Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle is named Wigan manager!

+24
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
xmiles
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Jamster26
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
scottjames30
doffcocker
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Come on now fellas we had enough arguing going on when coyle was here, lets not start another slanging match.

In other news....

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan says he is close to appointing a new manager. 

McClaren, 52, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in February while Coyle, 46, has been out of work since he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]r.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 17:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I would go out of my way to give him shit.

I'd wait for their coach to arrive , then when he gets off i'd give it to him , big.

How could you do that while your hiding behind your computer. Your a little man who thinks he can hide his femininity behind threats of violence. Time for you to come out of the closet.

Breakdown Laughing

43Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle gambled with our club. He had to change things around and get the money under control which he did, but it was a huge gamble and he tried to change the club very quickly - too quickly. I suspect the plan was to cut the wage bill, bring in young players to develop and try to hang on in the prem until stability was restored. He nearly pulled it off, but with such a thin squad left he couldn't replace the players he had put his money on to keep us up like when Holden was injured. We got relegated by the narrowest of margins, but the fact is we got relegated and he had to take responsibility. 
If we'd hung on to our prem status, we'd have just had another season struggling, but at least we'd have had the extra cash to build with. I don't think we'll ever know if his longer term plan would have worked as he fell at the first hurdle. What is for sure is that if it had worked and we built on survival, we'd probably be able to look forward to supporting one of the most entertaining and attack-minded teams to have graced the prem. Coyle's departure left a lot of questions unanswered but no matter how much you may dislike him, I'm sure you would agree that his proposed playing style made for exciting football - at both ends of the park.

If he ever gets another job, I'll be watching his progress with interest.

44Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think you are being far too kind to Coyle. I don't dislike him as a person but he had a number of massive limitations as a manger. Sluffy has summed these up on many occasions and I agree with his analysis. The fact that Coyle hasn't been offered another job despite being "the best I've ever been as a manager" (or whatever he said exactly) shows that other clubs are unimpressed as well.

45Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I think you are being far too kind to Coyle. I don't dislike him as a person but he had a number of massive limitations as a manger. Sluffy has summed these up on many occasions and I agree with his analysis. The fact that Coyle hasn't been offered another job despite being "the best I've ever been as a manager" (or whatever he said exactly) shows that other clubs are unimpressed as well.
Who would employ a gambler who just lost big time?

46Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:57

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He was too stubborn in his ways. Great when things were going well, but he had no idea how to stop our decline. He needs better backroom staff.

47Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree that the "best manager I've ever been" bollocks is tiresome, but you can see the point he's making. Despite the worst 18 months of his career, he's still the same manager that some of the top clubs wanted back in 10/11, and who many people (probably a fair few on this thread) once raved about. He didn't just become a bad manager overnight. He was limited all along, people just turned a blind eye while results were positive. It's only a matter of time before he gets another job because that's the way the industry works. Managers fail and fail and fail and still find work.

48Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

According to Sky Sports, their sources say Coyle is Wigan's new manager! Laughing

49Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wigan are to name former Bolton boss Owen Coyle as their new manager, Sky sources understand.

Coyle has been out of work since he was sacked by Bolton in October and will replace Roberto Martinez, who left to join Everton following the Latics' relegation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol!

50Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whelan's always right! Top appointment!!

51Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish him well, apart from when we play them.

52Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll do alright at first, Martinez has left him with a decent squad. But when he has to buy players the Wigan fans will see the real Owen Coyle.

53Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:59

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whelan's lost the plot, Coyle must have come really cheap.

54Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 12:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This will be a disaster of an appointment mark my words.

He may have a decent start but it will end badly.....again.

55Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe we will see how OC's long term strategy works out after all? He won't be hampered by having to get rid of high earners so he should be able to impose his attacking style from the off. Should be interesting.

56Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 12:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wonder if Coyle will sign BKD on a free? I hope he comes back in for some of the dross he left us with.

57Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:02

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good luck Owen

58Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hopefully he needs two centre back and a right back, thats Mills, Ream, and Mears future sorted.

59Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hopefully he needs two centre back and a right back, thats Mills, Ream, and Mears future sorted.

60Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 3 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:34

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Please Owen come and take El Prat,you signed the wanker once why not again ???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum