Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle is named Wigan manager!

+24
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Reebok_Rebel
Tigermin
xmiles
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Jamster26
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
scottjames30
doffcocker
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Gregg Wylde, toss up between Wigan and Aberdeen Laughing

102Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if he will come poaching at Bolton? Mears, he can have without reservation. Ream maybe?

103Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he does, he can stay away from Eagles though.

104Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he needs about nine or ten players. He can have Mills, Mears and Andrews as far as I am concerned.

105Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sat Jun 15 2013, 19:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andrews, another one stealing a living, I forgot about him.

106Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if Ali Al-Habsi will be welcoming Coyle with open arms?

107Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 16 2013, 11:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wonder if Ali Al-Habsi will be welcoming Coyle with open arms?

Probably- he welcomed most stikers in the Prem that way last season

108Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And yet the year before, the Wigan fans voted him as their Player of the Season.

109Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 16 2013, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I wonder if Ali Al-Habsi will be welcoming Coyle with open arms?

Probably- he welcomed most stikers in the Prem that way last season

It's true. He made a load of howlers last season which is probably why he is now second choice at Wigan.

110Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was talking to a Wigan ST Holder yesterday and I asked him what he thought about getting Coyle. He stated he would much rather have had Steve McClaren in charge but he thinks whelan went for the cheaper option with Coyle. I asked him about the Wigan backroom staff and he said that they were all staying put.

Just reading through the dailies I came across this piece from The People: " Wigan boss Owen Coyle is bringing in sidekick Sandy Stewart and Phil Hughes for his new backroom team.

Coyle has gaps to fill on his staff and will make long-term pal Stewart his No.2 and Irishman Hughes his goalkeeping coach.

Coyle will also move for former England keeper Scott Carson who is at Turkish side Bursaspor."

No mention of whether Coyle will be bringing in his own kit man but Ali Al Habsi may be on his way.

111Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 23 2013, 18:41

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What's happening with that Steve Davis, the so called defensive coach we had. Surely Coyle isn't keeping that prick is he?

112Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Sun Jun 23 2013, 19:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's taking sandy stewart and Steve Davis with him Very Happy

113Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan boss Owen Coyle is targeting a minimum of six new signings to bolster his squad, while also challenging his youngsters to step up.

The Latics squad is set for an overhaul following relegation from the Premier League, as well as former manager Roberto Matinez's departure from the club.

With the likes of Maynor Figueroa and Franco Di Santo having already left the club and speculation linking players such as Arouna Kone away, Coyle knows he needs to strengthen for the campaign ahead.

He has also challenged players like 20-year-old Fraser Fyvie, who made eight league and cup appearances last term following his purchase from Aberdeen, to step up.

"There's no doubt that we need a minimum of six players, just to replace the players who have already left."
Owen Coyle
He told the Wigan Evening Post: "There's no doubt that we need a minimum of six players, just to replace the players who have already left.

"We also have one or two younger players coming through who will supplement the squad, players like Fraser Fyvie, and they will get their opportunity to show what they can do in pre-season."

114Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 14:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kone wants to join Martinez at Everton. A £6 million offer opens up his release clause.

115Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 14:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Worth it as well!!

116Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:00

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Seems that there is more interest on here with Coyle than Freedman.

117Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:Seems that there is more interest on here with Coyle than Freedman.

Freedman is dull, Coyle makes me laugh.

118Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:04

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
waynagain wrote:Seems that there is more interest on here with Coyle than Freedman.

Will you still be laughing if Wigan finish above Bolton?

119Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think that Coyle has walked into a no-win situation. Looks like the better players want out and in asking the youngsters to step up, it would seem that the chequebook is not as forthcoming as it once was. We'll see what happens in the transfer window, but I have a sneaking feeling that OC is going to have to rebuild which as with us, won't be popular with the fans who are expecting to go straight back up. I don't think they will.

120Coyle is named Wigan manager! - Page 6 Empty Re: Coyle is named Wigan manager! Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:

Yes, it isn't life and death.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum