Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Armchair Twats Have Killed Us

+13
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Alf Hooker
Bolton Nuts
okocha
doffcocker
Norpig
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 21:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
From my own (very basic) experience of submitting the accounts for my own Ltd company for auditing (careful how I phrase this now), I know that it is eminently possible to, erm......well....er, you know........?

Not a clue what you're talking about Bread - I think you should provide us with much more specific detail, examples of what you're talking about and generally elaborate on the concept... Smile

And after we've sifted through your Asda bag of receipts....

102Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Wed Jan 06 2016, 21:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I've got this idea nibbling away at the back of my head that the accounts aren't perhaps 100% kosher, or at the very least, have been deliberately put together in a way that confuses the whole issue.
OK. Accounts can place an emphasis in one aspect of the business or another and can be presented in a particular way to support particular ideas (by using selective ratio analysis for example) but it's nigh impossible to hide tens of millions, let alone hundreds of millions. The whole point of looking at all 3 financial documents in conjunction with one another is that generally speaking the whole picture comes out. 

I suspect PG presented a partial picture to ED to keep him sweet, but I have no doubt that at least the vast majority of the £180 million was actually invested by ED. 

And if ED slipped in the odd parking receipt from when he took the kids to the cinema on a Sunday afternoon or claimed his mum's birthday dinner was corporate entertainment, it won't make a massive difference in the scheme of things..

The accounts may well not be 100% kosher but they have to be at least 90% kosher otherwise HMRC will have investigated them. I happen to know that as HMRC get the accounts of all football clubs (and dentists, florists, butchers etc) they know what the average ratio of expenditure to income is, what % of turnover is spent on toilet roll on average etc and they allow say 10% variance from the norm in each sector/subsector before a business is flagged up for investigation. They use the data we all send them to identify dodgy accounts.

103Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 15:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:No lusty. I think you need to understand that while ED and Moonshift are not legally the same entity Eddie is listed as a major shareholder. An attempt by him to take the assets back the way you suggested could (and likely would) be seen as an attempt to avoid paying other creditors including HMRC. If they're given to the administrator the way you suggest they would cease to belong to him or Moonshift etc and the administrator would be obliged to sell them for a maximum amount he can get. This means Eddie would have to pay market value for them whatever that might be and given he's already said he won't put in any more money now I can't see him doing it after admin, especially not to purchase assets he currently owns or holds a majority stake in. 

When Ken Bates pulled his stunt of buying Leeds Utd for one pound while paying creditors a few pennies in the pound it caused a furore that still hasn't faded. HMRC will not stand by and allow someone else to try and pull that stunt again. That's one of the reasons why footballing creditors MUST be paid in full. Eddie's choices in an admin situation are now incredibly limited as a result. Either he or his company are listed as a creditor in which case he has to be paid and the assets would have to be sold to fund it or he declines the right to be so listed and as such receives zip. 

As I said earlier Manda and rammywhite are much better at explaining this but Eddie couldn't even form a new holding company to buy the assets and exit admin that way because the assets are worth less than the total debt owed to Moonshift/him alone let alone everyone else. 

When Southampton's parent company went into admin a few years back they were still docked points and still had to pay all football creditors despite their claim they weren't the same entity as St Mary's Holdings. I understand where you're going with your question and it would be a great trick that would help the club hugely if Eddie could do it but legally he simply can't any more no matter what his motives might be.
So you're saying that ED is not entitled to the money BWFC owe him? I disagree.

The fact is that it is HMRC who are vulnerable as they are legally down the pecking order (Sluffy will confirm this) and any attempt by HMRC to prevent ED from being paid as a preferential creditor so that they can advance their own claim would be highly illegal.

Do you really think that HMRC can just steal people's money if they want to?

This situation has nothing to do with what happened at Leeds or anywhere else for that matter as it is an entirely different set of circumstances.

BWFC owe ED £180 million and he has every right to get it back as a preferential creditor in the eyes of the law and there is absolutely nothing that HMRC can do about it.

And if he chooses to then give it back to BWFC or the dog's home or anyone else for that matter once the club exits administration he is entitled to so - and again it is my understanding that there is nothing that HMRC can do about it - as it's his to give.

And personally, I hope he does it.
Lusty, I am NOT saying he shouldn't get his money back at all so I'm not sure where that came from. All I said was that if he's listed as a creditor in the event of admin he MUST be paid in full for us to exit it as he is a direct football creditor (ie he lent the money to the football club itself rather than to Moonshift etc). If he is NOT listed as a creditor he isn't entitled to anything automatically and would not be able to take the assets (such as the stadium and hotel) in lieu of his debt as you suggested. He would have to buy them at their current commercial value and the money involved would be very significant indeed, well into eight figures. 

Do you understand where I am coming from now? The administrator is required by law to obtain full market value for any assets he sells and cannot simply give them away to someone who is NOT listed as a creditor. If Eddie IS listed he could indeed offer to take them in lieu of the debt owed to him BUT the other footballing creditors, HMRC and then the other creditors would still need to be paid. The first in full, HMRC will probably want at least half of the money owed to them and some effort would have to be made to find at least a percentage of the money owed to any remaining non-preferred creditors. Since the commercial value of the entire assets of the club is a lot less than 180 million pounds that is apparently owed to Eddie alone there would be nothing at all left with which to realise the necessary funds to pay off the rest. 

Of course he should be repaid since the money he loaned to us is just that, a loan not an investment but if he isn't listed as a creditor he won't have any say in what happens to the assets in the event of admin. At that point BWFC won't belong to him, Moonshift or Fildraw etc. It will be owned by the administrator and his job will be to sell the club as a going concern if possible and liquidate it in order to settle as much debt as possible if no one wants to buy it as a going concern.

104Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 15:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll try to keep it simple.
If we go into admin, instead of writing off his debt as promised, ED as the main preferential creditor should try to retain as many of the assets as poss in lieu of payment. This should be more than 90% of the assets if historic reports that all but £10 million is owed to ED are to be believed. Then when the club exits admin, he can gift them back to the club (same as writing off the debt from EDs perspective) - leaving the club with >90% of what it has today which can then be used to find a new buyer.

105Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 15:53

Very small or far away..........?

That is the question:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

106Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 15:56

Breadman wrote:Very small or far away..........?

That is the question:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One of my favorite episodes. Even Graham Nortons presence doesn't sour it Smile

Not as good as the spider baby episode though

107Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 15:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I'll try to keep it simple.
If we go into admin, instead of writing off his debt as promised, ED as the main preferential creditor should try to retain as many of the assets as poss in lieu of payment. This should be more than 90% of the assets if historic reports that all but £10 million is owed to ED are to be believed. Then when the club exits admin, he can gift them back to the club (same as writing off the debt from EDs perspective) - leaving the club with >90% of what it has today which can then be used to find a new buyer.
Except he won't be allowed to do that lusty. Don't you grasp that yet? How can we exit admin if there are no assets left to settle the remaining football debts not to mention HMRC and non preferred creditors? Do you really think HMRC will say "yes it's fine, you take these multi million pound assets for nothing, don't pay us what you owe us and tell the other creditors to bog off". What you're talking about is just not possible given the value of the assets against the size of the debt even if it were legal. 

Frankly for BWFC to survive at all there is only one choice if we do enter admin and that is for Eddie NOT to list himself as a creditor if the club is to survive. I doubt even you believe anyone's going to come in with 170 mil plus to pay him off, 2mil for the taxman now plus about six mil more for all the other creditors and another 15 mil on top of all that to get us to the end of the season.

ED could be given every asset the club owns and say yes I'll write the rest off but it wouldn't do us any good with the other debts. It would be pointless even if he decided to "donate" the assets back to us while we're still in admin. If he did the administrator would be obliged to sell them anyway in order to satisfy the other creditors before we could exit admin. Not to mention ED would probably wind up on the wrong end of a Capital Gains or Corporation Tax bill for receiving the assets as he doesn't personally own them, one of the companies does and that's a different legal entity. His domicile on the Isle of Man wouldn't help him avoid that because the property concerned is here on the mainland.

108Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 16:05

HAIRY JAPANESE BASTARDS  !!!

109Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 16:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my favourite ever comedy programme  Very Happy

I love the Dougal milkman episode with Pat Mustard - those women were in the nip!

110Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 16:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I'll try to keep it simple.
Except he won't be allowed to do that lusty. Don't you grasp that yet? How can we exit admin if there are no assets left to settle the remaining football debts not to mention HMRC and non preferred creditors? 
You're going all or nothing again. He is owed 90% say. So whatever % is required of the assets are sold to pay off the other 10% creditors. It may take 20% of the assets to settle 10% of the debt but at least the rest (say 80%) can be rescued from the firesale.
Remember "market value" is what somebody is willing to pay for it - generally not much when you are known to be in trouble.

111Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 6 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Thu Jan 07 2016, 16:32

Norpig wrote:my favourite ever comedy programme  Very Happy

I love the Dougal milkman episode with Pat Mustard - those women were in the nip!

Join the club. The xmas special trapped in the underwear section was superb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum