Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle is named Wigan manager!

+24
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
xmiles
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Jamster26
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
scottjames30
doffcocker
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 13:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Told you hipster

62Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is good news purely on the basis that he might try to sign some of the crap he dumped on us.

63Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope he fails - badly. 

Il never forgive him for making the 'rot' get worse - I think if he was sacked earlier, we would have won  automatic promotion back to the prem.

64Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he was sacked early enough we may have still been a premier league outfit. 

One of, if not the worst manager we have ever had IMO.

65Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:If he was sacked early enough we may have still been a premier league outfit. 

One of, if not the worst manager we have ever had IMO.He's far from being the worst Aaron

66Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hate people for being hostile, obnoxious, callous etc. Not solely for being incompetent. The two bring about completely different emotions towards a person for me.

So I'd actively want him to do well if it wasn't a rival club he was managing.

67Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 14:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

^^ 

il be honest, I still hate Gary Smegson more...

68Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 15:03

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hear Hear RR. nobody will ever surpass Megson,ginger T--T.

69Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 15:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers is the mole .

70Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I hate people for being hostile, obnoxious, callous etc.

Says the man who slagged Kevin Davies off at every opportunity, even when he'd done ok.

71Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 16:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder whether he'll bring the rest of his circus in too ?

72Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 16:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I wonder whether he'll bring the rest of his circus in too ?
Will you boo?

73Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 17:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle set target of getting Wigan back into the prem within 2 years. Whelan reckons they need 8 or 9 more players. "If anyone can get us back in the prem it's Owen" This will be interesting.

74Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 17:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see how he does at Wigan. 
It is funny just how contrasting the jobs he did at Bolton and Burnley were. At Burnley he looked like being the next Mourinho. At Bolton he looked like being the next Carlton Palmer.

75Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 17:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's doing the North West tour.

76Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 18:35

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck to Owen, he will get enough time at Wigan to prove his worth one way or another. I understand the bad feeling towards him on here and he didn't do enough to change things when it was going wrong either through lack of experience or lack of balls or lack of talent or a combination of all of these. Either way, if he learned from it he deserves another chance, plenty of others have had them.

77Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 18:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you think he'll have a plan B this time ?

78Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 18:45

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:Do you think he'll have a plan B this time ?

If he doesn't then he is a muppet.

79Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 18:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have confirmed the appointment of Owen Coyle as their new manager.

Coyle, who was sacked by Bolton in October, is understood to have signed an incentivised 12-month rolling contract to succeed Roberto Martinez.
A statement on Wigan's website read: "Wigan Athletic are delighted to confirm the appointment of new manager Owen Coyle.

"Following discussions with the club on Friday afternoon, the 46-year-old has now agreed terms to become the 37th manager of the club and begins work immediately."
Former England boss Steve McClaren was a frontrunner for the job but chairman Dave Whelan has opted for the experience of a man who secured promotion from the Championship with Burnley in 2009.

Speaking to Sky Sports News before official confirmation came, Whelan said: "We've agreed in principle a deal with Owen. We're just talking to his agent at the moment about getting it finalised.
"He's done it all before by taking Burnley to the Premier League. He didn't have quite the same success at Bolton but sometimes these things go against you.

"I've got to say of all the candidates to apply I thought he was the best.
"Steve was a very, very good candidate. It was a very difficult choice between three or four who applied - there were over 40 applicants."
Wigan midfielder James McArthur reacted favourably to the news before it was official, writing on Twitter: "Happy with the new appointment in Owen Coyle, another Scot. Hopefully everyone can get behind him and the team for new season."
Coyle's priority will be to secure an immediate return to the top flight but he will also have Europa League football to contend with for the first time in the club's history.

His first competitive match in charge will be Wigan's Championship opener on 3 August, though a Wembley date against Manchester United in the Community Shield follows on 11 August.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

80Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Fri 14 Jun - 18:48

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Might lose 5-0 at Wembley again. That wouldn't go down well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum