Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 32]

281Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 06 2022, 01:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Thanks guys. I'm bang up to date with all the latest transfer news now. Don't know how I would cope if this site folded. Mad
As far as transfers go, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] having kept 85.9% of our squad. Woo hoo!

How they arrived at 14.1% leaving, I wouldn't hazard a guess.

Anyhoo high retention fits with previous statements that we've done the business already and recruited the "right players" - although Evatt says the door is always open for the right candidate which would now have to come from the ranks of the out-of-contract.

All we need now is for the right players to do the business on the pitch.

Still trying to work out if it's genius or delusion Smile

282Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 06 2022, 08:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:See how it works Norpig.

Unsolicited personal abuse from Wanderlust because he is obsessed with me and I take the piss out of him in return over something stupid he's said that he can't admit to ever being wrong about.

For what it is worth it is yet another clear example of him trolling looking for a reaction from me.

He's just been banned for three days for the same thing, yet here he is just a few days later from his return doing it yet again!

How does me ignoring him help stop him from continuing to do so for as long as he likes - it doesn't does it?.

If people don't want to step up all call him out nothing is going to ever change is it?

His trolling, piss taking, obsessiveness, call it what you will, needs to stop.

And he clearly thinks he can continue to do as he pleases - probably thinks you are all on his side anyway.

Maybe you are - but it which case don't come crying to me that the on going circle between me and him never ends!

I've given fair warning that he needs to pack it in and that I'm not here to be trolled.

If you really are a mate of his you need to have a word in his ear before the next ban happens (although I don't believe he is able to self moderate himself to avoid the inevitable).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

283Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Nov 14 2022, 16:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is the signing of Cole Stockton in January the answer to our goal scoring problems?

284Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Nov 14 2022, 18:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Is the signing of Cole Stockton in January the answer to our goal scoring problems?

No goals and no assists in 14 matches this season, he'd fit right in!

285Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Nov 14 2022, 19:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Is the signing of Cole Stockton in January the answer to our goal scoring problems?
Definitely not Cajun, one good season in his history and no better than Dion in that regard. Mind you, that being so he may fit right into Evatt’s system?? 🤔

286Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Nov 14 2022, 20:46

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
Definitely not Cajun, one good season in his history and no better than Dion in that regard. Mind you, that being so he may fit right into Evatt’s system?? 🤔
I remember us playing a hard fought match at Morecambe last season. After the final whistle EVANS went to Stockton and they walked off the pitch chatting away as  though they were old friends.
I could imagine EVANS giving him a chance at Bolton to rejuvinate his career.

287Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 15 2022, 10:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:
I remember us playing a hard fought match at Morecambe last season. After the final whistle EVANS went to Stockton and they walked off the pitch chatting away as  though they were old friends.
I could imagine EVANS giving him a chance at Bolton to rejuvinate his career.
I could see it happening Cajun and who knows it might work but Evatt could have signed him last year when his contract expired and we did need strikers at that point but he didn’t. If we signed him in January it might cost us a fee so I’m not sure it would happen. He did look good last year but my fear is that like Dion, it could have just been a blip. All said though, if it was a choice between Stockton and Bakajoko I’d go for Stockton because at least he does have a scoring record. Time will tell and I’m sure that IE will definitely be bringing a striker of some kind in.

288Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 15 2022, 11:21

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The drop off in form by Dion Charles is quite alarming, he has played double minutes on the pitch than any of our other strikers with just one goal more than a wing back, one was a penalty but it's not that the bothers me it's his general play.  His first touch seems to have deserted him, he has no confidence in front of goal missed countless chances.
Add to that he never even tries to win an header just sticks his arse into the centre half yet he's ahed of JDB how can that be.

289Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 15 2022, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need experience. Matej Vydra is currently without a club, he'd be half decent at this level.

290Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 15 2022, 14:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m sure there will be several good quality, proven strikers available in January and if Evatt was telling the truth in the summer about it then hopefully he’ll have something lined up. To be fair he chose to stick with what he had in the belief that they’d be good enough but sadly that’s not been the case. The stand out one for me has been Bod yet he rarely gets a start under Evatt. None of them can say they haven’t been given opportunities though but none have taken them. Personally I’d keep Bod and Dion and look to offload Kachunga and Baka who just aren’t good enough. We also need an experienced CH to mentor Santos who can control the back four. Surely there are players available but will they come and could we afford them?

291Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 15 2022, 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What we need more than anything is a Karl Henry style midfielder.

We are way too easy to bully.

292Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 16 2022, 14:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ok then back to football and the point of this thread. January is approaching fast, who do we expect to be going out and who would we like to come in? I think it’s pretty nailed on that Declan Johns going and probably Will Aimson too, who seems to have dropped even further down the pack since our Irish lad signed. I doubt Sadlier is happy sitting on the bench and never getting a run so I suspect he may want a chance somewhere else and who can blame him? It seems pretty odds on that a new striker will come in so that means at least one out. Is Dion’s place safe, or could it be Baka or even Bod? For whatever reason I can’t see Evatt getting rid of Kachunga and to be fair, he does work hard if we don’t have to rely on him for goals, maybe the pressure will be off him? What about defenders, will Bradley stay until the summer or go to a Championship club like North End or Wolves? He’d be a big miss if he did go and I’m not sure we could find as good a replacement?

So, for me outs; John, Sadlier,nAimson, Bradley and Bakajoko. That’s five places to fill but we don’t need five in so a good striker and an experienced Centre Back. It wouldn’t surprise me if Evatt finally went for Cole Stockton, to see if he can revitalise him from his slump at Portsmouth, although he doesn’t strike me as a worker who’ll chase defenders, more a proper Centre forward but it could work alongside Dion? As a wild card, how about Richard Wood from Rotherham at Centre Half. His contracts coming up and I know he’s 37 but he’s still some player on a 1 year contract to just get us up? I’m sure Evatt has irons in the fire but anybody any other thoughts on who?

293Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 16 2022, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There isn't a player in our squad I would be disappointed to lose if they moved on in January. I don't think I've ever felt like that before. We don't have a single player I enjoy watching.

I can't see many moving on though, who would take them?

A shithousing central midfielder and a striker who has a vague idea of where the net is would be my preference if players were being signed.

294Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 16 2022, 23:34

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:There isn't a player in our squad I would be disappointed to lose if they moved on in January. I don't think I've ever felt like that before. We don't have a single player I enjoy watching.

I can't see many moving on though, who would take them?

A shithousing central midfielder and a striker who has a vague idea of where the net is would be my preference if players were being signed.
Can’t disagree at all with that Nat, I can’t say either with any honesty that I’d worry if any of them went. There doesn’t seem to be any characters in the squad, or if there is I haven’t noticed them. When you watch them play there’s nobody acting as a leader and when we go behind, heads just drop. Santos must be the most ineffective captain we’ve ever had. He may be a super nice guy in the dressing room and popular with the players but personally I’d rather have a total bar steward who’ll chew you’re arse if you don’t perform. Sadly I don’t think Evatt agrees because they might chew his arse too!! 🤨

295Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 16 2022, 23:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It’s probably time that we let him go because his standard seems to have dropped due to age but I’ve really enjoyed watching Kieran Lee in a white shirt at times. Clever player that we got too late in his career.

296Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Nov 17 2022, 09:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:It’s probably time that we let him go because his standard seems to have dropped due to age but I’ve really enjoyed watching Kieran Lee in a white shirt at times. Clever player that we got too late in his career.
Not sure about his standard dropping fin, he’s still head and shoulders above any of our other midfielders, even at his age but I suspect he may well be one to add to the list of leavers, though I don’t think it will be in January, more likely in the summer? What is certain is that we won’t find anybody near his class for free.

297Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Nov 17 2022, 12:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All sounds good on paper ---- the purpose of transfers is to bring in players that are better than the ones you have. Last two in are Toal and Beck - neither in the first team. Every team is on the lookout for strikers and the key to that is money. So presuming we are basically skint as per usual I'm not sure what can be done. We lack quality in various positions, but I think the system is to blame currently.

298Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Dec 16 2022, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Declan John to Exeter.

My mole strikes again.

299Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 27 2022, 22:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Declan John to Exeter.

My mole strikes again.

Fwiw there was some social media gossip going around that John was going to do a 'Sarcevic' towards the end of last season and jump ship mid season and outside the transfer window and go to nonleague Wrexham (the one with the Hollywood film star owners).

That didn't happen obviously but maybe the plan was to let him go in the summer transfer window, which would explain why we had Iredale lined up to sign at the start of the window (and why we ended up with Beck on loan - for back up?).

He didn't move as we know but maybe 'he' changed his mind about going to Wrexham (rather than Wrexham changed their minds about him) - so we ended up with having to pay both John and Iredale first team wages this season when we only budgeted for only one of them?

It would explain why John has been out of favour this season if the proposed deal fell apart because of him?

The story is from social media so could be a complete bollocks for all I know - but John is certainly the better wing back, isn't injured, yet isn't being picked, so there is some sort of a story as to what really has gone on here, I would think.

300Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 27 2022, 22:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum