Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Oxford

+22
MickTheMonkey
Norpig
Jack Russell
doffcocker
sunlight
bryan458
Bwfc1958
JAH
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
scottjames30
karlypants
gloswhite
terenceanne
King Bill
rammywhite
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

61Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 19:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

only just got back from the match, why do i bother? That was a spineless and embarrassing performance, we had only 3 shots and none on target, we were at home for Gods sake!

We have no goal threat whatsoever and the midfield is full of plodders, the prime example being Trotter, he is absolute garbage, i wish i did have a bottle to throw at him. Didn't understand why we had a reserve left back playing in midfield either?

Parky has to change his ways, we can't keep trying to scab a 1-0 every week by being so defensive, it didn't work for Freedman or Lennon and won't work for Parky either.

62Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 20:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just seen Parkinsons post match interview, fuck me he looks a beaten man, his body language is a world away from the start of the season, hardly looks at the camera or interviewer, rocks a lot, doesn't fill me with any confidence that he can turn this around, just get us somebody in who can organise and set a team up please.

63Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 20:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like a kid whose just plopped his pants,and is having to explain himself.

64Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 20:55

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Very raw and honest interview. The blokes not going get sacked, he'll be here for a while longer.

Come on Phil, sort it lad.

65Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 20:55

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Very raw and honest interview. The blokes not going get sacked, he'll be here for a while longer.

Come on Phil, sort it lad.

66Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 20:56

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Think there's an echo in here

67Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 21:08

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I listened at home on the Radio, and I frequently heard the Oxford fans singing their name. I assume it was Oxford as I know Bolton fans wouldnt be above that. However if it was Oxford it is pretty grim.

68Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 21:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should be sacked, his signings have been terrible. All of them.

69Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 21:40

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:He should be sacked, his signings have been terrible. All of them.
Beevers aside I have to agree, but it's the ones he inherited who need to take a good long look at themselves, today I saw the strangest decision from a pro footballer I have ever seen, Moxey chased a ball back, no player within 10 yards of him, simple back pass to Howard, puts it out for a throw in, what a player.

70Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 23:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When people ask me why I go to watch the Wanderers my usual answer is through hope and habit. After that performance  today hope has disappeared and I  now realise its a bad habit.
I thought that we were starting League 1 with an experienced and capable squad,bolstered by some good signings. But I can   now see I've been deluded. That performance was a disgrace. To call them journeymen is an insult to journeymen.  Oxford were journeymen - and we couldn't match them in skill, enthusiasm or fitness. They weren't even that good as  a set of footballers, but they showed us how to play. As someone on Radio Manchester said we were pants with knobs on. Certainly we played like a bunch of knobs.
There was no organisation, no threat in attack not a single moment of quality in the whole game from us. He used six 'strikers' in total and not one had a shot on target- the nearest we came to a goal was from a header over the bar from their central defender.
I can't see them offloading Parkinson- there's too much investment in him, too much effort went into prising him away from Bradford. There's a lot of nonsense talked about him- that he's the man for the job because 'he knows this league' What does that mean- that he's never been good enough to manage at a higher level, that he's managed some teams that have spent their lives playing in this league?.
I think all that stuff about 'knowing this league' is bollocks. He clearly doesn't! He couldn't even organise us well enough to beat the team he spent 5 years managing.
This myth of his experience has to be demolished. He clearly doesn't know this  or any other league and as far as I can see is a man with an undeserved reputation and nothing more. If he can't manage and organise us sufficiently well to beat Rochdale and Oxford- then we're damned for as long as he holds down the job. If he can't enthuse them  to perform well enough after that shambles at Rochdale then he's another third rate manager who'll do us even more damage than the parade of clowns who've 'managed' us since the fat crook went off to ply his trade elsewhere.
And I think he'll keep his job for a long time as Anderson pursued him for long enough before he prised him away from his previous club. Basically I think we're condemned to the basement for a long time.
Hope's gone and I wish I could break the habit - but it would be like cutting off my arm to stop supporting them. So I'll keep on punishing myself by going to virtually every match this season.
What a depressing thought!.

71Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 23:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

....and one thing more. Someone should explain to Spearing and Trotter that its rugby where you can't pass the ball forward. In football its not only allowed- it's positively encouraged. Perhaps they could practice it- passing the ball to a white shirt further up the pitch. Some good might come from it!!

72Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat Oct 01 2016, 23:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is easily the season ticket I've most regretted buying, and that's one hell of a statement.

Alright, we're still only 8th. Not exactly the whipping boys of the division as we have been various times in the past, but this league is just so shit.

In the past you could go to the Reebok and know that you'd see a bit of entertaining football at least from the opposition, if not by Bolton.

Every team that has played at our gaff this season has been utterly shit, yet in each case we've made fooking hard work of it.

73Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 00:33

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reality's well and truly biting now.

No Money = No Talent and that's where we are now.

In simple terms:

For some bizarre reason, Dean Holdsworth and his flight of fantasy vanity project Sports Shield doggedly pursued the purchase of BWFC and eventually won the day, despite Eddie The Twat repeatedly bending him over a barrel and demanding that he be made President For Life and retain a financial stranglehold over the club with his sneakily inserted caveats and clauses.

Holdsworth's main financial backer fucked off as soon as he got sight of the accounts and suddenly Ken Anderson, a football agent (Boo!) who had previously been banned from being a company director appeared on the radar and we were all supposed to believe that he was our saviour.

He then swiftly knifed Holdsworth in the back and fucked him off, replacing him with his son and set about reassuring us that all was well at BWFC.

At first he looked a bit awkward in interviews but then he quite soon realised that we were all so desperate for anything that remotely resembled good news after years of suffering Gartside and Davies lying their bollocks off to us as they steadily piled up the debt, he didn't actually have to do much at all in order to reassure the rank and file that he knew what he was doing.

Yes, so it took about 3 months to appoint a new manager, despite constant drip-fed releases from within the club about an appointment being imminent and we only actually got one about two weeks before the season started, but we still believed back then!

In Ken we trust!

And he delivered Parky....

An "experienced League One manager" who "knew his way around this division" and all that guff.

"Woo-Hoo!" we all cried, "We got da man!", despite swathes of Bradford fans informing us that he was a one-dimensional twat who relied on hoofing it up to a big man and who didn't have a Plan B.

Fuck off, Bradford fans, you bitter losers!

And then we were top after five games! The dream was on! Prem again in three seasons!

Erm, no........as it turns out, Parkinson's fucking useless, a fact irrefutably demonstrated by the fact that he signed a bunch of plodding shite and can't get them to string two passes together, Anderson is now doing an Eddie Davies (when did you last see him talking to the press after his initial burst of "I own a football club, me" enthusiasm?), Holdsworth's been relegated to a Gareth from The Office type role, where he hangs around trying to look like he's important and the accounts still haven't been filed, despite them being six months overdue.

We are up Shit Creek.

And we dropped the paddle a long time ago...

74Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 02:25

MickTheMonkey

David Ngog
David Ngog

Bradford fan here. We were gutted PP left. He'd picked us up and (unceremoniously) took us up. A major cup final and beating Chelsea. Awesome. It was all hard to watch though - lumping it to big Jim. He improved us year on year but it was HARD TO WATCH.

When he left we were numb. How could he do it? It was like an unspectacular girlfriend who was good at blow jobs saying there were no more blow jobs.

PP was the tonic City needed at the time and whilst we were staggered he decided to leave, he isn't missed. Far from it. We play attractive flowing football and for the first time since the Prem I believe we're going somewhere. Not under Parky though. Good luck BWFC

75Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 04:20

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MickTheMonkey wrote:Bradford fan here. We were gutted PP left. He'd picked us up and (unceremoniously) took us up. A major cup final and beating Chelsea. Awesome. It was all hard to watch though - lumping it to big Jim. He improved us year on year but it was HARD TO WATCH.

When he left we were numb. How could he do it? It was like an unspectacular girlfriend who was good at blow jobs saying there were no more blow jobs.  

PP was the tonic City needed at the time and whilst we were staggered he decided to leave, he isn't missed. Far from it. We play attractive flowing football and for the first time since the Prem I believe we're going somewhere. Not under Parky though. Good luck BWFC

Thanks for that. An interesting read.

76Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Reality's well and truly biting now.

While I agree with the majority of your post, this isn't about money.

As I've said recently, in this league 90% of the clubs have a budget the same or less than ours. The difference between us and the rest is we seem to have a manager who wouldn't know a good player if it smacked him in the face.

Every signing he's made has been awful. Absolutely shit. Coupled with an unhealthy obsession with hoofing it long we are in the shit big time. If Anderson had anything about him he'd get shut now.

77Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:When people ask me why I go to watch the Wanderers my usual answer is through hope and habit. After that performance  today hope has disappeared and I  now realise its a bad habit.
I thought that we were starting League 1 with an experienced and capable squad,bolstered by some good signings. But I can   now see I've been deluded. That performance was a disgrace. To call them journeymen is an insult to journeymen.  Oxford were journeymen - and we couldn't match them in skill, enthusiasm or fitness. They weren't even that good as  a set of footballers, but they showed us how to play. As someone on Radio Manchester said we were pants with knobs on. Certainly we played like a bunch of knobs.
There was no organisation, no threat in attack not a single moment of quality in the whole game from us. He used six 'strikers' in total and not one had a shot on target- the nearest we came to a goal was from a header over the bar from their central defender.
I can't see them offloading Parkinson- there's too much investment in him, too much effort went into prising him away from Bradford. There's a lot of nonsense talked about him- that he's the man for the job because 'he knows this league' What does that mean- that he's never been good enough to manage at a higher level, that he's managed some teams that have spent their lives playing in this league?.
I think all that stuff about 'knowing this league' is bollocks. He clearly doesn't! He couldn't even organise us well enough to beat the team he spent 5 years managing.
This myth of his experience has to be demolished. He clearly doesn't know this  or any other league and as far as I can see is a man with an undeserved reputation and nothing more. If he can't manage and organise us sufficiently well to beat Rochdale and Oxford- then we're damned for as long as he holds down the job. If he can't enthuse them  to perform well enough after that shambles at Rochdale then he's another third rate manager who'll do us even more damage than the parade of clowns who've 'managed' us since the fat crook went off to ply his trade elsewhere.
And I think he'll keep his job for a long time as Anderson pursued him for long enough before he prised him away from his previous club. Basically I think we're condemned to the basement for a long time.
Hope's gone and I wish I could break the habit - but it would be like cutting off my arm to stop supporting them. So I'll keep on punishing myself by going to virtually every match this season.
What a depressing thought!.

Top post, I only hope Anderson is reading.

Attendances have been pretty good considering the standard, the longer he leaves it the more chance of those fans giving up.

78Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bread2.0 wrote:Reality's well and truly biting now.

In simple terms:

For some bizarre reason, Dean Holdsworth and his flight of fantasy vanity project Sports Shield doggedly pursued the purchase of BWFC and eventually won the day, despite Eddie The Twat repeatedly bending him over a barrel and demanding that he be made President For Life and retain a financial stranglehold over the club with his sneakily inserted caveats and clauses.

Holdsworth's main financial backer fucked off as soon as he got sight of the accounts and suddenly Ken Anderson, a football agent (Boo!) who had previously been banned from being a company director appeared on the radar and we were all supposed to believe that he was our saviour.

He then swiftly knifed Holdsworth in the back and fucked him off, replacing him with his son and set about reassuring us that all was well at BWFC.

At first he looked a bit awkward in interviews but then he quite soon realised that we were all so desperate for anything that remotely resembled good news after years of suffering Gartside and Davies lying their bollocks off to us as they steadily piled up the debt, he didn't actually have to do much at all in order to reassure the rank and file that he knew what he was doing.

Yes, so it took about 3 months to appoint a new manager, despite constant drip-fed releases from within the club about an appointment being imminent and we only actually got one about two weeks before the season started, but we still believed back then!

In Ken we trust!

And he delivered Parky....

An "experienced League One manager" who "knew his way around this division" and all that guff.

"Woo-Hoo!" we all cried, "We got da man!", despite swathes of Bradford fans informing us that he was a one-dimensional twat who relied on hoofing it up to a big man and who didn't have a Plan B.

Fuck off, Bradford fans, you bitter losers!

And then we were top after five games! The dream was on! Prem again in three seasons!

Erm, no........as it turns out, Parkinson's fucking useless, a fact irrefutably demonstrated by the fact that he signed a bunch of plodding shite and can't get them to string two passes together, Anderson is now doing an Eddie Davies (when did you last see him talking to the press after his initial burst of "I own a football club, me" enthusiasm?), Holdsworth's been relegated to a Gareth from The Office type role, where he hangs around trying to look like he's important and the accounts still haven't been filed, despite them being six months overdue.

We are up Shit Creek.

And we dropped the paddle a long time ago...

Seems a pretty accurate assessment of the situation to me. Anderson owns a football club but he doesn't know what to do with it or the money to do anything effective even if he did know.

79Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

One of the painful things about all of this ,is that ,at the moment there are vital signs amongst the fans and they're becoming quite hostile.
 But that hostility, while it shows active concern, will slowly disappear and be replaced by indifference.
We'll stop caring about the plight of the club.
That already shows itself in the vast areas of empty seats at the stadium and that will only get worse.

80Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 08:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Seems a pretty accurate assessment of the situation to me. Anderson owns a football club but he doesn't know what to do with it or the money to do anything effective even if he did know.

Isn't this more to do with the manager than Anderson?

Anderson saved the club and brought an experienced manager to the club. I don't remember many complaints when Parkinson was announced.

I think Anderson has done all that can be expected of a Chairman, this mess is down to a shit manager and inept players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum