he used the slightest setback to justify it - it's a very common failing which I hope Dougie doesn't share.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum