Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe standing at the Reebok?

+14
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
CEF
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Would you like safe standing areas at the Reebok?

Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Vote_lcap86%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 86% [ 32 ]
Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:For me, it just adds to the atmosphere. Football is all about passion. The euphoria that is generated when your team score.

This is plain daft. Why does it add to the atmosphere when you stand up? Why is the euphoria hightened when you stand up?

When you give Mrs RT one, do you do it standing up to make it better?

22Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 am

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Of course it adds to the atmosphere..

23Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Of course it adds to the atmosphere..

Everyone keeps saying this but WHY? What can you do standing up that you can't do sitting down?

24Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:For me, it just adds to the atmosphere. Football is all about passion. The euphoria that is generated when your team score.

This is plain daft. Why does it add to the atmosphere when you stand up? Why is the euphoria hightened when you stand up?

Any concerts better standing up, I think the same's true for football matches, the away matches are always best when everyone's on their feet singing the entire match.

How can you be against it? You can still have your seat there will just be a standing area for those who wish to .

25Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Everyone keeps saying this but WHY? What can you do standing up that you can't do sitting down?

People don't celebrate sitting down do they. So there clearly is a difference.

Someone mentioned it earlier but its the best comparison. Its like the difference between going to watch a band, the standing area is by far the best.

You feel like part of a big group/crowd instead of just individuals sitting down.

But its just common sense, its shouldn't really need justification, of course standing creates more atmosphere.

26Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 am

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Anyone who attended at Burnden on the Paddock and then compares the experience to sitting at the Reebok knows why!!

But of course Nat, you have done neither.

27Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:20 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I tried it once but I did my back in.

Back on topic. I can only speak from my own experience but at Blackburn and Huddersfield where we had a good away following and everyone was standing, it was so much more pleasurable than sitting down at the Reebok and freezing my plums off.

28Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

A standing ovation, like those after a spectacular stage performance!!!!

29Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha, when making important business calls do you take them standing up or sat down? Only asking as the best calls are tghe ones whilst standing as it projects the voice and tone much better than when sitting down.

30Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:

Anyone who attended at Burnden on the Paddock and then compares the experience to sitting at the Reebok knows why!!

But of course Nat, you have done neither.

I stood on the Burnden Terrace for many years as it was the only place my father would go, so I'm well qualified to comment on standing and seating.

When standing I would be surrounded by fat blokes with BO and terrible breath, wandering hands, shouting abuse down my ear.

When sitting in the corporate box I am in a cushioned seat, surrounded by people that take showers, wear £1000 suits, and don't need to abuse the ref for 90 minutes.

31Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Natasha, when making important business calls do you take them standing up or sat down? Only asking as the best calls are tghe ones whilst standing as it projects the voice and tone much better than when sitting down.

It's a phonecall, not rocket science. I always do it sitting down.

32Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

When sitting in the corporate box I am in a cushioned seat, surrounded by people that take showers, wear £1000 suits, and don't need to abuse the ref for 90 minutes.

What an awfully sterile environment to watch a game of football. I would rather give up going altogether than sit in a corporate box every week. Not for me.

33Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

What an awfully sterile environment to watch a game of football. I would rather give up going altogether than sit in a corporate box every week. Not for me.

Couldn't agree more, I once was offered to sit in corporate box last season but declined it. It's just not the same, more often than not the fans in the boxes only go once every 10 years and sit there slating the team all the time and haven't a clue who is playing.

12/12/12 - 12:12

34Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I once was offered to sit in corporate box last season but declined it. It's just not the same, more often than not the fans in the boxes only go once every 10 years and sit there slating the team all the time and haven't a clue who is playing.

12/12/12 - 12:12

Utter bullshit.

The people in boxes are often the most informed fans in the ground, they simply don't feel the need to hurl abuse at the ref or opposition for 90 minutes.

35Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Utter bullshit.

The people in boxes are often the most informed fans in the ground,

HTF do you come to that conclusion ? Someones knowledge of the game has no bearing on where they sit in the ground.

36Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've sat in a corporate box at the Reebok. It was rubbish. The people there were more interested in what drink they could have with their meal.

37Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:43 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't agree with you on that, some of the people who sit in the boxes only go because the companies they work for (who own the box) have give them tickets for the game.

In other news the hillsborough families have spoken out against it:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's time they fucked off and stopped sticking their thieving noses into everything. Fucking murdering wankers.

39Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you are living in a dream world. Standing, for the most part, is shit:

1. All you stumpy gits can forget it, you're seeing nothing but the tops of heads. You'll miss 50% of all goals scored.

2. If you're tall you will continually be told to "fuck off and stand somewhere else" by the stumpy twats behind you. Eventually you will end up in the bogs, the only place you will feel safe.

3. You will go prematurely deaf. People will forever be shouting down your earhole.

4. On the rare occasion Bolton score some fat bastards at the back will see this as an opportunity to push everyone forward. You will get seriously injured, if not killed.

5. In icey weather like today the terrace will be a death trap. If Bolton score 3000 people will fall and break something. Many will never get up.

6. Don't take anything valuable, you will get robbed about three times a game. Even if you have nothing valuable, someone will still rifle through your y-fronts. And not in a good way.

40Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 2 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Standing areas make perfect sence. Lowering the costs of tickets, creating a better atmosphere and more revenue for the club with increased attendances.

People stand at games now anyway which has its dangers. The amount of times I've had brusing on my legs because of the seat infront and nothing to hold on to, the seats are just a trip hazard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum