Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already?

+11
Keegan
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:The minute the Olympics are over we will never hear of these people again. Good.

What a load of crap, I think even you must agree the likes of Ian Thorpe, Stephen Redgrave and Usain Bolt are a little bit more famous and adored than say.. Chris Eagles, Tyrone Mears or David N'gog.

If you become an Olympic legend you are never forgotten about or unheard of..

This thread looks like a major troll attempt

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Numpty 28723 wrote:I really don't see why "Having a Good Old Moan" isn't a recognised Olympic event yet anyway. It's our national sport and deserves to be included. Sort it out, Coe!

And angling.

Not as silly as it may seem - did you know that Lancastrian John Copley is the oldest ever Olympic medal winner - he did it at age 73 and he won it in the 'engravings and etchings competition' - seriously!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Olympic_Games

(Can't ever believe angling will ever make it though! Very Happy )

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lofty_Love wrote:This thread looks like a major troll attempt

Well, if it's in that major bracket... I'm in!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:I really don't see why "Having a Good Old Moan" isn't a recognised Olympic event yet anyway. It's our national sport and deserves to be included. Sort it out, Coe!

And angling.

Not as silly as it may seem - did you know that Lancastrian John Copley is the oldest ever Olympic medal winner - he did it at age 73 and he won it in the 'engravings and etchings competition' - seriously!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Olympic_Games

(Can't ever believe angling will ever make it though! Very Happy )

Well actually, I'm not into angling at all but there's hope yet if I can train up a bit on the old engraving.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Of course i can accept it. But it's the boy who cried wolf syndrome. Someone who posts a negative post about absolutely everything or about 99% of the time will be treated as if they're trolling 99% of the time.

You utter bastard! I was a 98% troll half an hour ago, and now I'm 99%!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would you believe it, angling was in there as well, back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angling_at_the_1900_Summer_Olympics

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am definitely watching the opening ceremony - which starts at 9m and goes on until after 1am!!!!

The director is Danny Boyle who, as a child, attended Thornleigh Salesian College, still supports Bolton Wanderers and still has close links to his family and visits Radcliffe as often as he can!!!

Apart from that, not really bothered.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I am definitely watching the opening ceremony - which starts at 9m and goes on until after 1am!!!!

The director is Danny Boyle who, as a child, attended Thornleigh Salesian College, still supports Bolton Wanderers and still has close links to his family and visits Radcliffe as often as he can!!!

4 hours of budgies on bikes? You fool.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:The director is Danny Boyle who, as a child, attended Thornleigh Salesian College, still supports Bolton Wanderers and still has close links to his family and visits Radcliffe as often as he can!!!

I'm in!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I am definitely watching the opening ceremony - which starts at 9m and goes on until after 1am!!!!

It is going to be much more than just budgies - thats is the only clip allowed to be shown on TV. From what I have heard there are going to be a lot of surprises during the ceremony.

Don't forget Danny Boyle brought Trainspotting to the big screen as well as the multi-award winning Slumdog Millionaire!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

It is going to be much more than just budgies

Cockatoos? I'm in if there's cockatoos on skateboards.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

It is going to be much more than just budgies - thats is the only clip allowed to be shown on TV. From what I have heard there are going to be a lot of surprises during the ceremony.

Don't forget Danny Boyle brought Trainspotting to the big screen as well as the multi-award winning Slumdog Millionaire!

Who? I thought he meant the guy who played that speccy-eyed wizard wannabe, Harry Potter!

bwfc71 wrote:Don't forget Danny Boyle brought Trainspotting to the big screen as well as the multi-award winning Slumdog Millionaire!

So why should someone who made a film about a bunch of Scottish druggies be good at staging an opening ceremony?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Don't forget Danny Boyle brought Trainspotting to the big screen as well as the multi-award winning Slumdog Millionaire!

So why should someone who made a film about a bunch of Scottish druggies be good at staging an opening ceremony?

I would advise you to look at the list of films he has produced and other productions - he definietly has the pedigree to stage something spectacular.

i caught my son chris wanking off to Chris hoy on tv last night. yes, i'm sick of the olimpics

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am not sick of the Olympics! I am looking forward to the opening ceremony and the Olympics...

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I saw a preview of the opening ceremony last night. The theme is budgies on bikes. I kid you not.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh god, please.

I'm sick of childish iconoclasts who spout nonsense like this every time there's an event on.

It was the same during the Jubilee.

"FUCK THE QUEEN"

"who gvs a sht bt the wnqen"

plastered all over facebook.

It really is embarrassing.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just let everyone else enjoy a fantastic occasion.

This.

I accept that Natasha isn't interested in handball, no problem, but I don't give a shit about her precious 60p.

Someone mentioned shops opening for longer as a gripe. How is that a problem?!?!?!?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
I don't expect to hear your opinion on any of the events considering you're an ardent anti olympics individual.

Lets face it the real truth is you will be watching it just like the rest of us, you just want to give it the big one on a forum like a nob.

lol!

You tell her Hipster, I suspect she has had a big telly and illegal scrambler installed on Lady Natasha so she can enjoy the Greco-Roman wrestling on the slu as she gives it the effete snob routine up and down the British waterways network.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Apart from that, not really bothered.

Bloody well said Amos. Local lad done good!

I just hope that humiliating 15 minutes London got at the closing ceremony in Beijing isn't repeated, that was an absolute embarrassment, some pac-a-mac red London bus, Leona Lewis on a big column, Beckham, and Jimmy Page in 'hairy biker' gear. That was a shameful advertisement for Britain, it was truly awful.

Last edited by largehat on Fri 27 Jul - 15:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : By 'local lad done good!' I mean Danny Boyle, not Amos)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum