Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle is named Wigan manager!

+24
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
xmiles
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Jamster26
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
scottjames30
doffcocker
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet just now from Ladbrokes -

Things are eerily quiet around the Wigan managerial vacancy. Owen Coyle and Steve McClaren joint 3/1 Favs.

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:03; edited 1 time in total

2Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's like choosing between a date with Kerry Katona and Susan Boyle.

3Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Coyle gets it, I want revenge on the utter tosser.

4Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Latest odds -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:56

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can see Mike Phelan and Phil Neville getting it. He's got a good track record choosing managers has Whealo, shrewd fella, on that basis we should rule Coyle out.

6Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Whelan will take into account that Coyle being ex-Bolton has the potential to count against him.

7Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 21:59

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:It's like choosing between a date with Kerry Katona and Susan Boyle.

Tough choice, both completely barking as well as rough as a bears arse, would probably go for Boyle as at least she can sing a bit and won't eat all the contents of the fridge.

8Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 22:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:It's like choosing between a date with Kerry Katona and Susan Boyle.

Laughing

9Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Tue Jun 11 2013, 22:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McLaren was quite successful in Holland and he has bags of international experience so I would see him as the favourite.

10Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 06:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't mind Kerry Katona.

11Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 11:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Coyle couldn't get a job in League one with Wolves I can't really see Whealen picking him to try and get them into the prem....he only has to look at what happened with us last season to convince him.

12Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 12:04

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Seems like some people on here just can't let go of Coyle. Maybe they are affraid that if he gets the Wigan job and a Chairman who actually gives him some backing he will be successful.

13Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 12:45

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think what Coyle has proven both in his times at Burnley and Bolton, is that things go well in his first season or so, then things slowly start to go decline. As a short term fix to get Wigan back into the Premier League, I think it would be a good appointment. But as a long term appointment, I don't think he has the right coaching staff (presumably it will be the same guys he was with at Burnley and us), in order to build a team for the long-term.

14Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 13:03

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coyle's a fraud! Whelan will only have himself to blame, If he employs the inept Scot and any of his totally clueless back room team.

15Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Seems like some people on here just can't let go of Coyle. Maybe they are affraid that if he gets the Wigan job and a Chairman who actually gives him some backing he will be successful.

I'm beginning to tire of your rubbish. Hipster has gone quiet, it wouldn't surprise me if you are the same person.

Coyle had plenty of backing, but he wasted it on Ngog, Sordell and a whole host of others, not forgetting a new contract for Knight.

How many players did Coyle sign that were a success, and how many are worth more today than they were then? Not many is your answer.

16Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 14:15

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
waynagain wrote:Seems like some people on here just can't let go of Coyle. Maybe they are affraid that if he gets the Wigan job and a Chairman who actually gives him some backing he will be successful.

I'm beginning to tire of your rubbish. Hipster has gone quiet, it wouldn't surprise me if you are the same person.

Coyle had plenty of backing, but he wasted it on Ngog, Sordell and a whole host of others, not forgetting a new contract for Knight.

How many players did Coyle sign that were a success, and how many are worth more today than they were then? Not many is your answer.

The problem is that people can't let things go because you are affraid he might be a success somewhere else then you'll feel a bit stupid. It's almost personal with some, maybe you came home and caught him banging your mum? Is Gartside your 'sugar daddy'?
Give it another year and will you be doing the same thing with Freedman? Probably!!!

17Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 14:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

waynagain wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

The problem is that people can't let things go because you are affraid he might be a success somewhere else then you'll feel a bit stupid. It's almost personal with some, maybe you came home and caught him banging your mum? Is Gartside your 'sugar daddy'?
Give it another year and will you be doing the same thing with Freedman? Probably!!!

She started with Freedman before the ink was dry on his contract, but Coyle and success hardly go hand in hand, his teams get found out very quickly, and with Wigan having a minimum of 50 odd games next season their fitness levels for a small squad will need to be top notch, and with Coyle in charge that is unlikely to be the case.

18Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 16:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle signed Gregg Wylde ,he was on 15k a week sat on a bench at Bury.

19Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 16:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Coyle signed Gregg Wylde ,he was on 15k a week sat on a bench at Bury.

There's no way on earth Wylde was on £15k a week. Tell him Shirley.

20Coyle is named Wigan manager! Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Wed Jun 12 2013, 17:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What reception would you all give him if he came back to the Reebok with Wigan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum