Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe standing at the Reebok?

+14
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Culcheth_White
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
CEF
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Would you like safe standing areas at the Reebok?

Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Vote_lcap86%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 86% [ 32 ]
Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

the cost of ripping out the seats and putting in a hand rail (plus having to allow to get the ground back to 'all seater' in line with FIFA regs for certain games, if any) will cost the club more than simply not doing anything...

Exactly. The club aren't going to do anything that costs them, especially when they could be forced to put seats back in at anytime.

It will never happen. Unless, of course, Dougie keeps reading the Owen Coyle Guide To Management and we find ourselves in the Evo-Stik league.

You just don't get it, even after pictorial evidence, you just don't want to believe!!!!

The seats are already ther, part of the railings - just a matter of unlocking them for all-seater events and then locking them up again, afterwards. So no need to rip out and replace for various events - as its all-in-one. Talk about money-saving!

have you seen the seats at the bok?

now look again at those seats in the German ground.

they are not even close to similar - installing that kind of seating will cost serious money.

82Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

You just don't get it, even after pictorial evidence, you just don't want to believe!!!!

The seats are already ther, part of the railings - just a matter of unlocking them for all-seater events and then locking them up again, afterwards. So no need to rip out and replace for various events - as its all-in-one. Talk about money-saving!

You're an idiot. You still need to install them.

83Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I have watched a few games in the Evo-Stick league and the North west Counties league. A good day out. Cheap admission normally £3.50, cheap beer, decent priced food. Home and away fans having a pint and a chat together with no animosity and the best of all ?? You can stand where you like!

Tempest United?

Nope. Winsford, Northwich Victoria, Styal, Flixton and Altrincham.

84Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You're an idiot. You still need to install them.

I'm an idiot and thats coming from Natasha Whittam - a mobile salesman in Morecambe. A man pretending to be an international business woman!

How many times a season do you think the current seats get replaced through wear and tear, vandalism etc etc etc??? These "railings" are actually cheaper to install than the plastic seats - ADO Den Haag started installing them this season at a fraction of the cost of replacing the seats.

Its about time you read around the subject than preteding you know everything - as it is you don't!

85Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 12:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

86Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

How many times a season do you think the current seats get replaced through wear and tear

Er, never. I sat in the same seat for 4 years and it never changed. I know it was the same one because it had a particular scratch/groove on it.

87Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
I'm an idiot and thats coming from Natasha Whittam - a mobile salesman in Morecambe. A man pretending to be an international business woman!

At least you can now spell Morecambe.

88Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 14:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How many times a season do you think the current seats get replaced through wear and tear

Er, never. I sat in the same seat for 4 years and it never changed. I know it was the same one because it had a particular scratch/groove on it.

But as you keep on saying, you don't sit in the stands - you only sit in the boxes!!!

89Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 14:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

But as you keep on saying, you don't sit in the stands - you only sit in the boxes!!!

I haven't always, when the Reebok first opened I actually sat in the North Stand Lower. Amazing I know. I used to arrive home with some sort of disease every time I went.

90Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 16:26

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No further detail, please.

91Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 16:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I haven't always, when the Reebok first opened I actually sat in the North Stand Lower. Amazing I know. I used to arrive home with some sort of disease every time I went.

STD's?

92Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

John McGinlay is also in favour....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

93Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

STD's?

RR not heard of the Whittam wing at the clap clinic?

94Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

STD's?

Bullying alert. I trust the mods will step in.

95Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Sun Dec 16 2012, 10:47

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I've not been to many footballmatches in my life. But lately i've been following a team called Östers IF (went up to our top division this season) and some months ago i went to a game in their new arena - it has 10 000 seated and 2000 standing terraces.

Haven't heard of any accidents here in Sweden when it comes to standing terraces.

Last edited by inf on Sun Dec 16 2012, 10:50; edited 1 time in total

96Safe standing at the Reebok? - Page 5 Empty Re: Safe standing at the Reebok? Sun Dec 16 2012, 10:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

inf wrote:I've not been on many footballmatches in my life. But lately i've been following a team called Östers IF (went up to our top division this season) and some months ago i went to a game in their new arena - it has 10 000 seated and 2000 standing terraces.

It sounds like the way forward to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum