Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already?

+11
Keegan
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good God, they are shameless aren't they? Absolutely disgraceful article. Manipulative bastards.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seb Coe has personally apologised to the North Korean's for the flag gaffe.

To show them how sorry he's taking them for an all you can eat buffet at Battersea Dogs home.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I went to see the rowing this morning.

A bit on the repetitive side if I'm truly honest but my daughter and I had a wonderful time and the atmosphere was fantastic.

The organisation was really good to but there were one or two little niggles, the main being that it was suggested to people attending that they might like to bring empty water bottles to fill inside the event itself - you could not take liquids in past security just like you can't at airports - what they didn't say was that they only provided two taps! The queues were horrendous and most people paid over the odds for bottled water at the many kiosks there - until they ran out because of the unexpected demand!

Anyway maybe they will sort this out for tomorrows visitors.

My highlight of the day was actually being with my daughter for the day - we even got to see a world record being set too.

Well that’s rowing ticked off my list - more events to come though for us!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Glad you had a good time, Sluffy. Was reading about the rowing lake the other day, it looks like a bloody airstrip from the air. Purpose built and owned by the posh sods at Eton.

Are You Sick Of The Olympics Already? - Page 4 800px-Dorney_Lake

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes it most certainly is.

The access to the event itself was via Windsor Race Course.

Quite a pleasant day out for a boy like me brought up on darts and dominoes in the smokey pubs of Halliwell (and Smithills at a push!).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds terrific.

I watched the GB women's basketball (on the tele i mean of course!) last night and the atmosphere was fantastic. Good effort by the ladies too.

Also loving the action in the swimming pool, terrific noise when the GB team are in the pool.

So far extremely enjoyable, and having the choice to pick what you want to watch is a great thing IMO.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just enjoyed some fencing.

Heidemann v Shin.

The German won in the final second. In fact they're still arguing about it and neither fencer has left the stage. I love controversy.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just watched Britain win a bronze in a nail-biting slugfest against the Ukranians in the men's gymnastics team final.

And just as I type we've been upgraded to silver after a Jap fucked up on the final piece of apparatus (pommel horse).

Are you no longer sick of the Olympics then Nat? Have you been won over?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Fencing.

Channel 466 if you want to catch the drama. Still no decision on who won and the Korean coach looks like he's going to twat someone.

Was Silver Largehat, was absolutely quality to watch that, never given two shits about gymnastics before today.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lol, and now there's a big inquest at the gymnastics too.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And after the stewards enquiry GB get demoted to bronze. Lots of booing in the O2 arena, haha Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just heard Gary Lineker introduce Ian Thorpe as the "Thorpeado"

But said far too slowly "Thope... Peado"

Excruciating.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have been watching 466 for about half an hour, just before the German girl disappeared. This is awesome television. I love shit like this.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I have been watching 466 for about half an hour, just before the German girl disappeared. This is awesome television. I love shit like this.

Me too. It's now being held up because the Korean coach hasn't got enough cash in his wallet to pay for an appeal!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh well, looks like the Korean girl was robbed doesn't it? We must now all hope that the German gets her liver diced in the gold medal match.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened in the end, was the appeal turned down?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, after an hour and a half of her sitting there, the appeal was rejected. She then had to compete in the bronze medal match about 10-15 minutes later, against the world number one from PRC. She got off a great start but lost 15-11. The Chinese girl was about a foot taller than her.

The final between the German and the Ukrainian went to sudden death, the Ukrainian won. Something like 7-6.

I'm currently watching GB vs Algeria in the womens' volleyball.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely loved the volleyball last night, what an effort by the ladies.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yep, it was great. Algeria 53 places above GB in the world rankings. Have some of that. Late finish though, 12:40am.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum