Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Oxford

+22
MickTheMonkey
Norpig
Jack Russell
doffcocker
sunlight
bryan458
Bwfc1958
JAH
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
scottjames30
karlypants
gloswhite
terenceanne
King Bill
rammywhite
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

81Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 09:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only hope we have is when Madine comes back, at least he's physical.

82Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 09:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

some great posts above especially Rammys, i agree with them all. It is down to Parky i'm afraid and he doesn't help himself does he? Far too negative at home and we need to be pressing teams.

Our midfield is completely pedestrian, when we do break it's far too slow, can you see us scoring a goal like Oxfords second yesterday? No pace and no guile and he seems to want to pack midfield with defensive type players and see if we can nick a goal from somewhere (sound like any other recent managers?). I said it before but why play Taylor in midfield, he is a left back isn't he?

83Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 09:49

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:The only hope we have is when Madine comes back, at least he's physical.

Madine played yesterday.

#shitfan

84Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 09:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he actually played fairly well, he won every header but the supply line from midfield is non existent. If we can get him and Clough fully fit then we may at least look like scoring now and again

85Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 10:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The only hope we have is when Madine comes back, at least he's physical.

Madine played yesterday.

#shitfan

But he's been absent, he is the only player that can mix it up.

#youchatboxwarrioryou

86Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 10:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Seems a pretty accurate assessment of the situation to me. Anderson owns a football club but he doesn't know what to do with it or the money to do anything effective even if he did know.

Isn't this more to do with the manager than Anderson?

Anderson saved the club and brought an experienced manager to the club. I don't remember many complaints when Parkinson was announced.

I think Anderson has done all that can be expected of a Chairman, this mess is down to a shit manager and inept players.

Yes I agree the dire performance on the field is down to Parkinson. Anderson saved the club but appears to be just one in a long line of rich men who buy football clubs as a vanity project and then don't know what to do with them - like Mike Ashley, who at least has lots of cash to splash about.

I didn't object to Parkinson's appointment because by the time we got him it was clear we were scaping the barrel to get anyone signed before the start of the season and I was prepared to give him a chance.

87Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 10:49

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Was so disappointed yesterday couldn't be bothered to comment when I got in but a few things crossed my mind.

On the way out of the ground I said to the youngest that for the first time in years I didn't want to go to the next game, she said we had to, so I guess we will keep turning up at least to the home games.

Last year we went to about half the away games, and could just about stomach watching us lose week in week out, laughing at how poor we are whilst the likes of Boro and Forest fans took the piss. It's a different prospect when it's Walsall and Bury, I fear to go to away games due to the embarrassment our club has become.

A few posters have hit the nail on the head with what the issue are IMO, our midfield has no creativity every pass is sideways or back, we are slow and pedestrian. There must be a better option in terms of a ball playing midfielder in the youth team than Trotter.

Parkinson gets until Christmas in my book, he either needs to find a way to play the ball better through the middle or play Madine and Proctor central and go back to hoof ball.

88Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Yes I agree the dire performance on the field is down to Parkinson. Anderson saved the club but appears to be just one in a long line of rich men who buy football clubs as a vanity project and then don't know what to do with them - like Mike Ashley, who at least has lots of cash to splash about.

But what more can a Chairman do than put a man in charge who is experienced at this level and did well at his previous club. Everyone knows choosing a manager is pot luck - at one club they can be brilliant, rubbish at the next.

89Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 12:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Everyone knows choosing a manager is pot luck - at one club they can be brilliant, rubbish at the next.

Yes, and do you not think there's also an element of that when it comes to signing players?

At this level, nobody really has £5m to spend on a player they really like the look of so it's generally just a case of taking a chance on various journeymen deemed not good enough by their previous clubs. Every so often, you get lucky and one of these failures comes good.

Yes, most of PP's signings have been disappointing up to now - although half of them haven't started a handful of games yet - but it's not easy wheeling and dealing at this level, and any manager that comes in will be up against the same thing.

90Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Yes, and do you not think there's also an element of that when it comes to signing players?

At this level, nobody really has £5m to spend on a player they really like the look of so it's generally just a case of taking a chance on various journeymen deemed not good enough by their previous clubs. Every so often, you get lucky and one of these failures comes good.

Yes, most of PP's signings have been disappointing up to now - although half of them haven't started a handful of games yet - but it's not easy wheeling and dealing at this level, and any manager that comes in will be up against the same thing.

I agree to a point, but most of the players signed by Parkinson can't even do the basics. Chris Taylor and Buxton look like Sunday league players and Ameobi has started 11 games in 3 years for a reason.

I could do better.

91Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 13:42

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What did Parkinson thought of this weeks `performance`?

92Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I took an eight year old to his very first game yesterday.

When he got home he threw up. Just about sums up the match.

93Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:04

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.

94Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.

I often look around and wonder why parents waste money taking young kids to games. It's shit for adults, so why wouldn't it be anything but shit for kids.

The little girl who sometimes sits next to me enjoys taking her socks off, then putting them back on, more than she enjoys the game.

95Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.
The little bastard ran up the WSU steps at a rate of knots,urging me to move faster.

He'll soon come to his senses.

Nat makes a decent point about kids. Those around me spend most of the game texting,or stuffing their faces.

96Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe it's the mums and dads who want to watch the game and just drag the kids along as they have no babysitter? Very Happy

97Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:13

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My mate used to take his daughter but that was only because he wound up being a weekend dad after his wife had an affair with her boss, so he had no choice.

He couldn't really pick her up in the morning then dump her on his parents while he went to the match so she started coming to the match.

And it was shit.

She hated it, my mate couldn't have a drink, none of us could swear and it put a real downer on things.

All because his wife couldn't keep her knickers on...

98Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wore short pants and a school cap once,in an attempt to get in cheap.

I think my pipe gave me away.

99Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm back to my old hopes that Ken turns around a sells the club again. Maybe to that Asian group rumored to be interested.
5 games ago all were happy...... Parky was Ken's man...the man he wanted ...BEN and others all smiles because we signed a bunch of players in the window.
5 games later it's Parky out and all shite all around......you gotz to love football. Very Happy

100Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 15:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't put into words just how bad yesterday was and yes Parkinson takes the rap, however turn the clock back and it was Lennon who was clueless no it was Freeman surely he was pants, Coyle sucked remember, through all of this the constant factor is actually the PLAYERS.

Ok we have to buy at the left over table, that again is no excuse look at Bury & Scunthorpe doesn't stop them.

Our established players do not deliver, Pratley, Mavies, Moxey, Trotter even Spearing with his pedigree can't deliver, then you look at the youth well most have been moved on, but Vela and even Clough they do not add value they think they are better than they have proved to be.

Other than the centre halves no one is pulling his weight. We play with ten men because we carry Trotter, sometimes 9 men because we carry Vela, no movement, no guile in midfield no width, leaves us impotent, no one runs from deep, no one drives midfield like say Mcateer did. 

The strikers are sub standard they are 1 in 5 men at best, presently we are in relegation form in this league even shit teams can put a winning run together, if we can do that then we will be ok if not then Saturday becomes a reality and a marker for the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum