Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman Out!

+20
White84
MartinBWFC
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Hip Priest
terenceanne
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
JAH
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:No, he's rarely been seen at the ground in the last couple of seasons apparently.

So him being a Bolton fan is a load of bollocks too then.

Armchair supporter.

42Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All over facebook and twitter that Freedman has been sacked, make of that what you will.

43Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't see anything myself Martin, a lot calling for his head that's for sure but nothing to say he has gone.

If he is still in charge i'm surprised no after match press conference has happened yet.

44Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Can't see anything myself Martin, a lot calling for his head that's for sure but nothing to say he has gone.

If he is still in charge i'm surprised no after match press conference has happened yet.
I'd imagine it's because ED was there today, and folks putting 2 plus 2 together, still where theres hope and all that.

45Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eddie was clapping the players off the pitch.

46Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 18:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Too true Martin, find it rather bizarre both chairman and owner would be at the game.

Unless they both had free tickets.... Very Happy

47Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 19:13

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Send forth the Guillotine Doogles head in a basket.

48Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 19:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be interesting because a lot of fans are blaming the strikers' inability to score on the manager - but the manager wasn't backed by the Chairman to buy the strikers he wanted to get in.
Presumably the owner and Chairman witnessed the folly of their decision at first hand today.
If they now turn round and sack the manager, the press are sure to pick up on it and that would be damaging for the club. Regardless of whether or not Dougie's choice of system or selection of players is popular or meets the fans' approval, the fact is that the team created enough chances to win that game comfortably so it's going to be difficult to sack him without stabbing him in the back.

The owner and Chairman may actually be happy with Dougie. Finances look like they're back on track and survival is of course the first priority. That said they have a bit of history in terms of panicking and pandering to disgruntled fans.

49Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 19:37

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not that he's had to cut wages and had no money to buy.Its his whole mind numbing football.

If we attacked teams came flying out of the traps.Why did Mavies not play,saving him for what? If the guy was on the pitch we would have took them apart.Mavies can score even if the other dummies can't.

It's shit,his whole approach.Just watched a belting match Everton 3-6 Chelsea.Two sides going for it .
I think he should be sacked on his footballing principles.

The fans who have bought season tickets and watching dire football are paying the price of another fucking season over before it's started.If people start cancelling the Direct Debit scheme for season tickets then maybe they'll fuck him off.

50Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:35

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If the fans start calling for gartsides and freedmans head he has no chance of sticking it out. If.. and it's a big if he survives till our next home game then if the fans turn at our own ground he's a gonner, just like megson was.

51Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:48

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let's give it the fuckwit then!

52Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm confident he will be sacked on Monday. Now is the perfect time to get rid. A week off and then two winnable home games to give the new man a great start.

I don't believe for one minute the board are happy with Freedman - a manager is judged on results and one look at the league table says something has to change or we are doomed. But rightly or wrongly, fan power is still the biggest reason for getting shut - and the happy clappers are losing members as every minute passes.

53Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 20:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Nat, but as some say , can the board even afford to sack him?

54Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 21:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If the club sacks him now, it poses the question "why now, not months and months ago?"

It's not like he's spent a load of money over the summer. We've surely saved more money on the players he's got rid of than we'll fork out on the ones he's brought in. The squad is just a watered down version of last season's. Did the club seriously think things were gonna improve this season?

55Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 21:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:If the club sacks him now, it poses the question "why now, not months and months ago?"

It's not like he's spent a load of money over the summer. We've surely saved more money on the players he's got rid of than we'll fork out on the ones he's brought in. The squad is just a watered down version of last season's. Did the club seriously think things were gonna improve this season?

I've changed my mindset.

56Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 21:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm confident he will be sacked on Monday. 

I was confident straight after the game but after his press conference tonight I can't see him being sacked now sadly.

I hope I am wrong because I don't think he is the man to take us forward.

57Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 22:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Freedman in!
what more could he have done today? Everyone knows that the organisation was good, we played well, attacked well, played them off the park, but failed to put it in the net...

If he gets the sack because of that then its not really fair... He has had several attempts to buy and loan strikers and has had them shut down by the board due to cost...

if the result of todays game can be blamed on anyone apart from misfortune then its the board...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

58Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 22:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:It's going to be interesting because a lot of fans are blaming the strikers' inability to score on the manager - but the manager wasn't backed by the Chairman to buy the strikers he wanted to get in.
Presumably the owner and Chairman witnessed the folly of their decision at first hand today.
If they now turn round and sack the manager, the press are sure to pick up on it and that would be damaging for the club. Regardless of whether or not Dougie's choice of system or selection of players is popular or meets the fans' approval, the fact is that the team created enough chances to win that game comfortably so it's going to be difficult to sack him without stabbing him in the back.

The owner and Chairman may actually be happy with Dougie. Finances look like they're back on track and survival is of course the first priority. That said they have a bit of history in terms of panicking and pandering to disgruntled fans.
We very rarely agree... however, I've always said gartside is the main issue here. Best post I've read all day.

59Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sat Aug 30 2014, 22:42

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Biggie wrote:Freedman in!
what more could he have done today? Everyone knows that the organisation was good, we played well, attacked well, played them off the park, but failed to put it in the net...

If he gets the sack because of that then its not really fair... He has had several attempts to buy and loan strikers and has had them shut down by the board due to cost...

if the result of todays game can be blamed on anyone apart from misfortune then its the board...

Trying to work out whether this is sarcasm or downright delusion.. we're heading for the worse start in our history. I disagree that you have to have the finances to be successful in this league, there are teams going up year in year out, who go up because of a decent manager organising his team correctly. Dougie has been a catastrophic failure in the transfer market, there isn't one player except posisbly danns i'd keep from his transfers. The quicker this fool is out the club the better.

60Freedman Out! - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedman Out! Sun Aug 31 2014, 00:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Doug has been trying to get strikers in though. It is not his fault that we didn't sign Juke, Ibe, Triallist dude we had in Norway, Clayton etc. Two other strikers he has been trying to get on loan and has been jerked around by the parent clubs - not his fault. They let him get Mason who he clearly thinks quite highly of, but Mason was not up for it today and we are desperately short on options. If you give a man a job without the tools to do the job, you can hardly blame him for not doing it. That said, I think he could have managed our meager resources better than he has - we don't need 8 midfielders when we have so few strikers. The board needs to put up or fcuk off.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum