Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economy watch

+19
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bread2.0
bwfc71
karlypants
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Chairmanda
xmiles
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
okocha
scottjames30
NickFazer
gloswhite
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 22]

271Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:37 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:They also threatened something similar when we were were debating joining the Euro, pulling out if we didn't join the single currency. I imagine they feel the need to put some pressure on the UK government to retain access to the single market.
There's plenty of it about Nick, but we do need the single market in order to retain the inward investment of foreign companies that have set up their European bases here if only to secure the half a million jobs they currently provide us Brits with. Volume retail businesses like McDonald's and Starbuck's will stay here regardless because we're just fodder for them, but manufacturer's may think twice as their costs have rocketed especially when they are importing raw materials.
Here's the BBC take on how the negotiations at the G20 are going.

Basically all the world leaders are publicly saying we won't get an easy ride but obviously the politics/diplomatic overtures aren't necessarily going to be reflected in any actual deals we might enter into. And still we wait.....

272Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:53 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NickFazer wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Yes I agree that blocks of countries can cooperate in  all all manner of things more effectively than one nation by itself, I just don't think that you need to create a superstate with a single currency, a parliament, a commission, a president, several presidents actually and a court of justice to achieve it. Its a difficult road to go down, especially when the member nations are so culturally and  economically diverse.

So the US is a failure? Never mind Canada, China, Australia or even Germany which are countries made up of varying different "states"/countries that have joined together.

You could add to that the UK, Italy, Spain and Belgium, all of these in the past have been sovereign states or parts of different nations or various empires in the past. The difference is that they have some cultural or economic ties that makes the arrangement sensible and that they are relatively few in number or in size or are under the yoke of a military or (usually unpleasant) political regime. What the EU is trying to achieve is a bloc of nations that don't to any great degree share cultural or economic ties and impose shared values, justice system and economics. When it was 9 members (EEC) that politically and economically were similar and restricted the areas it concerned itself with you could argue that it was successful, I feel that it has overreached in expanding the number of members and in its integrationist ambitions.

What is the cultural tie between New Mexico (which was land bought from Mexico and they spoke Spanish and had same economy as Mexico) and Hawaii which was bought of us British when we were almost bankrupt due to the Empire bleeding us dry (which was British in nature, and for most part is still) or New York which was aa Dutch outpost until we traded Suriname for New Amsterdam, and what about current trends such as the Bible-Belt mid-West are they the same as New Jersey, or oil rich Texas or richest state of California, which has a GBP higher than many countries or what about the wastelands of the US were the desert - culturally they are all different but they all joined together to create a union - they all have their own laws as well as Federal Laws, they all have their own Parliaments as well as the Federal Parliament which we all know about - even the individual state economies are very different from farming economies to financial economies to oil economies.  And yet the US are not happy they want to influence the rest of the world with the "US" way of politics, and capitalism.

But these differences can also be seen in present day Canada which has to contend with the French speaking states, and then there is Australia were each state is different from each other and China that has so many different states and each state is different from each other again from farming in the rice fields to the mountainous regions that has a tourist economy to Hong Kong which is the richest part of Chin due to the finance industry!

273Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:18 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everything's looking good, all the lies and rubbish the remain camp sputtered out has yet to happen.

I think we're more respected around the world due to Brexit, Donald Trump said it was an amazing thing that the British people stood up to a failed EU.

274Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:34 pm

Teresa May backing out of the points based immigration pledge today.

I'm really struggling to see what Brexiters can claim to have gained from the referendum at this point.

275Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Teresa May backing out of the points based immigration pledge today.

I'm really struggling to see what Brexiters can claim to have gained from the referendum at this point.

saw that and old Nigel is worried. The argument mentioned on the BBC report i read about there being more immigration in Australia under the points system doesn't make sense.

Australia is still under populated for such a massive country and they are still actively looking for skilled people to emigrate, so yes their immigration is bound to be higher.

276Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:02 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets not turn our back on what the Majority voted for, eh.

277Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Think it's too late Scott, most of what 'The Majority' voted for seems to have been backed out of.

278Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:23 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Farage will come back to sort them, I think they're still getting over the result.
We're still paying millions of tax payers money to the EU, so they better hurry the fuck up.

279Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:27 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Lets not turn our back on what the Majority voted for, eh.
At the risk of repeating myself, what did they vote for Scott?

Nobody seems to agree what they voted for so if nobody knows what it is, how can anyone turn their back on it?

280Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:42 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Nobody seems to agree what they voted for so if nobody knows what it is, how can anyone turn their back on it?
I voted for - to scrap the open door policy, Millions upon Millions of people can just come in from all of the four corners of Europe, we need to control Migration.

To stop paying 34 million pounds a day ( of tax payers money ) into the EU.

Let's just hope David Davis gets his points across for Brexit.

281Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I voted for - to scrap the open door policy, Millions upon Millions of people can just come in from all of the four corners of Europe, we need to control Migration.

To stop paying 34 million pounds a day ( of tax payers money ) into the EU.

Let's just hope David Davis gets his points across for Brexit.
But neither of those things were what the electorate were voting on.

The vote was about whether or not we should remain a member of the European Union. 

I hope nobody is going to try and railroad through anything that's not to do with what we voted for.

282Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:Everything's looking good, all the lies and rubbish the remain camp sputtered out has yet to happen.

I think we're more respected around the world due to Brexit, Donald Trump said it was an amazing thing that the British people stood up to a failed EU.

We haven't left the EU yet and we won't for at least two years.

283Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Everything's looking good, all the lies and rubbish the remain camp sputtered out has yet to happen.

I know, but we are leaving, and the remain party said it would be catastrophic if we did leave.

But everything seems fine.

284Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes.....because (and I'm typing this v e r y   s l o w l y now, in the vain hope that it might actually go in).....We haven't left yet.

285Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy.... Get this madman away from me.

286Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm

scottjames30 wrote:
xmiles wrote:

I know, but we are leaving, and the remain party said it would be catastrophic if we did leave.

We have left the EU yet.

287Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
xmiles wrote:

We have left the EU yet.
Now you are helping Scott's confusion even more. Very Happy

288Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Curve ball, let's see what he does with it.

289Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:50 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott is right. When the result was announced the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the end of the world within weeks.

That hasn't happened, quite the opposite.

290Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:19 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Scott is right. When the result was announced the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the end of the world within weeks.

That hasn't happened, quite the opposite.

Do you actually think we have left the EU?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum