Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You'd Have To Be Dim To Vote Anything But Tory

+16
Boggersbelief
wessy
Chairmanda
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Jake McHale
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
scottjames30
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Unbelievable to me that anyone would vote Labour, a record of abject failure in every sense of word but it's ok everyone, Ed's apologised! (from his gold encrusted town house in London) It woz dave what did it! 

A very sad state of affairs, pathetic leader, absolutely no political talent what so ever, no policies of any note, lying self aggrandising careerists dominate their Scottish "branch." Shame because I had a lot of respect for David Miliband and James Purnell, the only genuinely engaging people they've had for a century. 

Voting Labour is like a disease, especially in Scotland, Labour will do well here no matter what the polls say because people will go into the booth and start sweating and shaking and thinking "aye but I support Rangers..." or "aye but ma dad and his dad and his dad...." Utter cretins.

Not sure how you can accuse Miliband of having no policies, what would you call the cap on energy prices or the mansion tax or the 50p tax rate?
Lies.

Lies like ruling out a rise in VAT?

Boy George said there'd be no rise last time, it meant fuck all when it went up!
They want your vote now and when the tories are in it will mean fuck all.
AD you may love them, but up North some can see right through the odious twats.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I did the quiz on today's BBC website: 100+ questions on the parties' policies (not personalities!) which lead to conclusions about which party most closely represents my views.

The findings for me were: 1. Labour   2. Liberal Democrat    3. Green.....  all very close on about the same percentage.....which is what I would have expected.

But the interesting thing for me was my percentage score judged against Tory policy:......minus 1%!!!

Amazing how many of you are avoiding the question.

Economy one of the best in Europe, unemployment down, interest rates lowest rate ever, inflation lowest rate ever.

THESE ARE FACTS.

Why would you vote to put a stop to that?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You'll need to substantiate your facts rather than just claim it's true. The IFS seem to cast doubt on what your heroes claim.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:You'll need to substantiate your facts rather than just claim it's  true. The IFS seem to cast doubt on what your heroes claim.

So you dispute the economy is growing?

You dispute interest rates and inflation are at record lows?

You dispute unemployment has fallen massively under the Tories?

You need to get out more you bellend.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd Have To Be Dim To Vote Anything But Tory - Page 3 1972457_780037878673456_1167532036_n

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

The 50p tax doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me but do I think it's fair for the government to take half of someones earnings? Not really. 

Do I think a mansion tax is fair? No I don't, taxing the shit out of people who are rich isn't going to make my life or any low or middle earners better off, and if they can someone wrangle together a figure to show it would it would be something like £50 a year, which is nothing. 

These policies would just lead to rich people finding new ways to "evade" tax, or fucking off abroad and taking their business interests with them, people who probably provide a lot of jobs for this country too. 

No one has all the answers obviously but these "policies" aren't appealing to me, but clearly they are to you and I respect that. Politics will always divide people strongly.

Hipster there are a couple of points where I think you have misconceptions.

1. A 50% tax rate would only kick in on incomes over at least £150,000 so that is hardly taking half of anyone's income

2. A mansion tax is not going to "tax the shit" out of anyone. The amounts involved are a drop in the ocean for people who live in mansions.

3. Actually getting rich people to pay their fair share of tax would benefit this country enormously. The simple fact is that most rich people pay little or no tax at the moment. It is a complete myth that they would move abroad if they had to pay some tax. The easiest way to collect some tax from rich bastards (apart from a mansion tax) is to abolish the non-dom rule. This is a uniquely British tax loophole that enables people like Lord Rothermere (owner of the Daily Mail) to avoid paying taxes by pretending they are not domiciled in the UK. This is despite the fact that he was born in this country and lives in this country. This loophole is why so many Russian and other foreign nationals live here and pay little or no tax.

There is no trickle down effect - the money flows up as the rich get richer and the rest of us get screwed!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I understand them all fully, I understand the tax bands, I'm more interested in the benefits. For every person and "expert" who would take your view above there's another who would take the opposite. 

I simply don't think these policies will produce the kind of results necessary to address the problems we have in this country. 

again, I'm sure many people do like them It's just not for me, I want to see some innovation and some inspiration.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

again, I'm sure many people do like them It's just not for me, I want to see some innovation and some inspiration.

As do I, but I genuinely don't see any innovation from the Tories.

There's also more to politics than the economy, across education, healthcare and foreign policy the Tories have been disastrous IMO.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

That's got cock all to do with Central Government and the MP's at Westminster, so what's your point?

scratch

The Tories are squeezing local councils because they realise they need to cut the wasters.
Should start at the top then...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you have to look beyond the personalities of Cameron and Miliband and actually focus on the principles the two parties stand for.

As I see it, the choice is simple. If you vote Labour then the NHS is likely to remain pretty much intact but income tax will rise for all working people. I think the figure bandied about is £14 per week ( £56 per month ). I can live with that.
If you vote Tory there will probably be no raise in income tax but further austerity measures will be rubber stamped which will affect the working class rather than the middle and upper class. The hardest hit are going to be the disabled and those on benefits. ( Arguably the most needy in society). Parts of the NHS are likely to be hived off to the Private sector and public sector services like the Police, Fire Brigade and Armed Forces are also likely to face further cuts. If as the Tories suggest, that the country is on the up and we have the fastest growing economy in Europe, why then do we need further austerity measures?
For me the choice is simple. Labour messed up the economy last time so they should hopefully have learnt from their mistakes.
Labour for me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever happens, it's gonna be fun watching UKIP crash and burn.
Because they will.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
foreign policy the Tories have been disastrous IMO.

It was Labour that took us to war, the Tories that scaled it right back.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think you have to look beyond the personalities of Cameron and Miliband and actually focus on the principles the two parties stand for.

As I see it, the choice is simple. If you vote Labour then the NHS is likely to remain pretty much intact but income tax will rise for all working people. I think the figure bandied about is £14 per week ( £56 per month ). I can live with that.
If you vote Tory there will probably be no raise in income tax but further austerity measures will be rubber stamped which will affect the working class rather than the middle and upper class. The hardest hit are going to be the disabled and those on benefits. ( Arguably the most needy in society). Parts of the NHS are likely to be hived off to the Private sector and public sector services like the Police, Fire Brigade and Armed Forces are also likely to face further cuts. If as the Tories suggest, that the country is on the up and we have the fastest growing economy in Europe, why then do we need further austerity measures?
For me the choice is simple. Labour messed up the economy last time so they should hopefully have learnt from their mistakes.
Labour for me.
at last the voice of reason, well said RT  :clap:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: Labour messed up the economy last time so they should hopefully have learnt from their mistakes.
Labour for me.

So where is the proof that they have learnt their lesson?

I've not seen any apology from Labour about how they handled things last time they were in power. Chances are they will do the same things again.

So once again you are voting on a MAYBE.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote: Labour messed up the economy last time so they should hopefully have learnt from their mistakes.
Labour for me.

So where is the proof that they have learnt their lesson?

I've not seen any apology from Labour about how they handled things last time they were in power. Chances are they will do the same things again.

So once again you are voting on a MAYBE.

It's impossible to vote on ABSOLUTES because each of the parties is using their own set of figures to argue / counter argue each other's points and dispute the facts.

According to Labour commissioned studies, the economy's fucked and it's all down to the Tories. (And they've got graphs and bar charts and everything to back it up.)

So all we can do is vote from our own personal experience and beliefs.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets all take two steps back, what a great idea, mastermind.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So like Scott to be a calming influence. Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

It's impossible to vote on ABSOLUTES because each of the parties is using their own set of figures to argue / counter argue each other's points and dispute the facts.

The Tory absolute is out there for all to see - their record over the last 5 years.

Of course they've made some tough decisions that have hurt some people but we're now seeing the fruits of their policies - a big drop in unemployment and growth in the economy.

The only absolute with Labour is they fucked up last time they were in.

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think you have to look beyond the personalities of Cameron and Miliband and actually focus on the principles the two parties stand for.

Labour for me.
Crap, labour mess up the economy every time, look up their history.

Household disposable income per capita is a whopping 0.19% up on where it was when Camerobastard got in.

Hardly a figure which screams "Everything's fine now!", is it?

Last edited by Breadman on Tue Mar 31 2015, 19:22; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum