Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eagles off in January?

+22
wessy
CAMPO
NickFazer
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Mo
observer
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
terenceanne
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Wed Oct 09 2013, 23:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think there will be plenty of interest in Eagles if the club decide to cash in. I wouldn't sell him, we wouldn't replace him,the money would go straight to Eddie's pocket.

62Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Thu Oct 10 2013, 07:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hip Priest wrote:I think there will be plenty of interest in Eagles if the club decide to cash in. I wouldn't sell him, we wouldn't replace him,the money would go straight to Eddie's pocket.
Perhaps the money that bought him and has paid his wages came out of Eddie's pocket in the first place

63Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Fri Oct 11 2013, 00:33

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's a fair comment but I only care about Bolton Wanderers. I don't give a sh1t about Eddie Davies. Eddie's not done too badly out of loaning money to BWFC. Where else could he get an interest rate return of 10%pa on his investment these days.

64Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Fri Oct 11 2013, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another thought is that maybe this is just Dougie running the idea up the flagpole to see who salutes? I definitely thought that there was an air of complacency about some of the senior players during the early part of the season and when things didn't go our way they looked miffed - but not enough to put their heart and soul into making improvements.
So Dougie drops Knight and brings in a few new faces on short-term loans. That seems to have had an effect.
Maybe by showing that nobody is sacrosanct he's just cranking up the pressure on the senior players to compete for their places?
A good strategy especially if we get some serious interest in the senior players as that would open the door to a bit of wheeling and dealing.

65Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Fri Oct 11 2013, 23:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just managed to stop myself laughing about Eagles being our best player. Do you mean that idle, non tackling, erratic under performing individual who costs us even more goals than Knightmare? The one that gives the ball away frequently, never tracks back, sulks if the ball doesn't come to him and gets one shot in ten on target. oh yes that's the one. If we can get anything for him do it and sign someone worth the White shirt. Eagles is a total waste of space and if he really is considered our best then God help us, it just shows how far we've fallen.

66Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 07:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Eagles is our best player, infact it's time for him to go, I'd rather play the young lads than that ' I'm too good to defend but does my hair look good Eagles', he loses the ball but won't run back .

67Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 12:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Come on guys at this level Eagles would get in any championship team, he is the one player that can score and make things happen. Its about balance not every player needs to be able to hit row z and tackle for England, he offers something creative, so do we want all our flair players to walk.

You can say the very same thing With Mavies except he delivers much less than Eagles, an abundance of talent but rarely delivers (Agree with you Nat)at least Eagles gets on the score sheet. We are slowly replacing all the class with mediocrity until we morph into a championship squad.

Just to spoil it Klasnic on the other hand what a lazy bastard he was, used to drive me nuts, was he a goal machine 12 in 50 not bad but not worthy of all this praise granted at the top level, just didn't really inspire me.

68Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 12:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha you're praising Eagles but slating one of the best finishers in Europe, don't forget Klasnic was banging them in , in the premier league not the chumpionship , my god we do have some crazy fans.

69Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 19:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thats nonsense Wessy, very few Championship clubs would put up with Eagles performing in 1 in 5. I don't expect him to hard tackle but I do expect him to at least look like he's trying when he loses the ball, which he does more than most. On his day he's as good as anyone but sadly he doesn't have many of those days. We need someone who is more consistent and reliable than that if we're going to get back where we need to be.
wessy wrote:Come on guys at this level Eagles would get in any championship team, he is the one player that can score and make things happen. Its about balance not every player needs to be able to hit row z and tackle for England, he offers something creative, so do we want all our flair players to walk.

You can say the very same thing With Mavies except he delivers much less than Eagles, an abundance of talent but rarely delivers (Agree with you Nat)at least Eagles gets on the score sheet. We are slowly replacing all the class with mediocrity until we morph into a championship squad.

Just to spoil it Klasnic on the other hand what a lazy bastard he was, used to drive me nuts, was he a goal machine 12 in 50 not bad but not worthy of all this praise granted at the top level, just didn't really inspire me.

70Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 21:26

If we're looking to play quick counter attacking football then I think both Eagles and Lee have had their day, they're just not that type of player. Both prefer to cut inside and are far less direct than Feeney. 

Eagles can be very effective at this level but I don't see him as an impact player he needs to have a run of games and 'faith' shown in him to get going. If we can't offer him that we won't get the best out of him. 

If he knows that, he'll probably want to leave. Cashing in is probably the best course of action if any of that is true.

71Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 21:48

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Eagles, N'Gog & Chungy are up for the chop in January. :drinks:

72Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 22:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'll be glad to see the back of N'gog, I still have arguments with some fans on how shit he is. Some still seem to think he will come good.

73Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:01

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:Come on guys at this level Eagles would get in any championship team, he is the one player that can score and make things happen. Its about balance not every player needs to be able to hit row z and tackle for England, he offers something creative, so do we want all our flair players to walk.

Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.

74Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:53

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Scott:  Klasnic one of the best strikers in Europe? Ha bloody Ha (you started it)what planet are you on.
He had one Kidney and sat on our bench week in week out, Why because his overhaul impact on the team was negligible yes he was good in the box but the rest of his game was lacking (shite), and if you read my post i said "granted at the top level" ? we do have some crazy fans? if the cap fits. ? He scores 1 in 3.5 Hardly the best.

As for talking nonsense (Whitesince63) Re Eagles "very few clubs in the Championship would have him. How do you know this? its just your opinion that's fine, whilst mine is most championship clubs would snatch your hand off.
Why are we hell bent on taking the flair out of the squad, now i will tell you what is nonsense, thinking we can replace Eagles on our budget. with who?  Just for the record he was top scorer with 12 goals last season. and created 12 assists (from midfield) and we should let him go. If that makes me crazy fine.

75Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13 2013, 00:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Scott:  Klasnic one of the best strikers in Europe? Ha bloody Ha (you started it)what planet are you on.
He had one Kidney and sat on our bench week in week out, Why because his overhaul impact on the team was negligible yes he was good in the box but the rest of his game was lacking (shite), and if you read my post i said "granted at the top level" ? we do have some crazy fans? if the cap fits. ? He scores 1 in 3.5 Hardly the best.

As for talking nonsense (Whitesince63) Re Eagles "very few clubs in the Championship would have him. How do you know this? its just your opinion that's fine, whilst mine is most championship clubs would snatch your hand off.
Why are we hell bent on taking the flair out of the squad, now i will tell you what is nonsense, thinking we can replace Eagles on our budget. with who?  Just for the record he was top scorer with 12 goals last season. and created 12 assists (from midfield) and we should let him go. If that makes me crazy fine.
Good post.

76Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13 2013, 00:21

wessy wrote:Scott:  Klasnic one of the best strikers in Europe? Ha bloody Ha (you started it)what planet are you on.

Think you're spot on with most of this Wessy (especially about Klasnic). But I don't think the aim is to remove all the flair from the squad, if Eagles is to be dropped it may be due to a belief (possibly a misguided one) that we can add a different type of player who will help us be more of a threat as a team - despite probably not being as talented a player as Eagles in many respects. 

For instance I doubt Feeney is half the player Eagles is in terms of technique and skill, but he has pace to burn and a good work rate, potentially making him more effective at this level.

It's complete speculation at this point anyway, Feeney could easily be a flash in the pan and there's no plans to let Eagles go. Just a theory on what the thinking behind it could be.

77Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Eagles Sun Oct 13 2013, 01:12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he wants to stay then great offer a new deal and get it done before New Year. 

If he doesn't want to stay then this is a moot discussion and blaming the club or manager for letting him go is uselessly foolish. In this day and age the players and agents hold all the cards and the clubs have very little say in what happens if any.

Personally I think he's a cracking player on his day but his consistency is questionable and so is his work rate especially when things don't go his way. He reminds me of a player that Bruce described back in the white hot days. "He scores great goals but he's not a great goalscorer." I appreciate that Eagles is primarily a winger and therefore shouldn't be expected to get twenty or more a season like an out and out forward but the analogy holds true. When Eagles plays to his best he's spectacular but we don't see enough of it to call him truly great in the long run. He's a player who lacks self motivation when things go wrong but when they go right he's awesome and I suspect that with our strongest midfield with Mavies and Holden fully fit he would be a great asset but in a midfield that's weakened by injuries or under pressure from the opposition he has a tendency to go missing too much for my liking. He's what I'd call a champagne player but this is a beer division and he needs to realise that he has to work hard in every game not just the ones where he feels good.

78Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13 2013, 01:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What you've got to understand Wessy is that Scott has an outrageous hard on for Klasnic, despite the continued evidence that we were a better team without him in it.

He and Natasha are obsessed.

79Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13 2013, 09:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: He scores 1 in 3.5 Hardly the best.

Name me any striker currently playing in the top two divisions that we could realistically afford i.e. would cost next to nothing with a better goal ratio of 1 every 3.5 games.

I'll give you until the end of the day.

You also have to remember Klasnic was sub for the majority of his appearances and was playing in the PL, that 1 in 3.5 games is actually pretty good. I suspect his goal ratio to minutes on the pitch is up there with almost anyone.

80Eagles off in January? - Page 4 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13 2013, 09:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
What you've got to understand Wessy is that Scott has an outrageous hard on for Klasnic, despite the continued evidence that we were a better team without him in it.

He and Natasha are obsessed.
We had a prolific striker that hit the target. Granted, he wasn't much use outside the box, but he did score goals which is still the aim of the game I believe.

Unfortunately we had Owen Coyle in charge, a manager who fits players into his tactics, rather than basing the tactics around the players you have. Just like Uncle Dougie.

A decent manager would have picked Klasnic every week, he'd have scored 20 goals, and we'd still be in the PL.

But don't tell me, Ngog's 3 goals were more use because he did a bit of holding the ball up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum