Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SPEARING signed on loan!!! Merged threads.

+21
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
inf
Born to be a wanderer
Lyric Todkill
Michael Bolton
Mallorca Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Mr White
JakeSnake
doffcocker
terenceanne
wanderlust
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok just twitter for now but apparently Liverpool are asking £3 million for Spearing.

He was at one time highly regarded by Liverpool - but so to was Neil Mellor and look what happened to him!

With Coyle playing Sordell and Mills he probably needs another million pound signing to sit on the bench!

Anybody happy about this (possible) news?

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Aug 30 2012, 17:21; edited 3 times in total

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Ok just twitter for now but apparently Liverpool are asking £3 million for Spearing.

nope... that's it. not a fucking chance!

Bolton want him, Bolton wont pay for him... we wanted him for bugger all for a season.

plus now, premier league clubs will be on to it so we are way down the pecking order...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well Liverpool fans seemed to really like him, but reading comments under youtube videos apparently he had a real stinker of a season last time out.

IMO he looks and plays like a poor mans Danny Murphy.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never seen him play, but we're going to need another midfielder soon because eventually Coyle will realise Mark Davies is useless.

I'd try and sign Charlie Adam on loan myself, he'd be decent at this level.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jay Spearing: surplus to requirements at Anfield

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sloth: antagonist in 1985 adventure flick 'The Goonies'

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Goonies is one of the best films ever, don't insult it with shite like that.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You're right, I should stick to insulting you from now on.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Largehat, this thread has NOTHING to do with Blackburn, why post a picture of Bolton Hater in it? Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Spearing could do a job for us. Price is about right. I'd offer 2 and settle somewhere in the middle if poss.
He's still young too ...23?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Watched him play last night in Liverpool's Euro game. Did a few decent passes that sliced through the defense. Something Mavies does not produce. Anyway it was hard to say if he was any good..... then he was subbed off. So give them 1 mill and run.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd like to see a bit more imagination in how we go about bringing players in. Clearly we don't have much of a scouting system anymore - if it's not on our doorstep, is it not worth touching? Coyle has made 28 signings, only 6 of which were overseas.

Paying millions for Jay Spearing would be a typically underwhelming Coyle signing.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched Mavies bust Swansea wide open at the Reebok last season with a defence splitting 50 yard pass.

I'd consider Spearing on loan, but not on a permanent deal, simply because he's not good enough for the PL.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

The deal is an initial loan with a view to a permanent transfer.... I still think we need another striker

Mr White

Mr White
David Ngog
David Ngog

Spearing has not done well for Liverpool. Whether that's because of Dalglish not being up to the job and using 20 year old motivational tactics, or because he's not very good, I don't know.

When Dalglish was manager of Liverpool first time round, he got the players together at the end of the season and asked them which players had been their most difficult opponents the previous season.

They said John Aldridge, John Barnes and Ray Houghton. So he signed them all.

That's the level of football genius Spearing has been operating under.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers have been asked to stump up £3million by Liverpool for Jay Spearing.

After pursuing a loan deal for the midfielder since last week, the Whites have now been told to come up with hard cash as the Reds look to fund a move for Fulham’s Clint Dempsey.

Talks took place between the two clubs yesterday morning in an effort to come to a compromise before the weekend, with Wanderers understood to have offered £1.5m.

But as The Bolton News went to press last night no deal had been struck, and with Liverpool hoping that other clubs will get involved, an improved offer looks likely to be submitted today.

Owen Coyle is desperate to land a midfield ball-winner but is also tracking a number of other options ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline.

Spearing was selected in the Reds squad for last night’s Europa League game at Hearts but has been told he must find first team football elsewhere by manager Brendan Rogers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LOL, Jay Spearing. What a joke. I can see Bolton going down this season. Spearing or Kazim-Richards???? LOL.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A liverpool fan put a list of games Spearing played in last season...well the ones they won. I'm not saying they won because of him but there was some pretty good teams that they beat when he played, United and Tottenham I think were 2 of them.

I think 3 is about fair to be honest, though I still don't think he is the hard man midfielder coyle is looking for.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he'd played for us last night we wouldn't have conceded either goal as he is exactly the kind of player to close down shooters and track back with runners.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have we even made a bid?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:though I still don't think he is the hard man midfielder coyle is looking for.

My Liverpool mate rates him highly and says he's like a bulldog in midfield. He could be full of shit though. Scousers usually are tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum