Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 0-1 Bolton

+23
Banks of the Croal
wessy
Culcheth_White
observer
Sluffy
Weststandupper
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Angry Dad
Whitesince63
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
kennster
MartinBWFC
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:51

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:We needed loan players, the team just wasn't performing. Had he done nothing we probably wouldn't have seen an improvement in results and you'd be saying he should be sacked for doing nothing.

If there was a long term plan some of this "young talent" that Dougie goes on about would have been blooded by now.
He's been in charge one year, that is in no way 'long term'. If none of that talent is blooded in 3 years then your claim may have some substance, but the fact Hall and Odelusi are in and around the first team proves what you're saying is rubbish. Both Wilkinson/White need time to develop as players, time most fans would not afford them in our first team so loan them out (which is something we rarely did with our youth players before) and develop them elsewhere, that's just good management.

92Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i must have missed that single post Wink

93Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No I give my opinion Norpig which often supports Dougie because I think he's right, but I also say when I think he's making mistakes i.e. negativity.

If it makes you fall asleep then don't read it. But it's nice to see you now agree with me.
 why did you feel the need to edit your post and add that smug opinionated last line? You hate not having the last word don't you. I bet you are really popular at work aren't you? Bellend

94Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:03

Realised I'd left off the most important part, so I added it on. Don't cry about it.

95Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

zzzzzzzzz :lazy:  fuck off keyboard warrior

96Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:07

Keyboard warrior? You're the only one throwing around insults and acting a big man Norpig. 

I just don't understand why you always moan about having to read a different opinion, and then end up agreeing with me. So I thought I'd highlight that.

Take a break for a bit and try not to let the forum get to you so much.

97Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the reason i come on here is to read different opinions thats why its a forum, i just don't like you and your i'm never wrong attitude. As for taking a break that would be my decision not yours but thanks for the concern

And to put the record straight that was the first and only time we will ever agree on anything I suspect.

98Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:20

Norpig wrote:the reason i come on here is to read different opinions thats why its a forum, 
But your actions contradict this moaning about being bored when me and Whites get into a debate? As I've said many times, if you find it boring don't read it. 

You may not like me and my opinions, but I don't see the need for telling me 'fuck off' and a 'bellend', acting a big man on a forum gets you nowhere.

99Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets just agree to disagree, i'm losing the will to live!

100Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 22:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Player Ratings

WANDERERS

(4-2-3-1)

ANDY LONERGAN 6 Kept his concentration despite being a bystander for most of the game. Made one decent stop in the second half from Forestieri.

KEVIN MCNAUGHTON 8 Injury, what injury? Hardly put a foot wrong on the right side of defence against a tricky customer in Pudil.

*MATT MILLS 8 Won everything in the air and kept things simple in possession. The beard is clearly working wonder for the big centre-half.

TIM REAM 7 Defended sensibly in the latter stages when Watford tried to turn the screw. Such an important outlet in possession too.

ALEX BAPTISTE 8 Just when his manager is discussing bringing in competition, Baptiste produced possibly his most impressive outing at left-back.

MEDO KAMARA 7 Had to stay disciplined to maintain the team shape that won the day in the end. Made some important blocks in the first half.

JAY SPEARING 7 Outstanding defensively – putting his body on the line on several occasions – but a handful of errant passes cost him a mark.

CHUNG-YONG LEE 7 No signs of fatigue despite international duty. The Korean winger picked up where he left off to work hard in the wide positions.

DARREN PRATLEY 7 A surprise inclusion, perhaps, but when you need that physical presence in the middle, Pratley is definitely the man.

NEIL DANNS 8 Struck such a great balance between his defensive work and asking questions of Watford going forward. Continues to look busy.

JERMAINE BECKFORD7 Snapped up the one chance that fell his way but otherwise it was another afternoon of hard running and making himself a nuisance.

Subs: Moritz 75 (for Pratley) – Showed a couple of nice touches 6

Ngog 85 (for Beckford) – Worked hard to see the game out 6

Not used: Lee-Barrett, Eagles, Hall, Knight, Wheater.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

101Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Sun Nov 24 2013, 23:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:

I wasn't trying to score clever points, just pointing out that some on here NEVER see any positives, take a look above since my first point, there the ones trying and failing to be clever. Yes we could have been dragged into a dogfight, that would have happened if we continually sack managers before they have had a decent chance.
So the way to be successful is to back managers forever? Wow, imagine where we'd be if we'd given Coyle another couple of years - League 1 perhaps?

The key to success is to know the difference between a manager developing a long term plan and a manager making it up as he goes along.

The fact we have had so many loan players this season puts Freedman firmly in the latter camp.
Show me were i said we should back a manager for ever? i said give them a decent chance, stability is preferable to constant change with no thought behind it. Guessing Nat that if the manager laid out his long term plan in triplicate, you still would be unhappy. I bet you still moaned when we had Sam's dream team.

102Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 00:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

See, this is where most Bolton fans fall down, Dougie will never be flavour of the month because of his negativity, he tried the gung-ho method at the start, it failed, he tried percentage football, it failed, he then reverted to type and went for containment, he's succesful, and all of a sudden some folk slag him off because someday soon we may lose, the signing of players like White, Hall, Wilkinson, coupled with Clough, Youngs, Kellet, will bear fruit in the not too distant future, and it will have cost us next to nowt, compare that to Allardyce, Megson, Coyle(clueless fucker) and you can see Dougies masterplan, I for one like it

103Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 13:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Obviously this unbeaten run we are on is a good thing... can't complain about that.  Common sense tells you that allowing the other team to have most of the ball will nobble us in the end.  So next in the turnaround is having the midfield and strikers hold the ball better.  How do you do that? .....I have no idea.  Next up is Boro ....we can play the same way against them I would think.....so I expect more of the same.

104Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: I bet you still moaned when we had Sam's dream team.
Yes, because there was no long term plan. I saw our demise long before Fatty & Fatty.

105Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 15:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Obviously this unbeaten run we are on is a good thing... can't complain about that.  Common sense tells you that allowing the other team to have most of the ball will nobble us in the end.  So next in the turnaround is having the midfield and strikers hold the ball better.  How do you do that? .....I have no idea.  Next up is Boro ....we can play the same way against them I would think.....so I expect more of the same.
Good point, well made. I think that the player ratings were generous given that we couldn't keep the ball or stop it coming back when we got it away. That said, I think the system didn't help - or rather required much better forward & midfield players to ease the pressure on that defensively-focused system i.e. players who could get the ball and hold it up when they were isolated up front.

106Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 16:20

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm hoping once mark Davies returns he  will relieve the pressure on the team as he can score goals go past a man which causes defenders to bring him down.He is a different kind of midfielder as he has true class,gets busy around the oppositions penalty area and I can see him sending some slide rule passes  to Beckford.Wanderers will be a much improved team with Mavies back.

107Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:I'm hoping once mark Davies returns he  will relieve the pressure on the team as he can score goals go past a man which causes defenders to bring him down.He is a different kind of midfielder as he has true class,gets busy around the oppositions penalty area and I can see him sending some slide rule passes  to Beckford.Wanderers will be a much improved team with Mavies back.
He's also anonymous for 95% of most matches.

108Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 18:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DARREN PRATLEY 7 A surprise inclusion, perhaps, but when you need that physical presence in the middle, Pratley is definitely the man.

When TigerMin reads this he will be tearing his hair out.

109Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 18:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote: I bet you still moaned when we had Sam's dream team.
Yes, because there was no long term plan. I saw our demise long before Fatty & Fatty.
Nat your good value but you wouldn't know a long term plan if it bit you on the arse.

Long term try this Gartside gave him a 10 year contract, Sam stayed for 8.
He brought through planning, a state of the arts training ground, was at the forefront of sports science. He had the nouse to realise we needed quality, he begged, borrowed or stole to get the likes of JJ and Youri on board.

He kept us in the top half by having systems that upset the big guys, he planned statistically with all the new gismos.

He progressed the club and the team by making us respected. a cup final, a semi final, two European campaigns. yet you have the gall to say he had no long term plan? this i guess is based on the fact that he only brought Nolan and Hunt through from the academy.

You saw F all coming, what came was the eventual decline that all clubs suffer. You talk sense you talk shite but this is pure shite.

110Watford 0-1 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Watford 0-1 Bolton Mon Nov 25 2013, 18:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 seconds: Watford

Bolton chalked up their third consecutive away victory at the weekend, with Jermaine Beckford's goal following a Manuel Almunia error proving decisive at Vicarage Road.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum