Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer holidays advice?

+13
Soul Kitchen
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
bryan458
scottjames30
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
gloswhite
Sluffy
kennster
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 14 2014, 20:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Been 5 times RT, not one for returning but the place has a special draw about for some reason!?

http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/eindex640x480.php

42Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 14 2014, 20:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As well as Stoupa they also recommend Parga. Not been to either yet.

43Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 14 2014, 20:55

Parga's fantastic.

It's relatively unspoilt and still retains a bit of the fishing-village vibe.

One of the best places I've ever stayed in.

44Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 14 2014, 21:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Breaders, that's another one for my bucket list.

45Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 14 2014, 22:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Went to Parga in 2011 for the second time, first being in '92. Excellent resort, quite unspoiled but a bit hectic in August I believe.
Been all over Greece over the years and can name places that didn't float my boat as well as those that did. I find the Greeks a very friendly bunch, if somewhat laid back. At least they take your money off you with a smile, unlike some nationalities that just grunt!!

46Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 17 2014, 19:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Went to Parga in 2011 for the second time, first being in '92. Excellent resort, quite unspoiled but a bit hectic in August I believe.
Been all over Greece over the years and can name places that didn't float my boat as well as those that did. I find the Greeks a very friendly bunch, if somewhat laid back. At least they take your money off you with a smile, unlike some nationalities that just grunt!!

Couldn't agree more. I have done quite a few Greek Islands over the years. They are all different but all the same if that makes any sense!

47Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 17 2014, 19:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anyone is contemplating going abroad this summer then may I suggest giving Malaysian Airlines the swerve. They are having a bad time of it of late.

48Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 17 2014, 19:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:If anyone is contemplating going abroad this summer then may I suggest giving Malaysian Airlines the swerve. They are having a bad time of it of late.
I agree, absolutely shocking what has just happened!!!

2 plane crashes now in 3 months.

49Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a great opportunity for Blatter to pull the plug on the World Cup being held in Russia in 2018.

50Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Thu Jul 17 2014, 20:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Even before I read Banksy's reply above, I was going to say Florida too.

People may think it is a bit corny but the weather is wonderful (outside tornado season!), the kids and Mrs will love it and you will end up enjoying it yourself too.

The theme parks, and water parks are exceptionally clean and well run and everybody are happy wherever you go.

It will set you back a few grand but if you think of it as a once in a life time holiday, it is well worth the cost (so much so that I've actually done it three times now!).

There's other great stuff to do away from the theme parks such as Daytona (if you like motor racing), Cape Canaveral (if you like space ships), the beaches (you can sail with dolphins if you like) plus NBA Baskett Ball -Orlando Magic, NFL Football - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NHL Ice Hockey - Tampa Bay Lightening and NBA Baseball Tampa Bay Rays all within a couple of hours drive away.  

There's even the Tampa Bay Rowdies if you wanted to watch a proper footy match!

To be honest even with all that lot the kids and Mrs still just wanted to stay in Disney and the other parks.

The highlight of the lot was swimming with Dolphins - everybody loved that.

As I say it is quite expensive but well worth it imo.

And if you miss the British football, whilst it is still in season, there are quite a few British themed bars - at least one just off I-Drive, and a mate of mine actually owns Cricks-52 just outside St Petersburg (near Busch Gardens - well "near" by US standards!)

51Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 28 2014, 22:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking to go down to Dawlish in Devon for a week early September by train.

Anyone reckon it's a good price for 2 people from Bolton return for £121.70?

52Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 28 2014, 22:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Use the trainline - don't they offer good prices when booked in advance

53Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 28 2014, 22:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Use the trainline - don't they offer good prices when booked in advance

I got my price from there plus with using one of those 2 together rail cards.

The only trouble is these tickets have 4 changes each way and are supposed to be advance tickets.  Mad

54Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 28 2014, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BTID is right to suggest you shop around but yes even if you take the price you've got it seems reasonable to me, as you would probably spend that and more just on petrol to drive there and back.

Have a great time when you go - don't forget to bring us all some rock back!

55Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Mon Jul 28 2014, 23:36

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We don't want your type in Devon, go to fecking Cornwall you infestation you.

Na your ok KP your 70 miles away from me  Very Happy

56Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Tue Jul 29 2014, 12:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:We don't want your type in Devon, go to fecking Cornwall you infestation you.

Na your ok KP your 70 miles away from me  Very Happy

Cheer Magoo  Rolling Eyes

Do you think it will be warm enough for a swim in the sea the first week of September?

It must be over 15 years since I last visited Dawlish! Smile

BTW where have you been hiding for the last few days?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Jul 29 2014, 12:58; edited 1 time in total

57Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Tue Jul 29 2014, 12:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:BTID is right to suggest you shop around but yes even if you take the price you've got it seems reasonable to me, as you would probably spend that and more just on petrol to drive there and back.

Have a great time when you go - don't forget to bring us all some rock back!
Thanks Sluffy, although you have more chance of getting some clotted cream  Shocked   :biggrin:

58Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Tue Jul 29 2014, 13:04

Does Warren still live in Dawlish?

59Summer holidays advice? - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer holidays advice? Tue Jul 29 2014, 13:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Does Warren still live in Dawlish?
Didn't he move round the corner? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum