Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe standing at the Reebok?

+14
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
CEF
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Would you like safe standing areas at the Reebok?

Safe standing at the Reebok? Vote_lcap86%Safe standing at the Reebok? Vote_rcap 86% [ 32 ]
Safe standing at the Reebok? Vote_lcap14%Safe standing at the Reebok? Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 17:22

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With serious talks today about the possibility of standing returning to English football, would you like to see safe standing areas introduced at the Reebok? If yes, which parts of the ground would you like to have it?

For me, the answer is YES! I'd have the North & East lower tiers as safe standing areas.

2Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 17:26

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

you will get 2 votes for 'no'

one will be hipster and the other Natasha...

Laughing

3Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 17:31

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair, Natahsa doesn't even want seated areas. I seem to recall he saying something about having all hospitality boxes. No place for us working class at Football....

4Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 18:05

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would welcome standing at the reebok with open arms!!

5Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 18:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No it's unsafe.

6Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 18:25

Standing in seated areas is more unsafe than standing in standing areas.

7Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 18:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see no reason why this subject shouldn't be reviewed. Other European countries have standing terraces and we don't read about tragedies in their grounds every week.

8Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 18:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I say YES - Away games it happens, so why not at home games?

9Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 19:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A big yes from me, I feel you can generate a better atmosphere when fans are standing up. The blackburn away game where nearly everyone was standing in the away end was an awesome atmosphere.

How would you say it's unfair Hipster?

10Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 19:18

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

When this debate comes up the "hillsbourgh families" will be offended lot get vocal. The talk of a netting at the corners after what happened at the manc derby has already got them going.

Its a Yes from me, anything to get an atmosphere at the reebok, god that place is like a morgue at the moment.

11Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 19:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:A big yes from me, I feel you can generate a better atmosphere when fans are standing up. The blackburn away game where nearly everyone was standing in the away end was an awesome atmosphere.

Absolutely

12Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 19:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:When this debate comes up the "hillsbourgh families" will be offended lot get vocal. The talk of a netting at the corners after what happened at the manc derby has already got them going.

Its a Yes from me, anything to get an atmosphere at the reebok, god that place is like a morgue at the moment.

The net would have to be bloody small and fine to stop a 2p or a 1p coin. It would spoil viewing completely.

Yes, the atmosphere at home is crap and yet our away support has been brilliant..

13Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 20:25

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lt. Boon wrote:To be fair, Natahsa doesn't even want seated areas. I seem to recall he saying something about having all hospitality boxes. No place for us working class at Football....

To be even fairer, he doesn't even want a stadium!

No need when you don't attend.

14Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 20:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a shite about safety, who wants to stand for 90 minutes in the cold next to a load of 7ft gropers.

No, I'll stick with my seat thank-you.

We've been here a million times, why does anyone want to stand? No one wants to stand in a restaurant or at the cinema so why at a football game?

15Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 20:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For me, it just adds to the atmosphere. I know it isn't for everyone and that's why I think it's important that both standing and seating areas are catered for. Football is all about passion. The euphoria that is generated when your team score. You don't get that kind of atmosphere in a cinema or a restaurant so there really is no correlation between the two.

16Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 20:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No it's unsafe.

Tried and tested in most civilised countries in Europe - in works perfectly well, even here in Holland.

Each person is designated a "seat" and as uch that person can stand in that "seat" - during all-seater European games the railing can be changed into a true proper seat.

Definitely in favour for it! All we need now is the movement for the beers to be allowed to be drunk at the seats!

17Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 21:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I couldn't give a shite about safety, who wants to stand for 90 minutes in the cold next to a load of 7ft gropers.

No, I'll stick with my seat thank-you.

We've been here a million times, why does anyone want to stand? No one wants to stand in a restaurant or at the cinema so why at a football game?

Actually I can tell you one famous theatre that does actually allow standing...... The Globe Theatre.

Also the theatres that allow concerts have standing areas, the Arena's have standing areas, you can stand up at rugby (both codes) and at cricket.

18Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 21:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wouldn't mind a safe standing area at the Reebok, providing we can drink ale and eat giant frankfurter sausages on the terraces.

If Rio Ferdinand ever celebrates a goal in front of me, I can throw my giant frankfurter at his ugly mug! it's much safer than a coin.

19Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Tue Dec 11 2012, 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The vote is 19-1 at the moment. Pretty conclusive.

20Safe standing at the Reebok? Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 08:57

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The thing about the hilssborough argument is that was a freak one, too many liverpool fans piling into the sheff wed away end without a ticket.

That would never happen in the modern day due to the turnstile set up, you couldn't get through a reebok turnstile without a ticket and if you did you would be kicked out.

As long as the standing section is in a zone on its own and not next to a sitting down area where you could block the view then I don't see a problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum