Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already?

+11
Keegan
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One of the events my daughter and I will be attending later in the week.

Saw ladies Handball at the Copper Box yesterday - fantastic - the venue, the games (saw two), the crowd, the atmosphere - everything.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We've just won our first gold. Womens rowing pairs. Not bad for 2 women.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We've just won our first gold. Womens rowing pairs. Not bad for 2 women.

I thought you liked women?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I thought you liked women?

What made you think that?

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bit sexist that Bernard eh?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Your conviction for flashing at women in the park.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Aug 01 2012, 17:05; edited 1 time in total

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Another gold, in cycling this time from Bradley Wiggins.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

jayjay23 wrote:Bit sexist that Bernard eh?

Yes. True though.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Your conviction for flashing at women in the park.

I only do that to you.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Has anyone else looked into these eight badminton players who were disqualified for losing on purpose, not sure what to think:

Yes its not in the spirit of the game and people have paid good money to watch them and it certainly shouldn't be allowed in the future, the rules need to be changed..

but..

They broke no rules and they only did it because that would result in them getting an easier opponent in the next round and thus having a better chance of a medal (lose the battle win the war type thing)

Now obviously its ridiculous that they did it, but surely its the governing bodys ultimate fault for having such a stupid loophole in their rules, should it really be allowed for competitors to be thrown out of the games despite not breaking any rules?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
Now obviously its ridiculous that they did it, but surely its the governing bodys ultimate fault for having such a stupid loophole in their rules, should it really be allowed for competitors to be thrown out of the games despite not breaking any rules?

Yes. When they're clearly trying to gain an advantage by losing they deserve everything they get. That's not the Olympic spirit!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes. When they're clearly trying to gain an advantage by losing they deserve everything they get. That's not the Olympic spirit!

Yeh thats what everyone keeps saying but then surely the Olympic spirit is to win gold, and their best chance of doing that was to lose.

I think im leaning more toward blaming the governing body for having such idiotic rules.

I mean imagine if it was football and the rules changed one year (champions league or something), and say if a team won their last group match they had to play Barcelona next round, but if they lost they played Ajax AND the rules said it was fine to throw the match, they would lose, because its not each game that matters, its what you get in the end.

Of course I have no respect for the players, but they did play within the rules.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Or, an even better question:

If the rules men't that Bolton had to lose to Stoke on the last day to stay up, would you be upset if they did?

(impossible obviously but then the rules of this badminton tournament seem pretty ridiculous)

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team GB go through to the QF after beating Uruguay 1-0 (Sturridge with the goal)

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with Natasha about the badminton players being chucked out.

It brings shame upon themselves, their countries and the integrity of the Olympic games to tolerate this kind of thing.

If I had paid good money to watch that I would have expected nothing else.

I don't want to get into comparisons with football or anything else, LL, because the Olympics are unique and special.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't forget to be flying your North Korean flags for the Team GB footie game on Saturday!

Wink

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching Peter Wilson in the men's double trap final - clay pigeon shooting with shotguns. Currently on course for the gold. Good lad.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

16 shots to go, he has a 3 shot lead over his nearest competitor. He's hit 174 out of 184, best score out of 200.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's done it!!! Our third gold!!!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gold and silver in the canoeing and we've just got silver in the womens judo. Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum