Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holdsworth on verge of takeover

+29
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Diadora
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Mr Magoo
FullofSprite
doffcocker
gloswhite
Moses Gate
Leeds_Trotter
Candle Coal
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 21]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Tamraz still thinks he's in pole position

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope so! Very Happy

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Apparently Tamraz still thinks he's in pole position

Bidding war, first one to turn up with messi wins?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Radio interview with Marc Iles and Ian Banks of the ST following todays news about Sports Shield -

Starts roughly half way through running to about three quarters way.

Listen for yourselves and make your own views but I thought it was squirmfull stuff particularly over the ST - Iles being his normal sycophantic self over them and Banks being frighteningly clueless over what influence he thinks the ST will wield over the running of the club by any new owners.

Highlights if you don't want to listen -

Iles basically saying Sports Shield had to be given preference because they had to do something before 6.00PM Friday and only SS in a position to act.

Frightening if that really was the case!

Banks "we are learning", "we are learning" "we've got an election committee" "we are here to react".

I'd rather he would simply do the task he was given and concentrate on getting properly constituted elections arranged rather than try to live the dream of running the club sans money or even a bank account yet!

In fact if the whole purpose of the ST is to facilitate elections what are the main bunch of them doing if that work has been delegated to a newly formed 'election committee'???

Anyway the obvious question about SS is who is funding them and how do they think they can make their money back because they will run at a loss for the remainder of the season and unless they shift several big earners still contracted to until 2017, will be running at a loss for next season too (as well as probably starting it in division 3 by then!).

Radio interview here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Apparently Tamraz still thinks he's in pole position

Bidding war, first one to turn up with Messi £2.50 wins?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So the deal goes ahead but not in time to stop the sale of the training ground according to the BEN.

2.2 m raised that may be used for the tax bill but if not where the hell is it going?

Same place the car park money has gone.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:we need to know who Deano's backers are, but what are the chances of us ever finding out?

John Whittaker is the main backer.

Is this fact ? Boggers if so he is a Billionaire also,

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Barb Dwyer wrote:Same place the car park money has gone.

So either the new owner doesn't have sufficient funds to run the club for the first month without flogging the training ground, I believe the car park money was supposedly used to pay wages, or the training ground money is going to pay off soft loans to the board, but I thought these had all been paid.

Something very worrying about this, smells like asset stripping to me.

Also noticed that Eddie had supposedly spoken directly to Tamaraz if you believe the press, so what has happened to Mr Birch, who has been very quiet since first coming to the club?

Has Eddie now lost faith in him, and his advice?

seems like we are now again at the mercy of Eddie and his whims, and unfortunately his decision making record is questionable given our current situation.

Birch was obviously brought in primarily to use his Portsmouth / Supporters' Direct connections to get the Truss set up quickly on ED's behalf.

Because let's face it, any of us could have fulfilled the role he was supposedly brought in to do, regarding dealing with prospective buyers.

I mean, how hard can it be to answer the phone and say: "Hello. No sorry, you can't look at the books yet. Call back in a couple of days and we'll let you know. Bye"........?

Candle Coal

Candle Coal
David Ngog
David Ngog

John Whittaker is another IOM tax exile so probably knows ED well. Has Rep as "Peel Holdings" for buying and developing with other people's/taxpayers money rather than his own. Sold Trafford Centre for Bonds payment instead of cash to avoid paying tax on the windfall, so don't expect any clarity in his financial dealings or money pumped in.He recently bought Hulton Park and put in a plan to build 1000 houses accessed from Chequerbent Roundabout.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome Candle, nice to see another new poster  Very Happy At least it sounds like he does have money as we all know Deano doesn't have any.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: we all know Deano doesn't have any.

Prove it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote: we all know Deano doesn't have any.

Prove it.
 ok he may have a few quid stashed away, he was a professional footballer after all but he wouldn't have earned the massive wages they do now.

He certainly doesn't have enough to run a football club that's for sure

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Especially the likes of us!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Candle Coal wrote:John Whittaker is another IOM tax exile so probably knows ED well. Has Rep as "Peel Holdings" for buying and developing with other people's/taxpayers money rather than his own. Sold Trafford Centre for Bonds payment instead of cash to avoid paying tax on the windfall, so don't expect any clarity in his financial dealings or money pumped in.He recently bought Hulton Park and put in a plan to build 1000 houses accessed from Chequerbent Roundabout.

Hello and welcome Candle.

Very informative first post, thank you.

If 'billionaire' Whittaker is pulling the strings of Holdsworth consortium do you think he would want the Supporters Trust sat with him telling him how to spend his money?

Nah me neither!

I do wonder though what the financial attraction of the club is to those behind Holdsworth bid is though?

Have you any views on what they might be?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's done is done, nowt we can do or say now will change things  all we can do now is to hope SS have sufficient funds to get us flying again, whatever we think right now is mere speculation.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We will be just ask skint when they take over. You mark my words.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 ok he may have a few quid stashed away, he was a professional footballer after all but he wouldn't have earned the massive wages they do now.

You utter bellend. Do you understand what a consortium is? Holdsworth is simply the front man, the face of the consortium because he's familiar with the club and its fans.

The guy or guys in the background will have the cash.

PM me for more business tips.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

You utter bellend. Do you understand what a consortium is? Holdsworth is simply the front man, the face of the consortium because he's familiar with the club and its fans.

The guy or guys in the background will have the cash.

PM me for more business tips.
I don't need business tips i work for the NHS, we like wasting money  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum