Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eagles off in January?

+22
wessy
CAMPO
NickFazer
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Mo
observer
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
terenceanne
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What utter guff.

I'd like to keep him, but I'm taking the pragmatic view. The club needs to rebuild and if he's a casualty i won't be crying about it. It's funny to me seeing the same people who called Eagles "lightweight" and "shit" last season saying he's our best player now.

and, again, if it allows us to bring in younger, motivated players, i don't see why thats a bad thing.

we could even bring in more dogshit experience like Danns or McNaughton.

22Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Right, so these younger players you speak of, are they going to be better than Eagles or are they going to disappear to the young player graveyard that BWFC have created?

23Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha Hipster, you now just take the opposite view to me, regardless of what I say.
The thing is that you frequently take the opposite view to yourself.

24Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Proof?

25Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Right, so these younger players you speak of, are they going to be better than Eagles or are they going to disappear to the young player graveyard that BWFC have created?
Who knows? That's what makes it exciting.
One thing is certain - they won't cost as much.

26Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Proof?
About 50% ABV.

27Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Right, so these younger players you speak of, are they going to be better than Eagles or are they going to disappear to the young player graveyard that BWFC have created?
I'm afraid you have to ask the question, is Eagles going to be the man to fire us up the league. Or would the money be better spent bolstering a position or two of need.

Everyone will have their own view.

28Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:10

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Well m kinda hope that we can be keepin eagles Becase his pur most exiting player for sur.

29Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If eagles doesn't want to be here then he must leave, simple. We wouldn't miss him, especially with Davies coming back

30Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:21

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Boggersbelief wrote:If eagles doesn't want to be here then he must leave, simple. We wouldn't miss him, especially with Davies coming back
But who is bin sayin he Doan want to be at Bolton anymor?

31Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His performances tell you that mo

32Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:If eagles doesn't want to be here then he must leave, simple. We wouldn't miss him, especially with Davies coming back
Again, laughable.

Our leading scorer and people want rid? And Mark Davies is going to replace him? Mr good-game-in-ten, two goals a season Mark Davies?

33Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 15:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's a tricky one.

He's a massive attacking threat at this level. This idea that there's several matches where he does nothing useful for every one where he creates something is bollocks. He's frequently the driving force of our attacking moves. He shoots a lot but seldom where there was a better option open to him.
The area he comes up shortest in is dedication. Too often he neglects to put a foot in where it's necessary and within his reach.

He could only be sold for a pittance if his contract is up in the summer so it's all dependent on what he's on. You wouldn't think a player that was bought from the Championship as back up for CYL would be on good PL money, but you don't know with Owen Coyle.

34Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 16:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Again, laughable.

Our leading scorer and people want rid? And Mark Davies is going to replace him? Mr good-game-in-ten, two goals a season Mark Davies?
Absolute bollocks.

Pratley is our leading scorer. Mark Davies is a better all round player who before his injury was bringing consistency into his game, he scored 5 or 6 last year and played a lot less than eagles.

35Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 16:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eagles is a powderpuff lightweight. He missed at least three games last season with chapped lips.

36Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 16:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

tbh Eagles has had his day, if we can get a little bit for him when he's on his way down is really good business .

There are loads of young players 'more hungrier and as good' as Eagles so he won't be missed imo.

Put it this way, i'd rather see Mavies, Medo, Pratley, Feeney and Danns name on the team-sheet before pretty-boys.

37Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:tbh Eagles has had his day, if we can get a little bit for him when he's on his way down is really good business .

There are loads of young players 'more hungrier and as good' as Eagles so he won't be missed imo.

Put it this way, i'd rather see Mavies, Medo, Pratley, Feeney and Danns name on the team-sheet before pretty-boys.
This is exactly what we did with Klasnic.

"Oh we can do much better than the lazy goalscoring wanker" everyone on here said.

Sordell, Beckford, Craig Davies, Kevin Davies & Ngog have scored 12 league goals BETWEEN THEM since Klasnic was let go 18 MONTHS AGO.

Do you see my point? You shouldn't get rid of your leading goalscorer until you have a guaranteed replacement.

38Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:24

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Boggersbelief wrote:His performances tell you that mo
Bloggers that is what I am sayin.

39Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic was feared around Europe , i don't think Eagles comes under the same category , apparently Klasnic went for abusing Coyle , told him what he thought of him, or told the truth .

40Eagles off in January? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Tue Oct 08 2013, 17:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He went because his contract was up and the club didn't want to pay his wages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum