Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Armchair Twats Have Killed Us

+13
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Alf Hooker
Bolton Nuts
okocha
doffcocker
Norpig
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:in that case seeing as i go every week i'll carry on slagging off Gartside and Saint Eddie. The two of them have run this once great club into the ground and Eddie in particular is just standing back and watching us go belly up

Your opinion is perfectly valid. You are backing the club with your coin so you can say what you want.

I have shares and have contributed an estimated £30k to £40k to BWFC in total. Am I allowed to guess whether Gartside is a scumbag or not or does the fact that I chose not to spend 12 to 14 hours driving to home matches negate my opinion?

Does the amount of money I have given to the club determine the validity of my opinion i.e. is it more valid than a season ticket holder who has only been going for say the last 10 years?

42Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 13:14

Don't indulge him, you'll just make it worse.

We all know that even he doesn't believe the pointless drivel he's posted on here so pointing out the obvious flaws in the basic premise of the thread is a waste of time and effort.

(And he'll think he's got a reaction and that's what he's after.)

43Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i know i shouldn't bite but i can't help it, it's the teams fault for being so crap and putting me in a permanent bad mood

44Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Does the amount of money I have given to the club determine the validity of my opinion i.e. is it more valid than a season ticket holder who has only been going for say the last 10 years?

Yes, because that person has witnessed the shite going on at Bolton first hand. That person can slate Davies/Gartside/Lennon etc because he is giving some of his hard earned wages to the club.

My beef is with twats who don't go because they can't be arsed but love to spend their time keyboard warrioring on forums like this one abusing the likes of Eddie Davies for "only putting £100m into the club."

45Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he may have well put £100m into the club but his actions now make a mockery of all the good things he may have achieved in the past. 

If it all turns out that i was wrong about Saint Eddie i'll be the first to hold my hands up but i doubt i'll need to. The lasting memory of his time at Bolton will be this sorry mess we are in now.

46Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:he may have well put £100m into the club but his actions now make a mockery of all the good things he may have achieved in the past. 

Surely you don't believe that? The guy bankrolled us to some great times. With better managers we wouldn't be in this mess.

He's made mistakes, but fuck me, some of you need to get a grip.

More than one hundred MILLION pounds.

Some twats on here can't shell out 30 quid.

47Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i shouldn't bite but yes i do. Any ignorant fool with money can bankroll a club and let it get into massive debts and almost certain administration. If it's his club then it's his mess and he needs to sort it out now.

If he'd been more hands on and actually questioned Gartside then we wouldn't be in this mess now.

48Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

49Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:he may have well put £100m into the club but his actions now make a mockery of all the good things he may have achieved in the past. 

Surely you don't believe that? The guy bankrolled us to some great times. With better managers we wouldn't be in this mess.

He's made mistakes, but fuck me, some of you need to get a grip.

More than one hundred MILLION pounds.

Some twats on here can't shell out 30 quid.
I agree that EDs contribution to BWFC has been absolutely incredible and that some of the criticism that has come his way has been totally unjustified.
However it has to be acknowledged that if Gartside was deceiving him all these years then ED has at a minimum been negligent in protecting his substantial investment. 
I would like to think that he's just a trusting old fool who has been had by a sneaky moron but somehow that doesn't seem likely. However we should wait until the facts come to light before judging the man.

50Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone really think we will find out the full facts even when we are eventually sold? The communication from the club these last few years has been disgraceful and us poor ignorant fans will never be any the wiser. After all who in the club really cares what we think?

51Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yes, because that person has witnessed the shite going on at Bolton first hand. That person can slate Davies/Gartside/Lennon etc because he is giving some of his hard earned wages to the club.

My beef is with twats who don't go because they can't be arsed but love to spend their time keyboard warrioring on forums like this one abusing the likes of Eddie Davies for "only putting £100m into the club."
So basically you're having a go at Breadman?  
I think he is the only contributor who meets the fairly specific criteria you are outlining.

Yeah - that Bread doesn't half talk some shite Smile but I think that a) he has every right to do it  b) he's not the only one and c) it doesn't ruin the site for everyone.

52Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 15:36

Of course he is.

But I'm far too self-deprecating to have pointed it out already and also because I didn't want to give him the opportunity to call me a "self-obsessed ponce who thinks that this site revolves around him" because I'm honestly not.

(That's his job.)

However, it's pretty obvious who this thread's aimed at.

I twatted Whittam with my Bat of Self-Awareness before Christmas, he went away for a sulk for a few days and then reappeared and posted this drivel by way of retaliation.

2/10, Must do better. See me.

53Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth I think Natasha's comments were quite general - there are plenty of posters on many other forums who fill the criteria stated.

However I do think she will be having a good laugh at the reaction it as provoked on here though!

I still can't get over how so many people take things to heart?

BWFC is a privately owned business in the entertainments sector.  People don't form Supporters Trust demanding a seat on the board when Alton Towers have bad trading results; People don't chant sack the board when the Octagon puts its prices up; People don't abuse the manager at Manchester Arena when the gig they have gone to see turns out to be shit - so why do football fans think they are different to everyone else?

BWFC is a business run by business people for ultimately their own benefit.

We will never get to see what as gone on behind its closed doors - nor have we the right to either.

We are merely customers - who should vote with their feet - we would do so everywhere else.  The fact that many of us don't does not give us the right to find out what as gone on and why though.

54Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Does anyone really think we will find out the full facts even when we are eventually sold? 
Dunno mate, but we'll probably know more than we do now.
Especially so if a new management team is appointed as it is common practice to pile all the blame for all problems present and future on the previous incumbents. They would probably leave no stone unturned in their quest to dish the dirt on the previous management.
Just like our current Government does....Smile

55Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it may be just a business now Sluffy but when i first starting following BWFC it felt and still does feel like more than that to me.

Football clubs are part of a town or city's history and have a big part to play in their local areas. To see it turn into more of a business saddens me to be honest but i suppose that's the world we live in now

56Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:For what it is worth I think Natasha's comments were quite general - there are plenty of posters on many other forums who fill the criteria stated.

However I do think she will be having a good laugh at the reaction it as provoked on here though!

I still can't get over how so many people take things to heart?

BWFC is a privately owned business in the entertainments sector.  People don't form Supporters Trust demanding a seat on the board when Alton Towers have bad trading results; People don't chant sack the board when the Octagon puts its prices up; People don't abuse the manager at Manchester Arena when the gig they have gone to see turns out to be shit - so why do football fans think they are different to everyone else?

BWFC is a business run by business people for ultimately their own benefit.

We will never get to see what as gone on behind its closed doors - nor have we the right to either.

We are merely customers - who should vote with their feet - we would do so everywhere else.  The fact that many of us don't does not give us the right to find out what as gone on and why though.
FWIW I think you are getting better at pouring oil on troubled waters by generalising specifics as your remit demands Sluffy. Missed vocation in the Diplomatic Service if you ask me Smile

Although it does slightly come across as "that Mr Hitler wasn't all that bad - just a little misunderstood"

57Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 16:22

And for the record, I don't think anybody (myself included) has taken this thread too seriously.

I just see it as more proof that "Operation: Get Your Own Back" is clearly working.

This war will be over by Christmas, you mark my words.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win and they sit in their bedsit, crying over their keyboard, mumbling: "I used to be somebody on the internet at one time...."

58Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rightly or wrongly, I see Eddie D principally as a fan....a very rich one who has made BW his hobby. 

He appears not to have interfered with the running of the club, and has trusted "professionals" to take on that task. Surely, that's his prerogative. Obviously, he would have been thrilled with the club's great years in the prem and Europe, and would have felt that PG was to be respected, and could continue to be left to oversee the club's affairs successfully.

It's also his prerogative to decide when it's time to move on, and surely churlish to criticise someone who has selflessly put £180 million into the club and is prepared to wave the monies owed to him. 

Some fans clearly expected Eddie to change into an owner who would begin to question Gartside and become more hands-on in the running of the club. Is he really to be the subject of abuse for having been let down by a man he had reason to trust?

59Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 17:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Okocha, the problem many fans including myself have is that (a) it's hard to see how an astute businessman would put more than twice his reported net worth into a business and NOT look very closely at the books in more than a decade. (b) The sheer silence from everyone involved and the disappearance of the man largely responsible for a decade of mismanagement has left nothing but rumours, speculation and sheer flights of fantasy to discuss which makes it hard to take a truly objective view. 

Whether or not Eddie does actually write off the debt remains to be seen. A statement attributed to him says he will if a deal is done soon but there is no confirmation of what happens should we go into admin or that Eddie is actually in a position to write off that money. The fog surrounding Moonshift, Burnden Leisure and who is actually involved in those companies makes it difficult to know if it's even his decision to make any more. 

I don't personally blame him for wanting his money back, a businessman who puts money into his business expects to profit from that investment. What does rankle is that for ten years we've all been told we're not really in debt when a two year old could see that was a lie and now the chickens have come home to roost no one wants to take responsibility for it. Lennon has by and large been left to stand alone as the sole point of contact for matters on and off the field while the "close to a deal" mantra is all that's come out of the boardroom for months while it's patently untrue. I think a little more organisation, a clearer communication about where we really are and what's actually being done to try and salvage something from the mess would go a long way to calming the fans and media speculation.

60Armchair Twats Have Killed Us - Page 3 Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Mon Jan 04 2016, 18:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would suggest that the 15,000 there on Saturday is a good turn out considering the rubbish on display. I expect 7 or 8 thousand starting next season.  So if another 10k show up for home games all will be grand ???   Obviously more people the more money but the percentage increase wouldn't make a dent in the debt.  It's like the government....give them more money and they spend more or pocket it.  It doesn't come back to us in players or services. Only in a dream world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum