Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tory Leadership

+13
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Norpig
whatsgoingon
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Chairmanda
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Tory Leadership Empty Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 13:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Starting to look like a two horse race between May and Leadsom so nailed on it's going to be a woman. May obviously way ahead at the moment but with the Tory bigwigs backing Leadsom who is likely to pick up Gove/Leave campaigners support when Gove folds it could be close, however there is a move within the party to shorten the election period and effectively shoehorn May into the job before Leadsom's campaign can pick up further momentum.

So whilst it was three men who led the surrender, which woman will lead the retreat?

2Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 14:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I think it will be May. Among other things she has the support of the Daily Mail and they have a lot of influence with grass roots Tories especially in the Home Counties and the South. That's where this election will be decided. The 1922 committee has already announced there'll be no changes to the procedure they already approved no matter what the back benchers may want and that September 2nd is close enough to ensure no period of uncertainty anyway. As I recall Parliament won't return to session until mid-September anyway and by then May (assuming she wins) will have had time to go see the Queen and get Her Majesty's permission to form a new government.

Frankly I don't like May any more than I like most Tory MP's but she's probably the best of that particular bunch. Gove's a complete Judas to both sides of the Brexit campaign and while Leadsom is gaining ground it's unlikely that she's well enough known to the wider public to really inspire the party membership to vote for her. I suspect it'll be about 70-30 in favour of May once there are just two candidates left no matter who she's up against.

3Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 15:02

May will get it, she's as odious as the rest of them unfortunately. Some of her anti-immigration rhetoric and policy in recent years is part of the reason so many people voted leave IMO. The Tories have an ability to regroup and come together in a way Labour just don't seem capable of, if Labour don't get sorted quickly May will have won a snap election and we'll be condemned for another 4 years at least.

Meanwhile Osbourne's rushing through the sale of the land registry whilst nobody's looking. Another organisation that turned a profit for the tax payer last year, being sold off for short term gains to help towards another nonsense target.

4Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 15:09

It's actually a minimum of 5 years now after Nick Clegg (remember him?) passed the Fixed Term Parliament Act in a desperate attempt to cozy up to his boss and curry favour.

5Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not much of a choice is it really? There's Theresa May who along with her husband is part owner of a Zionist "Security Company" famous for torturing Palestinians in the West Bank and then there's wannabe Thatcherite (famous for torturing the British) Leadsom.

6Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 02 2016, 17:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think May will win it but I don't think it is guaranteed. The two final candidates are voted on by the full membership of the Tory party - average age 80 and very right wing (a mirror image of the Labour party) - so they may think she is too liberal or not enough of a Brexit fan.

7Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:58

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:It's actually a minimum of 5 years now after Nick Clegg (remember him?) passed the Fixed Term Parliament Act in a desperate attempt to cozy up to his boss and curry favour.
It's more than possible to have a snap GE. Personally don't think it likely, but methods for calling it in FTPA not particularly onerous. Have you missed me?

8Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 20:58

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Answering question, it's hard to predict the vagaries of the Tory party electorate in internal elections, if I had to choose, think May will get it

9Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chairmanda wrote: Have you missed me?

I have,

Hope you are well, I somehow got the idea that you've been poorly recently?

I hope I'm wrong about that.

I rather you had been upset over something said or done on Nuts than you (or anyone else for that matter) be ill.

10Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:06

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Chairmanda wrote: Have you missed me?

I have,

Hope you are well, I somehow got the idea that you've been poorly recently?

I hope I'm wrong about that.

I rather you had been upset over something said or done on Nuts than you (or anyone else for that matter) be ill.
I've been proper poorly but getting a bit better (had a couple of false dawns so not over excited). Not going to ask again what I have missed...thanks for your concern, Sluffster

11Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Starting to look like a two horse race between May and Leadsom so nailed on it's going to be a woman. May obviously way ahead at the moment but with the Tory bigwigs backing Leadsom who is likely to pick up Gove/Leave campaigners support when Gove folds it could be close, however there is a move within the party to shorten the election period and effectively shoehorn May into the job before Leadsom's campaign can pick up further momentum.

So whilst it was three men who led the surrender, which woman will lead the retreat?

I can't stand May so for me I would plump for Leadsom especially as she was a committed Brexiter. May as Home secretary was found wanting during the London Olympics by granting the contract for security to G4S, who made a dogs breakfast of the operational running of the event. I'm sure I read somewhere that Theresa May's husband was a shareholder in a subsidiary company of G4S?

12Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:10

Chairmanda wrote:
Breadman wrote:It's actually a minimum of 5 years now after Nick Clegg (remember him?) passed the Fixed Term Parliament Act in a desperate attempt to cozy up to his boss and curry favour.
It's more than possible to have a snap GE. Personally don't think it likely, but methods for calling it in FTPA not particularly onerous. Have you missed me?

Do you really have to ask that question?

Simply by logging in, you've raised the mean IQ of the site by about 12%.

Hope you're on the up and things are improving.

13Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Not much of a compliment seeing as we have Scott and Boggers on here.

14Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

You have no reason to be so rude and insult my intelligence.

15Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You have no reason to be so rude and insult my intelligence.

Boggersbelief wrote:88 points

16Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:39

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Good point.

Make that 26%.

17Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:You have no reason to be so rude and insult my intelligence.

Boggersbelief wrote:88 points

That was an optimistic prediction. It's funny how you always refer back to that though, as you have fuck all else to go on

18Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 21:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think 10,400 of your other posts is something to go on.

19Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
That was an optimistic prediction. It's funny how you always refer back to that though, as you have fuck all else to go on

Of course I'm going to refer back to my favourite post of all time.

20Tory Leadership Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 04 2016, 22:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I think 10,400 of your other posts is something to go on.

One of the worms I was talking about, WGO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum