Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe standing at the Reebok?

+14
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
CEF
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Would you like safe standing areas at the Reebok?

Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Vote_lcap86%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 86% [ 32 ]
Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 22:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever next ? Mind you, this might suit Natasha. Sordell looks decidedly disinterested for a start. Why would I want to pay £36 extra when I can have a pint in Scotts or Harvesters beforehand and then treat myself to a flavour free foot long Hot dog at half time ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

62Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 22:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:Standing areas make perfect sence. Lowering the costs of tickets, creating a better atmosphere and more revenue for the club with increased attendances.

People stand at games now anyway which has its dangers. The amount of times I've had brusing on my legs because of the seat infront and nothing to hold on to, the seats are just a trip hazard.

It won't lower costs, it will increase them if anything.

I can't see BWFC ripping out seats and creating a terrace area without clawing the cost back from the fans.

How does a standing "seat" mean increased ticket prices? If anhything they will be the cheapest ticket as there will be less expense!!!

63Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 22:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've sat in a corporate box at the Reebok. It was rubbish. The people there were more interested in what drink they could have with their meal.

Totally agree and not just that, most people in boxes tend to watch on average only 5% of the matches they have gone to see. They are more bothered about phone calls, general chit chat that has nothing to do with football and stuffing their faces with as much food as possible - in fact very few people in the boxes actually have an interest in football - its all about clinching the business deals and showing off!!!

64Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Wed Dec 12 2012, 23:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Natasha, when making important business calls do you take them standing up or sat down? Only asking as the best calls are tghe ones whilst standing as it projects the voice and tone much better than when sitting down.

It's a phonecall, not rocket science. I always do it sitting down.

Did you know that sitting down, you are actually smothering/surpressing your voice with the bends in your body. Standing up the voice becomes more authoritative and commanding as it is not being smothered, it also becomes much more clearer - try it!

65Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 03:15

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha your totally missing the point..

You personally wont have to go in the standing area if you don't want to, but the people who want to can, how that can be a bad thing I don't know... ?

And watching the game in a box is shit, for a start your not even near the pitch...

More informed?.. ha, most of the boxes are corporate owned.... for a start the people who get those seats are half united fans who won't pay for Old Trafford...

Ill accept that there are also a lot of total idiots in the 'standard' seats (also where all the players family and freinds sit, at the front, because they are the best seats, not in the boxes about 30m from the action), but why does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to stand? how does it affect you? if you don't want to stand get a seating ticket.

Name one footballing reason (aka, not the fact you get a nice lunch etc) that being in a box is better than the normal stands... I bet your can't

66Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 07:09

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Of course it would be better to have standing areas.

The price of a ticket would/should be less because of you could get more in (but safely).

Football used to be the sport for the working man but after Hillsborough, Thacher (who has never been to a match in her life, much to common) wanted standing done away with.

I think you would have more father/son combo's which is what's needed for future generations of fans.

67Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 07:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

How does a standing "seat" mean increased ticket prices? If anything they will be the cheapest ticket as there will be less expense!!!

So the club are going to remove the seats and create a terrace for free? And then let people in for less?

You call yourself a businessman?

68Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 07:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Name one footballing reason (aka, not the fact you get a nice lunch etc) that being in a box is better than the normal stands... I bet your can't

You are further away from the likes of Ngog, Mills, Mears etc so you don't see how really shite they are.

69Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 09:37

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How does a standing "seat" mean increased ticket prices? If anything they will be the cheapest ticket as there will be less expense!!!

So the club are going to remove the seats and create a terrace for free? And then let people in for less?

Undoubtedly standing tickets will be cheaper than normal thats part of the attraction for fans. Dortmund fans pay something like a tenner a ticket I think?

More people will be in the terraces than would of been seated I presume.

70Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 09:59

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

If you had any business nouse or any nouse of this story, to be fair, then you will realise that the plastic seats will be replaced by railings and within those railings will be seats that can be keyed into place, for "all-seater" matches!!! - as seen in the photo below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Terraces brings in more people and people do want to stand and shout at football matches. And yes terraces are cheaper to maintain, cheaper to clean, cheaper to sell, so overall costs are less. Sound business sense when costs are low!!!

You may be a snob in not wanting to do that, but that is your own thoughts and principles but the vast majority of fans do want terraces.

71Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 10:00

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

You are further away from the likes of Ngog, Mills, Mears etc so you don't see how really shite they are.
So you don't even watch any of the 6 TV's, of the match, whilst in teh box?? What a waste of money!!!

72Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 11:33

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:Standing areas make perfect sence. Lowering the costs of tickets, creating a better atmosphere and more revenue for the club with increased attendances.

People stand at games now anyway which has its dangers. The amount of times I've had brusing on my legs because of the seat infront and nothing to hold on to, the seats are just a trip hazard.

I can't see BWFC ripping out seats and creating a terrace area without clawing the cost back from the fans.

How does a standing "seat" mean increased ticket prices? If anhything they will be the cheapest ticket as there will be less expense!!!

the cost of ripping out the seats and putting in a hand rail (plus having to allow to get the ground back to 'all seater' in line with FIFA regs for certain games, if any) will cost the club more than simply not doing anything...

73Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

the cost of ripping out the seats and putting in a hand rail (plus having to allow to get the ground back to 'all seater' in line with FIFA regs for certain games, if any) will cost the club more than simply not doing anything...

Exactly. The club aren't going to do anything that costs them, especially when they could be forced to put seats back in at anytime.

It will never happen. Unless, of course, Dougie keeps reading the Owen Coyle Guide To Management and we find ourselves in the Evo-Stik league.

74Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have watched a few games in the Evo-Stick league and the North west Counties league. A good day out. Cheap admission normally £3.50, cheap beer, decent priced food. Home and away fans having a pint and a chat together with no animosity and the best of all ?? You can stand where you like!

75Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

RR - look at the picture I posted - the seats are built into the railings! Its just a matter of unlocking them for all-seater games, and then locking them up again afterwards - less hassle of ripping out and putting in for various games! Plus as the seats cannot be ripped out there will be less expense!

76Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which stadium is that Chris ? I like the design and see no reason why it couldn't work in this country.

77Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Exactly. The club aren't going to do anything that costs them, especially when they could be forced to put seats back in at anytime.

It will never happen. Unless, of course, Dougie keeps reading the Owen Coyle Guide To Management and we find ourselves in the Evo-Stik league.

You just don't get it, even after pictorial evidence, you just don't want to believe!!!!

The seats are already ther, part of the railings - just a matter of unlocking them for all-seater events and then locking them up again, afterwards. So no need to rip out and replace for various events - as its all-in-one. Talk about money-saving!

78Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Which stadium is that Chris ? I like the design and see no reason why it couldn't work in this country.
Its one of the German stadiums - not quite sure which one, but all top clubs have them in germany, and they are now being installed here in Holland.

79Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the way forward in my opinion.

80Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 4 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have watched a few games in the Evo-Stick league and the North west Counties league. A good day out. Cheap admission normally £3.50, cheap beer, decent priced food. Home and away fans having a pint and a chat together with no animosity and the best of all ?? You can stand where you like!

Tempest United?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum