Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reflections of better days

+8
Sluffy
boltonbonce
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I miss Youri Djorkaeff!

22Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jay Jay was good but nowhere near as consistent as Peter Nicholson!Very Happy

23Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:Jay Jay was good but nowhere near as consistent as Peter Nicholson!Very Happy
Yes Peter was consistent but since there are three ladies in my living room who can see the screen I won't say what he was consistent at. Laughing

24Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Jay Jay was good but nowhere near as consistent as Peter Nicholson!Very Happy
Yes Peter was consistent but since there are three ladies in my living room who can see the screen I won't say what he was consistent at. Laughing
Very Happy

Nichenbauer!  Wink 

25Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I miss Youri Djorkaeff!
Who doesn't Culketh. A truly class act who came to us in order to try and get himself in the French squad for World Cup 2002 and then stayed even after he'd done that. I take nothing away from him, Bobic, Curcic or the rest of the amazing players who came to us in Big Sam's peak days. Ivan Campo is another I will always think was a superstar as well. It's just that Jay jay had an X-factor (nothing to do with Cowell) and there was just an extra buzz about when he was on form and showboating that made him the most exciting player I've seen in our shirt. He might not have been the very BEST we ever had (I think he was but admit it's debatable against the likes of hierro and campo and others) but for me he was the most enjoyable and entertaining.

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

26Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Very Happy

Nichenbauer!  Wink 
More like NichenImmodium mate. Wink

27Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He might not have been the very BEST we ever had (I think he was but admit it's debatable against the likes of hierro and campo and others) but for me he was the most enjoyable and entertaining.
The most entertaining player we had was Eidur Gudjohnsen, closely followed by the trio of Frandsen, Jensen and Johansen. When those guys were on form, playing short sharp passes, it was a joy to watch.

28Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:He might not have been the very BEST we ever had (I think he was but admit it's debatable against the likes of hierro and campo and others) but for me he was the most enjoyable and entertaining.
The most entertaining player we had was Eidur Gudjohnsen, closely followed by the trio of Frandsen, Jensen and Johansen. When those guys were on form, playing short sharp passes, it was a joy to watch.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I loved watching them myself but I disagree with you.

29Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:40

Stig Tofting.

End of discussion.

30Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Stig Tofting.

End of discussion.
Didn't he get another job? Some say he went to a pokey motoring show on BBC2, others that he became the President of Iceland, all we know is he's called .... Wink

31Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He became a body double for Phil Mitchell

32Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:He became a body double for Phil Mitchell
Laughing

33Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 22:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll always remember this fella. He was bonkers.

34Reflections of better days - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections of better days Mon Nov 11 2013, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stig was the Lawnmower. Not a full biscuit in the Julian Dicks kind of style but entertaining to watch. Sasa was another who lived on another planet but was blessed with that touch of brilliance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum