Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 2-1 Bolton

+22
Tigermin
Angry Dad
rammywhite
terenceanne
observer
BoltonTillIDie
WhiteBic
JonnyRandom
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
JohannesburgWanderer
Lofty_Love
Keegan
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
NickFazer
wanderlust
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Sun Feb 03 2013, 14:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

high sixes all round apparently

cheers lol! :rofl: :mixpoints:

102Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Sun Feb 03 2013, 19:28

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lt. Boon wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Can we take it Bogdan wasn't at fault for either goal ?

I've seen both goals on SSN. Bogdan was not at fault for either.

Bogdan may not have been "at fault" but the goals were save-able. A goalkeeper pulling off the odd wonder save or decent save can be the difference between 3 points and 0. Bogdan doesn't cover himself in glory by making a super save or a match winning save every month and sometimes you need someone who will. But he also makes it worse by being prone to errors and letting in things you would expect should be saved. Jussi would have saved one of the Watford goals. Maybe Lonergan would too.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

103Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 10:12

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Bogdan debate needs it's own thread. The Watford goals could have been prevented by a top keeper. I am not saying he should have saved them - just that a better keeper might have saved them.

104Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 11:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

unfortunately we dont have a top keeper.

105Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:12

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:What a brill day. Rovers go on a play-off push and Bolton get stuffed again. You sad fuckers are going down. Biggest cheer of the day at Ewood was when they announced the Watford score.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

high sixes all round apparently

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Laughing

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

106Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:42

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It seems some of our fans wont be happy until Iker Casillas joins us! To blame Adam Bogdan by saying better goalkeepers would make saves when Bogdan hasn't is just being picky IMO. Bogdan is a young goalkeeper and was in no way at fault on Saturday. I can understand it when he's failed to catch a cross or palmed the ball straight to the oppositon striker, but FYI, even the worlds best goalkeepers concede the occasional goal. Especially if they have a defense as shite as ours in front of them.

107Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 14:43

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Hater wrote:What a brill day. Rovers go on a play-off push and Bolton get stuffed again.

You're clearly on drugs.

108Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Mon Feb 04 2013, 23:14

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Are people really blaming Bogdan?..

I suppose since SKD wasn't on for long someone else must undeservedly take all blame.

I'm all for giving Lonergan a go, but that doesn't mean everything is suddenly Bogdans fault.

109Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 10:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just seen the 2 goals and not sure how you can blame Bogdan for either - the defence on the other hand......

110Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:29

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Just seen the 2 goals and not sure how you can blame Bogdan for either - the defence on the other hand......
Aaron... you saw a defense? Perhaps you should have your eyes checked out?

111Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

observer wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Just seen the 2 goals and not sure how you can blame Bogdan for either - the defence on the other hand......
Maybe defence was being kind.
I've lost count on how many times opposition players get a free run at our back 4 without being closed down and 99 times out of 100 they manage to get the shot away.

112Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
observer wrote:
Maybe defence was being kind.
I've lost count on how many times opposition players get a free run at our back 4 without being closed down and 99 times out of 100 they manage to get the shot away.
Enter Medo.

113Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

I'm all for giving Lonergan a go, but that doesn't mean everything is suddenly Bogdans fault.

It's not Bogdan's fault. He's made a few mistakes but most keepers do at some point in the season.

For me the problem is simple - he isn't that good. Lonergan showed the value of making outstanding saves during our games against Sunderland.

Bogdan is ok, but he doesn't make the brilliant saves that Branagan and then Jussi used to. It can be the difference between losing 2-1 and picking up points.

114Watford 2-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 2-1 Bolton Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If this guy is half as good as Dougie is making him out to be then he could seriously be the midfield enforcer we have been crying out for, but like many of the signings made in recent years i'm not getting my hopes up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum