Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eagles off in January?

+22
wessy
CAMPO
NickFazer
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Mo
observer
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
terenceanne
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Eagles off in January? - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:57 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
A decent manager would have picked Klasnic every week, he'd have scored 20 goals, and we'd still be in the PL.
Let me take you through a piece of the 2011-2012 season.

26 November 2011 Bolton Wanderers 0 – 2 Everton
Klasnic starts, doesn't score.

3 December 2011 Tottenham Hotspur 3 – 0 Bolton Wanderers

10 December 2011 Bolton Wanderers 1 – 2 Aston Villa

17 December 2011 Fulham 2 – 0 Bolton Wanderers

20 December 2011 Blackburn Rovers 1 – 2 Bolton Wanderers

26 December 2011 Bolton Wanderers 0 – 2 Newcastle United

31 December 2011 Bolton Wanderers 1 – 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Now, I don't deny that all strikers suffer droughts (I've discounted him a match at West Brom at the start of this run where he scored a penalty), but here I have two problems.

1 ) We're talking about a player where the sole justification of his being in the side was him being a goalscorer. That means that when he didn't score, and we've established that this was often the case, it was a place in the side wasted. Tantamount to starting with 10 men, some might say.
2 ) Can you seriously make assumptions like the 20 goal claim about a player that scored with this irregularity? I should add that he started a further two games that season and didn't score in those either.

82Eagles off in January? - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To be honest i have been dragged into the Klasnic argument (my fault) i think the guy was top drawer in terms of finishing, however he was on the bench because in the EPL you can't play with ten men, he was a luxury that you may get away with in a decent side, but a struggling side never i think Coyle had a point.(Sorry Nat) we just disagree on this guy he used to watch as much of the game as i did. I agree with Doffcocker was typing whilst he posted.

This was an Eagles thread and i think i have said my piece on him.

83Eagles off in January? - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 pm

We were never going to get the best out of Klasnic playing the system we were and alongside Kevin Davies.

Not saying we should have dropped Davies as for most of Klasnic's time at the club he was still worthy of a place in the line up, but Klasnic needed more balls on the deck in and around the penalty area. He literally needed the ball put on a plate for him to score as he wasn't the sort of striker who makes chances for himself.

84Eagles off in January? - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe people are slating a goal scorer 1 in 3 in the premier league was great, put lets just keep preserving with Ngog hey, laughable.

85Eagles off in January? - Page 5 Empty Re: Eagles off in January? Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:29 pm

scottjames30 wrote:I can't believe people are slating a goal scorer 1 in 3 in the premier league was great, put lets just keep preserving with Ngog hey, laughable.
Have you been on the sauce?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum