Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change

+20
Numpty 28723
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Copper Dragon
Barryjw
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Sluffy
doffcocker
Bollotom2014
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Who should we support in the future?

Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:18

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:

That same argument was espoused by you when defining a live supporter as opposed to an armchair fan. And I'm really not interested in your sexual proclivities or what you do in the shelter of Bargain Booze. You truly are a fisher among men.

I love it when people come on here using fancy words they looked up on Google.

By gum, lass. Big words? I dumbed it down so as yer would see wor ah wuz gerrin at, but you did make oi larf. Teaser!

62Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:21

At one time we would all have laughed and happily played along with this thread but given the current circumstances surrounding the club, it's pricked a few nerves and hasn't gone down too well.

Nobody seriously thinks Whittam means any of this bollocks but in terms of comedy subject matter, it's not the most intelligent idea for a thread at the moment.

Unless of course whoever's behind the Whittam character really is just all about getting a reaction and is loving seeing people get annoyed.......

63Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The choice she gave us tells it's own story.

64Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
It might not be rational but that doesn't matter. Success isn't a good reason  to change allegiance and by the same token neither is failure.
I'm sticking with them because I've supported them ( and that means actually going to most  home games) for half a century - and nothing rational or irrational will stop me now.
Loyalty is a higher virtue and most real supporters ( which includes everybody on Nuts with a few vocal exceptions) share it with me
We're shit and we know it- but we're sticking to it.

This isn't about success or failure - it's about being treated like idiots. BWFC don't give a shit about the fans. Where are the official (truthful) statements from the club?

At what point does loyalty become stupidity.

Rammy - I don't know if you have a daughter but let's say you do and one day, after 10 years of marriage, she comes to you and says her husband has been cheating on her. Do you tell her to stay loyal and ignore his wandering penis, or divorce him and find a chap who will treat her well?

65Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:since when has logic come into who you support? You pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin

I think in 1,000 years or whatever, they will laugh at how people used to give a shit about football let alone feel some moral obligation to stand by and put money into a chosen team as though it were a hospital or a school or something else that actually serves an important purpose.

I'm as guilty as anyone for letting Bolton piss me off, but it's all part of the fun really. It's ridiculous how dramatic people are in this country where football's concerned, when you put it into perspective.

I mean fair enough to anyone that's "sticking with the club through thick and thin" and all that but it's eleven blokes kicking a ball around that's at stake at the end of the day. Not a sick child, the livelihoods of a mass amount of people, an entire community not being destroyed by natural disaster, etc.

66Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:31

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aye, Breaders, but backs to the wall time. Nat sounds like that Lancs Pensioner on Bolton News.  Twisted Evil

67Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:36

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
Norpig wrote:since when has logic come into who you support? You pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin

I think in 1,000 years or whatever, they will laugh at how people used to give a shit about football let alone feel some moral obligation to stand by and put money into a chosen team as though it were a hospital or a school or something else that actually serves an important purpose.

I'm as guilty as anyone for letting Bolton piss me off, but it's all part of the fun really. It's ridiculous how dramatic people are in this country where football's concerned, when you put it into perspective.

I mean fair enough to anyone that's "sticking with the club through thick and thin" and all that but it's eleven blokes kicking a ball around that's at stake at the end of the day. Not a sick child, the livelihoods of a mass amount of people, an entire community not being destroyed by natural disaster, etc.

Absolutely agree- in the grand scheme of things its unimportant ,trivial. And that's exactly why I'll stick to BWFC-through thick and thin.
When its thick its great fun. when its thin its not so much fun.
And that's why I couldn't bring myself to make big important decisions about who to support. I've supported them all my life and can't see the attraction of packing in now, given that it's really a fairly trivial recreational activity. Its not marriage, or holy orders or a life changing decision. Its sommat to do on Saturdays.

68Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Its sommat to do on Saturdays.

You're still choosing to give your cash to an institution that hates you.

In years to come your family will mock you.

69Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
It might not be rational but that doesn't matter. Success isn't a good reason  to change allegiance and by the same token neither is failure.
I'm sticking with them because I've supported them ( and that means actually going to most  home games) for half a century - and nothing rational or irrational will stop me now.
Loyalty is a higher virtue and most real supporters ( which includes everybody on Nuts with a few vocal exceptions) share it with me
We're shit and we know it- but we're sticking to it.

This isn't about success or failure - it's about being treated like idiots. BWFC don't give a shit about the fans. Where are the official (truthful) statements from the club?

At what point does loyalty become stupidity.

Rammy - I don't know if you have a daughter but let's say you do and one day, after 10 years of marriage, she comes to you and says her husband has been cheating on her. Do you tell her to stay loyal and ignore his wandering penis, or divorce him and find a chap who will treat her well?

I don't feel that I'm being treated like an idiot! The club is in turmoil and so they're not putting stuff out on a daily basis. I don't really see why they should tell me everything that's going on. Do other clubs do that?
As regards the daughter(you're right-I do have a daughter who I'm quite proud of) and if she was married to someone who couldn't keep his pants on, if she asked my advice I'd tell her to divorce him.
But I think marriage infidelity and break up is on a slightly more important scale than a football club and what it's telling me and what it's not. To be honest I don't really care whether they tell me stuff or not- because I don't find it that important. I do a deal with them- I buy a season ticket that allows me to attend about 23 game a season. They make no promises about winning them, playing attractive football or whatever. I'd like them to win and play attractive football- but my legal contract with them is absolutely clear- it confirms admittance to the stadium and nothing else-certainly not being privy to internal events at the club
As regards a social or psychological contract with the club- that's too ill defined for me to interpret.

70Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Its sommat to do on Saturdays.

You're still choosing to give your cash to an institution that hates you.

In years to come your family will mock you.

They don't hate me! They're indifferent to me and that's not the same thing. And there's only me and the missus at home now and she's happy for me to go and watch the game!!

71Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And I'm sticking one more meaningless post in here as it gets me to 2000 entries and a change of picture!!

72Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 15:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

...and I didn't expect it  be that cheating spitting tosser Diouf!!.

73Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:...and I didn't expect it  be that cheating spitting tosser Diouf!!.

Be careful what you wish for....a maxim that could be relevant to this entire thread.

74Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:...and I didn't expect it  be that cheating spitting tosser Diouf!!.

Be careful what you wish for....a maxim that could be relevant to this entire thread.

I was hoping for Gudni- a gentleman and a scholar ( even if he is a lawyer!)
Or one of the Great Danes!

75Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you supported someone else this wouldn't have happened.

76Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:33

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

OK- you win that one ,flower!!

77Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:46

No matter how bad things are right now, it will get better eventually. Let's face it, it can't get too much worse. 

All I care about next season is that we're on a stable footing, no matter what division we're in, and we can start to enjoy the football again. I just hope we have a few youth players come through to make it interesting for us.

I'm hoping that's not too much to ask for.

78Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:49

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

OK- you win that one ,flower!!

Unless you supported Liverpool, leeds etc

79Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:50

bwfc1874 wrote:No matter how bad things are right now, it will get better eventually. Let's face it, it can't get too much worse. 

All I care about next season is that we're on a stable footing, no matter what division we're in, and we can start to enjoy the football again. I just hope we have a few youth players come through to make it interesting for us.

:agree:

80Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change - Page 4 Empty Re: Fuck Bolton - Time For A Change Mon Jan 11 2016, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No matter how bad things are right now, it will get better eventually. Let's face it, it can't get too much worse. 

And you think it'll be any different next time? At least Eddie Davies was a fan and bankrolled the Fat Sam era.

We could end up with a bunch of bigger twats than the current lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum