Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest on administration - Updated See Post #109

+15
gloswhite
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
King Bill
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Bread2.0
terenceanne
karlypants
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Chairmanda
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i saw Anderson Jr outside the ground a few weeks ago, he couldn't have looked more like a used car salesman if he tried. Loads of rings on and a flashy suit

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:You do know that Superagent73 is Lee Anderson, right?

Ken's lad.

So whilst he may be "in the loop", he's definitely only hearing one side of the story.

I would have thought if a deal had been 'done' he would be in the loop for all of it?

Anyway this is what Iles tweeted since -

Much of dispute between KA and DH has been down to funds guaranteed (by both) when Football League ratified deal. Hear DH unhappy about idea of sale but also appreciates risk to club financial future without business plan. Hopefully, an uneasy truce has been called.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watch out, Saudis about

Boggersbelief wrote:Watch out, Saudis about
Preferred beadle.

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can we expect new owners before the next League game?

This has come to a head conveniently in this large break in our league fixtures.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ken's lad.

So whilst he may be "in the loop", he's definitely only hearing one side of the story.
That's one side more than the rest have, and from previous info Iles also has access to DH. So I trust Iles not to be anyone's stooge so SA73's endorsement implies that what he is reporting is accurate.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:Can we expect new owners before the next League game?

This has come to a head conveniently in this large break in our league fixtures.
And hopefully conveniently for the transfer window,

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i feel a bit sorry for Deano, he came flying in on his white charger all fired up and KA has pissed on his chips and left him out in the cold.

I would like to see him still involved in the club in some capacity when he sells his shares.
I believe a compromise has been reached and his new position has been agreed.
Latest on administration - Updated See Post #109 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxbwRTJ8uwzYTqDBDiDKNpGpP2SKOG_6HESdYHf_JaO5a1Qkt-

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:

Ken's lad.

That's one side more than the rest have, and from previous info Iles also has access to DH. So I trust Iles not to be anyone's stooge so SA73's endorsement implies that what he is reporting is accurate.

Yeah, cos Anderson would never feed Iles his preferred narrative in order to get it out there to the fans and garner support for his actions, would he....?

And as for Iles not being anyone's stooge, about a week after he died, he admitted that Gartside intimidated him into publishing fluff pieces and "Don't worry, everything's great!" articles from Day One right up to the point where they had to admit that the club was going bust.

He's not stupid and he knows which side his bread's buttered on and it's clear that Holdsworth's a spent force here, so who's he going to favour?

So yeah, you can trust Iles all the way........

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

whatsgoingon wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Can we expect new owners before the next League game?

And hopefully conveniently for the transfer window,
Yes, my thoughts too.

We're probably being too optimistic.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Ken's lad.

Yeah, cos Anderson would never feed Iles his preferred narrative in order to get it out there to the fans and garner support for his actions, would he....?

And as for Iles not being anyone's stooge, about a week after he died, he admitted that Gartside intimidated him into publishing fluff pieces and "Don't worry, everything's great!" articles from Day One right up to the point where they had to admit that the club was going bust.

He's not stupid and he knows which side his bread's buttered on and it's clear that Holdsworth's a spent force here, so who's he going to favour?

So yeah, you can trust Iles all the way........
Keep trotting out all the negativity and eventually you'll get one right and then you can then rejoice in your "I told you so's"

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's also possibly that Deano is seeing us promoted back to the champs....therefore his shares will be worth more in any sale after that. Possibly that's the reason he is holding out?
If we went belly up then I believe Deano's shares won't be worth a plate of fish n chips. So somat is stopping him from turning them over.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How am I being negative?

Again, like earlier, I'm just pointing out facts.

Why are you so defensive about all this?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Just spoke to DH, who says no deal yet finalised. But added: "I can't let it get to the stage where people's jobs are under threat."

He added: "I do not want to leave. But this is not about me winning or losing. Club belongs to fans. We will see what happens."

More in the paper tomorrow apparently.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

So, and humour me here, this has all come to a head, very quickly, because:

A. KA wants to own the club,
B. KA is fed up paying for everything.
C. Things are being tidied up, ready for a sale
D. Another reason that nobody has a clue about.
E. The ST are taking over the world.

Anyone got a timetable for this latest round of speculation?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ST are powerless at the moment. They're consulting their legal team after Sluffy accused them of being partly responsible for the sinking of the Titanic.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:So, and humour me here, this has all come to a head, very quickly, because:

A. KA wants to own the club,
B. KA is fed up paying for everything.
C. Things are being tidied up, ready for a sale
D. Another reason that nobody has a clue about.
E. The ST are taking over the world.

Anyone got a timetable for this latest round of speculation?

It's come to a head because Holdsworth can't pay his end of the partnership, had agreed to sell his shares to Anderson and at the last possible moment ducked out of the agreement.

If Anderson has to pay for everything he's threatened to (not unreasonably) pull out - leaving Holdsworth shares worthless.

I don't believe there is a buyer right now - because what difference would it mean to them if they were dealing with one seller or two - providing they got control of the club.  In fact it would probably even be better for Anderson to sell now and leave the buyer to deal with Holdsworth's minority shareholding than to deal with all the shit himself!

The only reason I see the hand of the ST in this (apart from them having been in Holdsworth camp right from day one and vehemently anti Anderson) is the way the timing of baulking at the agreement was done at the last possible moment to cause Anderson the maximum embarrassment (cancelling his publicly trailed Q and A) and the lack of any realistic business sense in actually walking away from a deal with Anderson who actually has all the aces in his hands (plus being the only one with any money) in the first place!

Typical ST type behaviour in my opinion.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One item I find interesting is that all this has to be settled in time for a meeting with the FA on Thursday. Why ?  What is so important that everything has to be agreed ? Are the FA going to deliver yet another ultimatum ?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saved: Bolton Wanderers back from brink of administration after share deal is brokered

Bolton Wanderers appear to have been pulled back from the brink of administration once again after a share deal was brokered last night.

Chairman Ken Anderson claims he has agreed in principle to buy Dean Holdsworth’s stake in the club, effectively making the Switzerland and Monaco-based businessman its sole owner.

Anderson confirmed to The Bolton News yesterday that unless he could strike a deal, the club would not be able to afford staff and player salaries next month, or to pay their outstanding creditors. Wanderers’ operating costs are around £800,000 a month and they also owe £150,000 to stadium sponsors Macron for kit and equipment.

Anderson claims to have a business plan in place which will see the company trade as normal for the rest of the season, should the transaction go ahead as planned today.

It has been strongly rumoured that outside investors are poised to inject funds into the club once he becomes sole owner.

He will meet with the Football League on Thursday and is also scheduled to speak with auditors Deloitte to enable overdue accounts for 2015 to be signed off, thus avoiding a potential criminal charge.

Anderson has confirmed Holdsworth will stay on in an ambassadorial role, adding: “I am looking forward to working with him in the future.”

Former striker Holdsworth led a takeover bid earlier this year to buy the club from Eddie Davies, seeing his plan ratified at the last possible moment by The Football League.

Speaking exclusively to The Bolton News last night, the 48-year-old admitted his decision was being made with a heavy heart.

“I worked very hard to save the club,” he said. “But it is not about winning or losing for me. It is about the fans having a club to support, so we will wait and see what happens.”

Anderson had admitted for the first time yesterday that administration was being contemplated, which would carry with it an instant 12-point penalty for the club.

“It would be a last resort,” he said. “But if we do not reach an agreement there would be no alternative but to appoint an administrator.

“If I don’t put the money in, or Dean, then the club won’t get to the end of next month. Creditors and salaries are due.

“If there is an agreement, we carry on trading as normal.

“It is such a shame to be talking like this when everything else is going so well.”

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust has said it will take a watching brief as matters unfold.

“In light of The Bolton News’ article regarding the possibility of administration, we are currently monitoring the situation and will make comment when matters become clearer,” a statement read.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it does sound like Deano is skint and can't afford to continue funding the club and KA has forced his hand by threatening administration if he doesn't sell him his shares. KA must have the money needed at least for now and didn't fancy forking out unless he was sole owner

I know Deano won't win businessman of the year anytime soon but his heart is in the right place and i would like to see him stay involved somehow

Whats the betting the ST starts trying to butter up KA now and tries to buy a small stake?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum