Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tory Leadership

+13
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Norpig
whatsgoingon
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Chairmanda
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I must say that I'm not overly enamoured with Breadman implying that I'm a brain dead every 5 minutes on here.

I can imagine that Gloswhite and ReebokTrotter aren't either.

122Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:17

Copper Dragon wrote:I must say that I'm not overly enamoured with Breadman implying that I'm a brain dead every 5 minutes on here.

I can imagine that Gloswhite and ReebokTrotter aren't either.

If you don't want people questioning your intelligence, stop voting for UKIP and then openly admitting it then.

Simples.

123Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Tories kicking off about Andrea Leadsom's comments about being a mum giving her a tangible stake in the future of the country (as opposed to childless May)
Internal row about whether or not Leadsom was having a go at single people no kids, gay people no kids, infertile people no kids or people who don't want kids anyway. She's just alienated everyone who isn't a parent.
I don't think she has mate. I think she's basically being subjected to the same kind of garbage that the red top papers in particular call journalism. I saw the comment and at no time did she say or even hint at any sort of criticism of people who aren't parents let alone any particular group such as gays. All she said was that she felt she had a real stake in Britain's long term future because everything she did would have an effect on her own children if she gets elected.

Earlier this week there was a post on FB that went viral in which Theresa May was 'quoted' as saying convicted paedophiles should be allowed to adopt children. There was another this morning in which she was claimed to have said "Sharia Law has been of great benefit to many in Britain."

Personally I think it's a continuation of the Remain vs Leave campaign. May worked on Remain and it's little wonder that the Express and other papers that were fervently in favour of Leave are printing this crap. Leadsom was a Leave supporter so the other side of the press that wanted us to stay in the EU are now doing their best to smear her.

Both sides are using outright lies and distortions to try and sell 'their' candidate for the Tory leadership and it's probably going to wind up being just as ugly and filled with exaggerations, distortions and outright lies as the referendum campaign itself was. It would seem the after effects of Brexit are going to rumble through British politics, particularly Conservative politics for a very long and very ugly time yet.

124Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:28

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:If you don't want people questioning your intelligence, stop voting for UKIP and then openly admitting it then.

Simples.

Quite an angry beggar these days.

Stop voting for? As though it's been done more than once.

'Simples'  Rolling Eyes

125Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think what's happening with Breadman, CD and others is just a reflection of what's going on in the country as a whole. The referendum has left a lot of people on both sides bitterly angry and caused massive divisions between them no matter which way they voted. I'm sure that under normal circumstances the discourse would be much more civilised but whether you voted Leave or Remain it seems the campaign itself has been quite poisonous and it's still rumbling on.

It seems we've lost some respect both for those around us and for ourselves. Hopefully that's one aftereffect of the referendum that won't last too long.

126Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:41

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think that lumping 17 million people into one category is a bit much though Peterpiper.

127Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:42

Copper Dragon wrote:

Quite an angry beggar these days.

It's this referendum business that's done it.

I'm pissed off and angry about the fact that the country's going backwards at an alarming rate.

And the fuckers who caused it have all run away and left the rest of us to pick up the pieces.

And even if we don't end up leaving Europe (which I don't think we will), the damage is done and it's going to take years to sort.

And there was no need for any of it to happen in the first place.

It was nothing more than a cheap ploy by Cameron to win votes at the last election and it's backfired massively and given the far right of British politics a huge boost.

So yeah, I'm a bit angry.

128Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:I think that lumping 17 million people into one category is a bit much though Peterpiper.
CD I'm not saying everyone has been affected but it's clear that a great many have. Let's face it, the arguments on here have been vicious when a year ago it would have been banter and if it got bad it would have gone on for a day or so at most then been dropped by both sides. That isn't happening this time and it's not just on forums where this sort of thing is going on. There are a few people where I work who are still going at it hammer and tongs to the point where I've considered rearranging some of my teams just to separate the protagonists. People who used to be at least polite to one another if not actual friends are saying some truly awful things to and about each other in ways they never would have considered before the referendum. I can't remember a time when people were this divided and this angry about a single issue since the Poll Tax. I just hope it calms down soon for all our sakes.

129Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 15:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My work mates are no longer having a brew together. I used to enjoy the banter at brew time,but it's all turned a bit nasty.
I've known most of them for around ten years,and it's hard to fathom. All decent blokes,but unable to find any kind of common ground.

130Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 15:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My work mates are no longer having a brew together. I used to enjoy the banter at brew time,but it's all turned a bit nasty.
I've known most of them for around ten years,and it's hard to fathom. All decent blokes,but unable to find any kind of common ground.

They sound like sad bastards

131Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 15:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:My work mates are no longer having a brew together. I used to enjoy the banter at brew time,but it's all turned a bit nasty.

I don't think my Brucie CD collection helps. Might try some Val Doonican. Very Happy

132Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 16:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UKIP is growing like Breadman's bad temper.

133Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sat Jul 09 2016, 22:04

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I don't think my Brucie CD collection helps. Might try some Val Doonican. Very Happy
Suggest everyone participates in some generation game type activities as team building 
Tory Leadership - Page 7 Imagejpeg

134Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sun Jul 10 2016, 08:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:...and you're still a boring prick who's in need of a new act.

Can't be arsed with your bollocks today, so I'll keep it simple.

Fuck off.
Is this really a man you'd trust discussing politics ?

With this vulgar, vile and hatred in his posts, better left alone IMO, let the old man suffer.

135Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Sun Jul 10 2016, 08:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Laughing

136Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 11 2016, 12:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Andrea Leadsom to 'quit Conservative leadership bid'

Andrea Leadsom is expected to pull out of the two-way contest to become the next Conservative Party leader and UK prime minister, the BBC understands.

A source close to the energy minister said "the abuse has been too great".

Mrs Leadsom was up against Home Secretary Theresa May in the race to succeed David Cameron as prime minister.

She apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

Mrs Leadsom is expected to make a statement at 12:15 BST.

BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith said that if she withdraws from the contest, Mr Cameron's successor could be in place "much earlier than 9 September" - when the contest was due to finish.

It will be up to the 1922 committee of Conservative MPs to decide the timetable - or whether to continue with a leadership contest.

If it is decided that Mrs May is to become leader, uncontested, she would become prime minister-designate or "PM elect" only upon the declaration by the 1922.

The time between Gordon Brown winning the Labour leadership uncontested and succeeding Tony Blair as prime minister was 38 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

137Tory Leadership - Page 7 Empty Re: Tory Leadership Mon Jul 11 2016, 12:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Pity. I was rather hoping the Tory party would implode if the old fogy membership voted for her rather than May.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/corbyn-hoping-tories-go-for-an-unelectable-fanatic-as-well-20160708110461

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum