Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eagles off in January?

+22
wessy
CAMPO
NickFazer
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Mo
observer
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
terenceanne
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which ever way you look at it, If the club didn't want to pay the number 17 aka goal machine's wages, Eagles has no chance.

42Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:tbh Eagles has had his day, if we can get a little bit for him when he's on his way down is really good business .

There are loads of young players 'more hungrier and as good' as Eagles so he won't be missed imo.

Put it this way, i'd rather see Mavies, Medo, Pratley, Feeney and Danns name on the team-sheet before pretty-boys.
This is exactly what we did with Klasnic.

"Oh we can do much better than the lazy goalscoring wanker" everyone on here said.

Sordell, Beckford, Craig Davies, Kevin Davies & Ngog have scored 12 league goals BETWEEN THEM since Klasnic was let go 18 MONTHS AGO.

Do you see my point? You shouldn't get rid of your leading goalscorer until you have a guaranteed replacement.
Why do you keep coming back to Klasnic despite losing the argument every time?

You only take his side because he wasn't a regular starter. You do this with them all. I wonder what you were writing when he finally got his chance and went 8 starts without a goal.

"Klasnic has been found out as a useless ponce"?

43Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:36

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Somehow, I couldn't see Klasnic being very useful in Dougie's prefered 4-2-3-1 formation, he could score alright, but he wouldn't have been suited to this particular formation.

44Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:04

Letting Klasnic go was a no brainer, he was 31,  on big money - which I doubt he'd have been willing to cut and didn't put in the required effort for a Bolton striker. By that I mean we need strikers who can put themselves about a bit, and be able to play up front alone. With a good partner he would have been useful a few years ago as his interplay and touch were good as was his finishing. But he was always a luxury player, somebody to bring off the bench if we needed a goal.

45Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm surprised some people on here actually wouldn't be too concerned about eagles leaving, he is probably the most creative player we have IMO. A player who can offer you that something different, creates and scores goals....how can you say we won't miss him?

It seems to me that Dougie is so desperate to free up funds that he is willing to sell one of our most creative players which is just fucking madness. Although if he does want to leave and is unwilling to sign a new deal then obviously sell him but if he does want to stay then dougie wants fucking shooting for wanting to sell him.

46Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want Eagles to go - but if Dougie feels it for the best of the club, then so be it.

47Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 18:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there's no guarantee that Eagles would stay even if we offered him a new contract, he may be planning to run it down and leave on a free. I wouldn't want him to go but if we get a decent offer in January and there is no sign of him re-signing he would be let go.

48Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:23

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My view is that Dougie needed to freshen things up and Lee and Eagles have found themselves benched, if either are arsed about staying / regaining their places then they need to up their game as Feeney and Danns have done well so far. Lee may get a move away and IMO he needs to go in any case but Eagles may regret leaving Bolton, there are plenty that thought they could do better elsewhere and come unstuck.

49Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lee could learn a few things from Feeney on how to cross a fucking ball and get it crossed on the first time of asking instead of messing around with it.

50Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Lee could learn a few things from Feeney on how to cross a fucking ball and get it crossed on the first time of asking instead of messing around with it.
That's always been one of Lee's weaknesses. It's the same with corners. Half the time he can't beat the first man.

51Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Exactly, it's amazing he chose to become a winger if he can't cross a bloody ball plus he can't hit a ball hard enough to ever trouble the goalkeeper.

52Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 19:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree but I will never forget Chungy scoring the winner at Birmingham in the FA Cup quarter final. If he does leave us then I wish him all the best.

53Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 20:09

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Don't want to lose Eagles, unless Dougie has a better winger in mind,
a MR ZAHA on loan, perhaps!! 

Needs games - would start every game with us

Reunited with his uncle Dougie!

54Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 21:31

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Eagles for me is number one on the team sheet, the only fit Bolton player who can unlock a defence and score a special goal, stupid move if any truth. not convinced it's correct sounds like bullshit to be honest.

55Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Eagles for me is number one on the team sheet, the only fit Bolton player who can unlock a defence and score a special goal, stupid move if any truth. not convinced it's correct sounds like bullshit to be honest.
Half of the stuff that Nixon has come out with has never come to fruition. I'll believe it when January comes and I read about his transfer in the Huffington Post.

56Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 23:53

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm surprised some people on here actually wouldn't be too concerned about eagles leaving, he is probably the most creative player we have IMO. A player who can offer you that something different, creates and scores goals....how can you say we won't miss him?

Spot on this. I'd be amazed if dougie wants to offload Eagles. I'd sell the other players mentioned without a second thought but we're struggling for creativity as it is so there's no way I'd want to see Eagles leave. As I've said numerous times already this week I think if you swap Eagles for Pratley in the teams we put out at Blackpool and Brum we could really go places.

57Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Wed Oct 09 2013, 03:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He can go for all I care. He may be one of our better players but is totally overrated and delivers far less than we need of 'our best player'. If he is as good as it gets then we need an almighty shake-up. With the amount of off target shots he has, there is little wonder he was our highest scorer last season. That didn't do us much good so maybe it's time to give someone else the opportunity or at least attempt to share the chances among others.

As Wanderers, we're diseased with hope. Hope that Eagles will become the player he has never been. Hope that Mark Davies will deliver for more than 15 minutes every other game. Hope that Beckford finds the form he had for half a season almost 3 years ago.
Sorry, but I don't believe it's coming in the shape of any of these players.

58Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Wed Oct 09 2013, 08:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:He can go for all I care. He may be one of our better players but is totally overrated and delivers far less than we need of 'our best player'.
This is a crazy argument. You admit he's one of our better players but want rid because he doesn't make the most of his possession?

Are you high?

Replacing Eagles with someone else doesn't mean that person will get in the same positions as Eagles, or the goals will be "shared around".

And surely if he's one of our best players we should start by getting rid of all the ponces that are considered worse than Eagles?

59Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Wed Oct 09 2013, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe it's something to do with the system? Dougie set up the team very narrow before Feeney came along and we didn't have out and out wingers as such. Neither CYL or Eagles could be considered to be proper wingers anyway and neither was used as a winger, both predictably electing to move inside when they get the ball wide - which brought us no success as a team.
Now Dougie seems to prefer playing with wide men - or at least giving it a shot whilst Feeney is with us and Hall (who is much more like a traditional winger) is a contender for a spot.
So if Dougie is sticking with 2 holding midfielders and uses 2 wide men that only leaves 2 other slots in the middle (probably a striker and a number 10 playing off him)
We have more strikers than sense ATM and the number 10 slot would probably go to Mavies, Holden, Moritz or even Vela depending on who's fit.
So maybe Dougie thinks that if Eagles and CYL can't play as a winger and wouldn't be first choice as a number 10 why keep them given they are on decent wages which limits his options in the transfer market?

Just a theory.

60Eagles off in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Wed Oct 09 2013, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could be right Wander. Eagles can play in midfield or on the wing so I would rather keep him than see him go.It all depends if anyone shows an interest in him come January.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum