Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman Out!

+20
White84
MartinBWFC
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Hip Priest
terenceanne
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
JAH
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Freedman Out! Empty Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 10:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or am i a little premature?
 Laughing

2Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 11:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Perhaps just a little!!

3Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 11:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not at all, there will be calls for his head if we don't win the first game because "we should be beating teams like Watford"

4Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 11:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've had nearly two years of the guy; more than enough time for people to make their minds up.

Most people will play it cool with the classic "well I'm not a fan, but I'll give him the first ten games", but if he loses the first two, virtually nobody will be behind him.

For what it's worth, I think Freedman has the capacity to prove a lot of people wrong next season, I just don't think he will.

5Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 12:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is his last chance for a bit of success - it's his final season of his contract, if we fail - his contract will not be renewed

6Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 12:48

BoltonTillIDie wrote:This is his last chance for a bit of success - it's his final season of his contract, if we fail - his contract will not be renewed
Sadly, our definition of success isn't the same as Gartside's.......

We want promotion - Gartside will be happy with finishing 14th, so long as we've got a squad whose entire wage bill doesn't exceed about four hundred quid.......

Irrespective of where we finish in the league, I can't see Freedman going anywhere unless he backs Gartside into a corner with the fans like Megson did.

7Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 12:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Or am i a little premature?

Your missus says so.

8Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With a couple of decent signings in the right areas we could compete in the top 6.

But even if Freedman had Ronaldo, Bale and Messi at his disposal he'd play them out of position or leave two of them on the bench just so he could play his favoured negative tactics.

We could compete, but we won't.

9Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 12:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And bring in who?

10Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 13:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And bring in who?

If we'd sacked the ponce in May we could have hired Alan Irvine. But because of our dithering WBA will soon be heading to the Champions League and we'll be heading to Crewe.

11Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 13:51

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we'd sacked him after the Reading game we'd have got into the playoff spots and before knobhead asks who would we have appointed, my answer would be absolutely anyone! FFS Nat could've got us promoted last year!

12Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Early favourites for his successor. 

"Jimminho" and Sammy Lee

Phil brown or Peter Reid and maybe Big Sam back!

Sleep

13Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:21

JAH wrote:If we'd sacked him after the Reading game we'd have got into the playoff spots and before knobhead asks who would we have appointed, my answer would be absolutely anyone! FFS Nat could've got us promoted last year!

Another nonsense post. Did you see our points tally after Reading? You'd expect a knew manager to come in and improve on that with those players? Laughable, your fast becoming the most deluded poster on here.

14Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be funny when freedman shuts these moaning people up. Top 2 here we come

15Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with the sentiment but it's pointless to express it again. 

Gartside is happy and by extension Eddie must be too because if they weren't the axe would have fallen long ago. DF certainly wouldn't have been given the summer transfer window to sign and offload according to his own design and our pitiful resources unless Phil and Eddie believed he was right for the job. What we think, in fact what reality shows us is irrelevant at this point. Dougie is safe in his job and will stay that way unless we get relegated. 

When Megson was finally put on "Gardening Leave" PG brought in a "popular" choice in Owen Coyle, one I supported at the time and supported almost to the end of his tenure. However given what a disaster that turned out to be in the long run I can't see Phil rushing to do that again anytime soon. Lest we forget he's picked four absolute shockers on the bounce now and a fifth would probably be enough to make even Eddie lose patience. 

As to the comment about Alan Irvine taking West Brom to the Champion's League all I can say is please can I have some of whatever it is Nat was smoking or drinking at the time. It's clearly even more mind bending than my pain pills. While I do respect the man and think he'll keep them up I really think anything above the bottom six would be an accomplishment. That said he'd probably be a good choice for us and had we brought him in before the summer I'd be quietly confident about this coming season. 

As it is I'm already more than a little worried because I don't see Dougie going anywhere but backwards and taking us with him.

16Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:36

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:It's going to be funny when freedman shuts these moaning people up. Top 2 here we come

I hope so Boggers!

17Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:40

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I agree with the sentiment but it's pointless to express it again. 

Gartside is happy and by extension Eddie must be too because if they weren't the axe would have fallen long ago. DF certainly wouldn't have been given the summer transfer window to sign and offload according to his own design and our pitiful resources unless Phil and Eddie believed he was right for the job. What we think, in fact what reality shows us is irrelevant at this point. Dougie is safe in his job and will stay that way unless we get relegated. 

When Megson was finally put on "Gardening Leave" PG brought in a "popular" choice in Owen Coyle, one I supported at the time and supported almost to the end of his tenure. However given what a disaster that turned out to be in the long run I can't see Phil rushing to do that again anytime soon. Lest we forget he's picked four absolute shockers on the bounce now and a fifth would probably be enough to make even Eddie lose patience. 

As to the comment about Alan Irvine taking West Brom to the Champion's League all I can say is please can I have some of whatever it is Nat was smoking or drinking at the time. It's clearly even more mind bending than my pain pills. While I do respect the man and think he'll keep them up I really think anything above the bottom six would be an accomplishment. That said he'd probably be a good choice for us and had we brought him in before the summer I'd be quietly confident about this coming season. 

As it is I'm already more than a little worried because I don't see Dougie going anywhere but backwards and taking us with him.

Great post Pete and hope you're doing ok now after the accident. I think I'm right in thinking that Dougie's contract is up at the end of this season, so either way this season will either see us promoted or Dougie sacked. I don't think Big Ed's patience will last another contract, but I also think that his patience will eventually run out with Gartside. Big exciting season coming up for us!

18Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:41

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If we'd sacked the ponce in May we could have hired Alan Irvine. But because of our dithering WBA will soon be heading to the Champions League and we'll be heading to Crewe.

Sacked by Preston and Sheff Wednesday, imagine by the time we dispense with Douglas he will be available again.

19Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:

Sacked by Preston and Sheff Wednesday, imagine by the time we dispense with Douglas he will be available again.

No need for sarcasm. Irvine would have taken us back to the PL.

20Freedman Out! Empty Re: Freedman Out! Thu Jun 19 2014, 14:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol! 

He turned us down before remember, why would he take the job this time!

Billy Davies has also turned us down twice in 6 months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum