Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Formation

+3
JonnyRandom
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Formation Empty New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:31

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

According to the below report in the BEN, Dougie is toying with the idea of deploying three centre backs and having wing backs to give us the width down the channels, seeing as we don’t play with out-and-out wingers anymore.

We’re also not short of options at the back with Wheater, Ream and Mills all waiting in the wings.

What do you think of this formation? Do you think it would work?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have had some success in the past with that.

Would have to see it in action.

3New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:34

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think it would brilliantly AS LONG AS players are discaplined and stick to their. Failure to this could be horrific to watch

4New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd be all fot it if Dawson and Wheats were in it but the thought of a back 3 of Knight, Mills and Ream makes me shudder in all honesty.

Ricketts and Alonso would be sound on the right and left wing back position but where would Lee and Eagles fit in?

5New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OMFG! Dougie definitely reads Nuts. When we were struggling to stop leaking goals this idea was suggested on several occasions so it seems a bit weird to look at it now that he's gone narrow and we're not conceding as many. I guess without Mavies, he's worried that we won't be pushing teams back as much, but I'd be happier if this system was drilled on the training ground for a few weeks before anything is changed.
Implies that he's got nowhere with a wide replacement so maybe the Sinclair thing has evaporated.

6New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 15:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why change a winning formation?

7New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 15:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Why change a winning formation?
I suspect he's worried about how we got pushed back when Mavies went off and is overly-concerned about his absence.

8New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 16:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I agree with wanderlusts' assessment - the winning formation only wins with the right players for the job.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 16:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I agree with wanderlusts' assessment - the winning formation only wins with the right players for the job.
Not saying that I agree - just that I suspect that it's what DF is thinking. What worries me though is that it implies that he doesn't think Holden is likely to be up for the creative job - I'd have thought he could have slotted into that naturally - certainly would have done pre-injury. And what about Vela?
Tinkering when we're winning is always a worry, and I only made the back 3 suggestion when we were desperate. Doubt much will change for tonight though, but we never can tell what he is likely to do.

10New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 16:28

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I was agreeing with you that that is most likely what our Douglas was thinking.

11New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I was agreeing with you that that is most likely what our Douglas was thinking.
I think that you were thinking that I was thinking what I thought Dougie was thinking mate.

12New Formation Empty Re: New Formation Tue Mar 05 2013, 16:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Oh - I thought you were thinking that I was thinking that you were thinking what Dougie was thinking and that you thought I was thinking you agreed with what he was thinking. That clears it all up for me.

I think...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum