Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman.

+18
observer
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
chipbutty
doffcocker
terenceanne
CAMPO
wanderlust
gloswhite
SKDArmy
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Jamster26
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sat Apr 13 2013, 20:24

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Slightly concerned by Dougie's post match comments today especially the bit where he said O'Driscoll opened up the game so it was end to end "and we went with the flow". Surely, the last thing we'd want is end to end stuff especially when we were winning? I'd have thought that he should have been focussing the team on closing down and keeping it tight - not letting the opposing manager dictate the pattern.
I just wonder whether Dougie actually realises how lucky we've been to get into this position and recognises that we have to improve substantially rather than depending on good fortune as it won't always go our way.

He probably went with the mindset that we have better attacking players so was prepared for the game to open up as we'd create chances too and by all accounts, from what I heard, Craig Davies should have scored atleast one.

42Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sat Apr 13 2013, 20:48

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:You lot are laughable.

There is one reason we are where we are, the signing of Dawson. So I'll give Dougie credit for making that loan signing, but before he signed we were no better than under Coyle.

Form players left out, Kevin Davies first name on the teamsheet, different midfield every week.

Most fans have screamed for a Sordell to start every game since August, but Dougie knew better. I truly believe he has stumbled into his current best team rather than masterminded it.

In Lonergan we have a safe pair of hands, he's let in far less than Bogdan, done nothing wrong but finds himself dropped in favour of a flapper. Madness.

Without Dawson we'd be where Blackburn are. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very much a clueless dope.
Hiya, clueless dope here,
Dawson's arrival has coincided with a more effective defensive showing, but he's no Gary Cahill, his distribution is not much better than Knight and his headed clearences could go anywhere, he is brave and lays his body on the line, but lets not get carried away, we're going to have to play the last three games without him anyway.
Since when has Sordell been fans favourite? The last few games, were he's been given a start he's been anonymous, but he is good at throwing a strop

43Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sat Apr 13 2013, 20:50

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

CAMPO wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:You lot are laughable.

There is one reason we are where we are, the signing of Dawson. So I'll give Dougie credit for making that loan signing, but before he signed we were no better than under Coyle.

Form players left out, Kevin Davies first name on the teamsheet, different midfield every week.

Most fans have screamed for a Sordell to start every game since August, but Dougie knew better. I truly believe he has stumbled into his current best team rather than masterminded it.

In Lonergan we have a safe pair of hands, he's let in far less than Bogdan, done nothing wrong but finds himself dropped in favour of a flapper. Madness.

Without Dawson we'd be where Blackburn are. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very much a clueless dope.
Hiya, clueless dope here,
Dawson's arrival has coincided with a more effective defensive showing, but he's no Gary Cahill, his distribution is not much better than Knight and his headed clearences could go anywhere, he is brave and lays his body on the line, but lets not get carried away, we're going to have to play the last three games without him anyway.
Since when has Sordell been fans favourite? The last few games, were he's been given a start he's been anonymous, but he is good at throwing a strop

Did dawsons arrival not also coincide with bogdans injury?

44Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sat Apr 13 2013, 21:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All have good points .....
Today was a good example of us riding our luck ..... own goal and a penalty. From reports we were outplayed again but got the three points..... if we lost the cry would be for Doogies head.....so credit for the win I suppose.
I'm 50/50 on the Doog at the moment..... Some daft teams have been put out .....his loans and Medo seem decent. We have to give him a couple of years to make it his team. That is only fair.

45Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sat Apr 13 2013, 21:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dawson is a good player, Medo is an unbelievable find and in recent weeks, it's been a decent watch. It's hard to work out what he was thinking in the early months - the Kevin Davies fronted 4-5-1s, 4-4-2s involving the dreaded Davies/Ngog partnership, Sordell nowhere in sight despite his cup goals, no emphasis on attacking momentum. Some of the football under Dougie has been among the worst I've seen in my days of supporting Wanderers, some of it has been very acceptable both defensively and offensively.

He has baffled and impressed me in equal measures. He might have a great career in the industry ahead of him. It's too early to tell.

46Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 02:30

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

So Spearing may be out on Tue. Pratley suspended and Holden playing for Sheffield Wed!!!

Will DF pick Boggers again (despite everyone who saw the game saying he was dreadful). Probably.

Wake-up people, Freedman is not this great manager you tell yourself he is. But he is very lucky, for now.

47Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 03:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chipbutty wrote:
So Spearing may be out on Tue. Pratley suspended and Holden playing for Sheffield Wed!!!

Will DF pick Boggers again (despite everyone who saw the game saying he was dreadful). Probably.

Wake-up people, Freedman is not this great manager you tell yourself he is. But he is very lucky, for now.
See this is what pisses me off, in Dcember we would quite happily have accepted us just staying up, luck has fuck all to do with were we are now, we are now difficult to beat, and that is down to Dougie, Lennie, and his entourage, imagine if Coyle and his goons were still here, then where would we be, you bellend, get with the programme.

48Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 03:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was a time the majority thought Owen Coyle was a tactical genius. Few dared question his thinking back in 10/11...fast-forward 6 months and nobody dared defend him.

I'm not saying I agree with CB necessarily, but how far Dougie has brought the team isn't necessarily a direct measure of his abilities. Is this spell that different to the 8 months that saw us in the top six and OC regarded the game's best young manager?

So to sum up, managers go from zero to hero and back again in no time. It's still early days to judge how Dougie will do long-term.

49Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 07:48

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Martin, you say luck has nothing to do with our position but how many times have we been second best and won.

DFs selections and tactics have been poor and will be again.
There are some poor teams in this league and BWFC with the players and set- up they have should have been in the top six (or close to it) all season.

If we go up and play against much better opposition, that will be the time for people to start saying what a great manager Freedman is (or not as the case may be). Until then I remain unconvinced but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

50Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 07:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Martin, you say luck has nothing to do with our position but how many times have we been second best and won.

DFs selections and tactics have been poor and will be again.
There are some poor teams in this league and BWFC with the players and set- up they have should have been in the top six (or close to it) all season.

If we go up and play against much better opposition, that will be the time for people to start saying what a great manager Freedman is (or not as the case may be). Until then I remain unconvinced but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

You're a WUM and a very poor one at them.

51Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 08:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People who continue to brand people WUMs should be banned, it does nothing for the site.

People have differing opinions in real life, why should it be any different on a forum?

52Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 08:58

Natasha Whittam wrote:People who continue to brand people WUMs should be banned, it does nothing for the site.

People have differing opinions in real life, why should it be any different on a forum?

Chipbutty is clearly a wind up merchant its allowed to be pointed out.

If he really believes Freedman is the most incompetent manager we've ever had then I'd question his mental state, being branded a WUM is better for him - embrace it.

53Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 09:03

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't understand the rules of the 'WUM' game.
If I disagree with someone they call me a WUM.
If they disagree with me can I call them a WUM?

Also what is the penalty for being called a WUM (If that is what I am, I don't know) and who makes the final judgement on if you are a WUM or not.

It strikes me as a childish refute to someone when you have nothing sensible to add to the debate and is easily thrown out by people who I can only assume are under 16yrs old.

54Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 09:12

doffcocker wrote:There was a time the majority thought Owen Coyle was a tactical genius. Few dared question his thinking back in 10/11...fast-forward 6 months and nobody dared defend him.

I'm not saying I agree with CB necessarily, but how far Dougie has brought the team isn't necessarily a direct measure of his abilities. Is this spell that different to the 8 months that saw us in the top six and OC regarded the game's best young manager?

So to sum up, managers go from zero to hero and back again in no time. It's still early days to judge how Dougie will do long-term.

Good point about OC's 8 month spell, you're spot on about the spells not being that different on the face of it.

I really do think Dougie will be a good manager for us though, even if we'd been mid table now I'd feel positive about him because of everything he's done off the pitch with transfers, his press conferences and youth teams. He seems an intelligent guy and he's identified a lot of the issues Coyle left us with, and seems to be solving them.

55Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 09:18

chipbutty wrote:I don't understand the rules of the 'WUM' game.
If I disagree with someone they call me a WUM.
If they disagree with me can I call them a WUM?

Also what is the penalty for being called a WUM (If that is what I am, I don't know) and who makes the final judgement on if you are a WUM or not.

It strikes me as a childish refute to someone when you have nothing sensible to add to the debate and is easily thrown out by people who I can only assume are under 16yrs old.

Freedman has to be the most incompetent manager there has been at BWFC for a very long time.

That has to be a wind up. There are other examples - like Nat, you'll invent or exaggerate things to moan about for the sake of getting a reaction.

You're welcome to call anybody you like a WUM there are no penalties, if anything Nat's loved even more for it so I wouldn't worry about it!

56Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 09:30

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I his short time with us, Freedman has proven to be a good manager. The way he has managed to turn us around is nothing short of brilliant, we're grinding out wins, something which we NEVER used to do, we're allot more solid, and we're always in games.

You can only go off the present but as far as I'm concerned, it's so far, so good.

57Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 10:11

Look at where we were when he took over, not just league position but the general feeling and quality of the first team. We were garbage, never kept a clean sheet, rarely held a lead, players looked nackered after an hour of games and constant little injuries from poor conditioning.

The fact he's sorted out the defence and the players fitness should be commended they are 2 of the biggest reasons we're where we are now.

He's letting SKD go at the end of the season, I doubt that would have been the case under Coyle and must mean he's bringing somebody in, judging by his signings for Palace and us so far whoever it is should be an improvement on what we have. The next couple of years will be successful I reckon.

58Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 11:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How ever you want to play it, we are where we are now, and we've improved since Coyle left.

Freedman deserves credit for that, even if you think he's useless.

Thats football, the suns shining one day, the next day it's pissing it down. Could go that way with Freedman, but i don't understand people who seem to be practically willing him to fail so they can get their shine on on a bloody football forum.

I support the team for a reason i want them to WIN every game, thus i want Freedman to be an unbelievable success.

59Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:i don't understand people who seem to be practically willing him to fail so they can get their shine on on a bloody football forum.

It's the only thing in my life.

60Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman. Sun Apr 14 2013, 11:55

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:i don't understand people who seem to be practically willing him to fail so they can get their shine on on a bloody football forum.

It's the only thing in my life.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum