Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe standing at the Reebok?

+14
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
CEF
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Would you like safe standing areas at the Reebok?

Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Vote_lcap86%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 86% [ 32 ]
Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Standing areas make perfect sence. Lowering the costs of tickets, creating a better atmosphere and more revenue for the club with increased attendances.

People stand at games now anyway which has its dangers. The amount of times I've had brusing on my legs because of the seat infront and nothing to hold on to, the seats are just a trip hazard.

It won't lower costs, it will increase them if anything.

I can't see BWFC ripping out seats and creating a terrace area without clawing the cost back from the fans.

42Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:28

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There is no harm in trailing the idea? Clear one of the corners of all the seating, (the seats dont exactly get used much anyway over there). Now we will have space for 3000 or so. I bet you while you are sat there eating your prawn sarny playing on your BB the corner would be a hive of excitement and atmosphere, just how a football match should be watched.

43Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:There is no harm in trailing the idea? Clear one of the corners of all the seating, (the seats dont exactly get used much anyway over there). Now we will have space for 3000 or so. I bet you while you are sat there eating your prawn sarny playing on your BB the corner would be a hive of excitement and atmosphere, just how a football match should be watched.

Ha ha, of course. This is crazy talk, people really crave standing in the corner of a ground with a crap view, wind in their faces, being jostled by half of Bolton?

44Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:37

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There is a very good chance I won't be renewing my season ticket next season. A standing area could just turn me.

45Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Some of you are living in a dream world. Standing, for the most part, is shit:

1. All you stumpy gits can forget it, you're seeing nothing but the tops of heads. You'll miss 50% of all goals scored.

2. If you're tall you will continually be told to "fuck off and stand somewhere else" by the stumpy twats behind you. Eventually you will end up in the bogs, the only place you will feel safe.

3. You will go prematurely deaf. People will forever be shouting down your earhole.

4. On the rare occasion Bolton score some fat bastards at the back will see this as an opportunity to push everyone forward. You will get seriously injured, if not killed.

5. In icey weather like today the terrace will be a death trap. If Bolton score 3000 people will fall and break something. Many will never get up.

6. Don't take anything valuable, you will get robbed about three times a game. Even if you have nothing valuable, someone will still rifle through your y-fronts. And not in a good way.

Plenty of away fans from other clubs stand up at the reebok, United fans prime example used to pack the south stand and stand up, did you ever hear of any of their fans being killed or injured?

Of course now and again some fans will bump into the fans infront of them, this happens even when fans are sat down.

Also not sure what experiences you have had at fooball matches but i've never had my y-fronts felt during a game...sadly. Very Happy

46Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Also not sure what experiences you have had at fooball matches but i've never had my y-fronts felt during a game...sadly. Very Happy

You're about 12, I doubt you've experienced a proper Bolton terrace.

47Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 13:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WhiteBic wrote:Standing areas make perfect sence. Lowering the costs of tickets, creating a better atmosphere and more revenue for the club with increased attendances.

People stand at games now anyway which has its dangers. The amount of times I've had brusing on my legs because of the seat infront and nothing to hold on to, the seats are just a trip hazard.

I've also suffered from bruised shins, the Reeboks not too bad as they have half decent legroom... the Salford red sox ground is the worst! i actually dont know HOW you are supposed to sit down there!

I have a 'seat' in the ESL under the screen... ive had the same seat for about 6 years, not once do I ever recall actually sitting on it... and ive not been robbed yet, my hip-flask is always still there and im still alive, as are my fellow east stand lower standers...

I think the atmosphere in the rest of the ground is SHIT!

ive been in the North Lower a few times when tickets have been swapped round and its not too bad there, the rest of the ground is wank...

Ive also been in a box a few times - food was good but as far as watching the game goes - that was wank too. I've declined the offer a few times and left my dad to go in on his own with his work buddies...the terrace is the place I feel football should be watched - standing up.

48Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 14:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a highly active person yet distinctly prefer sitting down at football matches.

Standing CAN add to the atmosphere, but most of the time only adds tediousness to an already tedious affair, particularly in the last five seasons.

That said, if it makes it particularly cheaper for people to get to the game and causes a significant attendance increase, it's a big yes from me.

49Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:22

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's about time the Hillsborough families piped down on this issue. What they're coming out with now is total propaganda. They wanted a fresh enquiry for years, now they have it, they are ignoring a key part of it! Standing did NOT cause the disaster (it didn't even contribute to it!). They are seriously risking losing all their sympathy by continuing to hold back the genuine working class football fans who want to support their clubs by standing. Newly built modern Rugby stadia have old fashioned style terraces (Salford, St Helens, Warrington etc) and they have never had any problems that I've heard about. The standing areas proposed for football grounds would be even safer than them!! Also, newly built lower league football grounds have old style terraces (Burton, Morecambe etc.) Again, no problems.

It's about time we got over this MYTH that standing areas at Premier League/Championship football grounds would be dangerous. It's wouldn't be. Fact!

50Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:23

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Some of you are living in a dream world. Standing, for the most part, is shit:

1. All you stumpy gits can forget it, you're seeing nothing but the tops of heads. You'll miss 50% of all goals scored.

2. If you're tall you will continually be told to "fuck off and stand somewhere else" by the stumpy twats behind you. Eventually you will end up in the bogs, the only place you will feel safe.

3. You will go prematurely deaf. People will forever be shouting down your earhole.

4. On the rare occasion Bolton score some fat bastards at the back will see this as an opportunity to push everyone forward. You will get seriously injured, if not killed.

5. In icey weather like today the terrace will be a death trap. If Bolton score 3000 people will fall and break something. Many will never get up.

6. Don't take anything valuable, you will get robbed about three times a game. Even if you have nothing valuable, someone will still rifle through your y-fronts. And not in a good way.

Yet, none of this happens in Germany!

51Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was at a muse gig in Wolverhampton ages ago think it was 2000 and i managed to get right at the front, centre and for half the gig a fat "goth" girl behind me kicked my legs and punched my back. Every time i turned around she said "I want to stand there"

standing encourages fat goth women to resort to violence. Conclusive.

52Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

What the fuck has Germany got to do with it?

53Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:54

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sitting makes me want to get violent sometimes. Especially when a 5 year old sits behind me and kicks the back of my seat for the whole game. I don't want to hurt the kid, a kid is just a kid after all. However, the parents who clearly know they're doing it and say naff all... Grrr! You can't say nowt either because the parents usually have a lower IQ than the kids and would just give you even more crap! GRRRRR!

Standing areas or unreserved seating. One or other is needed, NOW!

(BTW, if you never lost your rag with the fat goth chick Hipster, I respect your patience!)

54Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:55

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

What the fuck has Germany got to do with it?

That's where they use the safe standing areas we're discussing! Keep up Whittam! Rolling Eyes

55Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

(BTW, if you never lost your rag with the fat goth chick Hipster, I respect your patience!)

What Hipster failed to mention was that this "fat goth" gave him his first (and only) sexual experience. So it wasn't all bad.

56Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

That's where they use the safe standing areas we're discussing! Keep up Whittam! Rolling Eyes

But that's Germany, their fans are thinner and have better breath.

57Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Sitting makes me want to get violent sometimes. Especially when a 5 year old sits behind me and kicks the back of my seat for the whole game. I don't want to hurt the kid, a kid is just a kid after all. However, the parents who clearly know they're doing it and say naff all... Grrr! You can't say nowt either because the parents usually have a lower IQ than the kids and would just give you even more crap! GRRRRR!

In one sentence: I'm scared of the 5 year old and his parents.

58Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 16:03

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:In one sentence: I'm scared of the 5 year old and his parents.

Or not a moronic chav who'd make a scene. We're not all Jeremy Kyle cases Tasha!

Natasha Whittam wrote:But that's Germany, their fans are thinner and have better breath.

I take it you've never been to Germany then! "Thinner and have better breath"!? Germans usually have big beer guts and stink of ale!

59Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:

What Hipster failed to mention was that this "fat goth" gave him his first (and only) sexual experience. So it wasn't all bad.

::dance::

60Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 3 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 17:44

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No it's unsafe.

Want a fight about it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum