Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckford

+14
terenceanne
Culcheth_White
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
wanderlust
Norpig
Triumph
BoltonTillIDie
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Sun Jul 14 2013, 20:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He's the fave at 5-1 I think

Jesus, that is a decent price tbh. I might have a dabble myself.

62Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Sun Jul 14 2013, 20:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sadly if Rovers do keep hold of Rhodes and sort the mess out off the pitch for a few months I can't see them being that far off the play offs.

Hopefully someone (us hopefully) can take Rhodes off them and they won't have a chance of promotion.

63Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Sun Jul 14 2013, 20:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Sadly if Rovers do keep hold of Rhodes and sort the mess out off the pitch for a few months I can't see them being that far off the play offs.

Hopefully someone (us hopefully) can take Rhodes off them and they won't have a chance of promotion.

I think Rhodes will be the only reason why they survive in the Championship next season. They would have gone down last year if it wasn't for his goals.

64Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Mon Jul 15 2013, 05:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you see Rhodes goals last season? They were entirely dependent on the service he got. The way we were set up our strikers didn't get half as many clear cut chances.

65Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Mon Jul 15 2013, 07:04

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This Beckford saga has gone on too long, can't wait for it to be all sorted

66Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Wed Jul 17 2013, 08:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DOUGIE Freedman would be happy to see Jermaine Beckford's move from Leicester City costing Wanderers a packet.

The Jamaica international striker will be unveiled at the Reebok tomorrow after weeks of negotiations between the two clubs.

Freedman revealed that the deal will involve a small up front fee – but could escalate in cost if the former Leeds United and Everton man helps Wanderers into the Premier League with a hatful of goals.

“Jermaine's deal was done as of about three hours ago, so in the morning it will be announced,” Freedman said. “We've all worked very hard – even Leicester, to be fair – coming to a deal.

“We feel it's a good deal for the football club. He's a proven goalscorer, I know his character well and the deal is done on a performance-basis.

“For the deal we've got it's an absolute no-brainer for this football club for where we are right now.

“There is a very small fee involved up front but it's tied in with promotion and how many goals he scores – that's how Leicester will get their money. So if we benefit then Leicester benefit and that's why it has taken a little bit longer.

“I think Phil Gartside has done very well in making sure this deal went well for the football club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

67Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Wed Jul 17 2013, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder if the 2 criteria are linked or separate?
E.g. do we pay Leicester a shedload if we get promoted but Beckford scores 3 all season?
Or Beckford scores 15 and we don't get promoted?
For me it would be an "absolute no-brainer" if, and only if both criteria were met.

68Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Wed Jul 17 2013, 12:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or maybe we only pay if he scores 2 goals with his right foot and one with his head but less if he completes 30 passes in one game and 65 passes in October.

69Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Fri Jul 19 2013, 11:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Beckfords first interview with bwfc, seems to be very happy at working with Dougie again:-

70Beckford  - Page 4 Empty Re: Beckford Fri Jul 19 2013, 12:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that fake?

Beckford was only mentioned to sell season tickets.

so it must be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum