Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Any negativity is denied or ignored by this government and it’s supporters.

Good! There is way too much negativity in this country.

142How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 18:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
okocha wrote:A damning indictment of our increasingly despotic government:

The top civil servant in the Home Office has resigned and said he intends to sue the government for constructive dismissal.

Sir Philip Rutnam said there had been a "vicious and orchestrated" campaign against him in Home Secretary Priti Patel's office.

Sir Philip, who has had a career spanning 33 years, said he believed his experience was "extreme" but part of a "wider pattern" in government
He was a trouble maker he had to go and she gets things done, she will be pm one day.
Comment by a reporter on the Sophie Ridge show was that some people think he was no longer up to the job, (presumably coping with the change of pace and ways of working).

All part of the standard briefing against him of course.

It will be interesting to see what comes out in court.

I doubt very much it will get to court, it would be political dynamite if it did.

If you aren't really familiar with how Government works and what is potentially going on think of it as Malcolm Tucker from the 'Thick of it'...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074rc0/the-thick-of-it-series-1-episode-1

...meets Sir Humphrey Appleby from 'Yes Minister'.

The first is an unappointed political advisor/activist who isn't part of the elected government but has great sway over 'short term' political objectives - think Dominic Cunnings (or similarly Momentum in the Labour Party under Corbyn) and the second is an extremely intelligent permanent career officer whose job is to give professional advise and deliver such policies 'long term' in a way that doesn't 'damage' the country, think Sir Philip.

The tightrope the civil service walks is to deliver the polices of which ever shade of political party is in power at the time whilst using its 'influence' to limit 'bad things' happening - think of how Sir Humphrey stalled and blocked things for instance.

Obviously I'm using comedy programmes to give an idea of what is going on but this is a really major thing - unprecedented I would think, where I would think political 'extremism' has so publicly be shown to be challenged at the highest possible levels - Javid resigned as Chancellor and now Sir Philip as Permanent Secretary to the Home Office (both on opposite sides of the street so to speak in that Javid is an elected politician and Rutnam a career Civil Servant) and both have seeming rejected being used as marionette's to Cummings influence over the Conservative party leadership.

I've no doubt many top civil servants have been moved out over the decades, Rutnam rejected a financial sweetener to go quietly, so this is a much bigger story than a clash of personalities between Patel and Rutnam (he's not after the money, he wants to tell the world what is going on behind the scenes because he clearly believes it to be wrong and damaging).

There's going to be a load of spin now to limit such damage and marginalise and undermine Rutnum's credibility - indeed Sir Philip said as much in his resignation speech.

143How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 21:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Comment by a reporter on the Sophie Ridge show was that some people think he was no longer up to the job, (presumably coping with the change of pace and ways of working).
The "people" referred to are all Tory allies of Patel.

144How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 21:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:The "people" referred to are all Tory allies of Patel.

Bored. Have you considered looking into the Forest Green Rovers accounts?

145How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 22:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought Caroline Flack's suicide had led to an appeal for everyone to be kinder to each other, especially on social media platforms like this one. I'm looking for signs that this is happening.....

It has also been one of Boris' stated aims since the election, that we should try to bring a divided UK closer together and stop the enmity and hostility towards one another. I'm expecting Tories to support him on this principle.

146How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 01 2020, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bob got that gig, but I'm hoping he'll get bored and take up whittling. I find it very calming.

Last week I whittled a barn owl wearing a bowler hat.

147How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
So that's why they're facing extinction. It's folk like you who need to give up whittling 'em if we're going to keep the field mouse population under control.
Try whittling wood instead.

Out of interest, do you always wear a bowler hat whilst whittling?

148How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 03:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

149How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 08:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
So that's why they're facing extinction. It's folk like you who need to give up whittling 'em if we're going to keep the field mouse population under control.
Try whittling wood instead.

Out of interest, do you always wear a bowler hat whilst whittling?
This is no time for levity. I take my whittling seriously. 
I took it up after being disqualified from  the European speed chainsaw carving championships, after an incident in the semi final.
My opponent Steve, these days better known as Legless Steve, in carving circles, insisted I be banned from future championships.
Whittling has been a blessing to me.

150How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 09:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

151How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 10:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bob got that gig, but I'm hoping he'll get bored and take up whittling. I find it very calming.

Cool would love to see a barn owl wearing a bowler hat can you post a photo?

152How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 02 2020, 10:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Cool would love to see a barn owl wearing a bowler hat can you post a photo?How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Il_570xN.1719777787_a16c

153How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 01:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Cool would love to see a barn owl wearing a bowler hat can you post a photo?How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Il_570xN.1719777787_a16c
Don't want to appear rude, but have ever seen an actual barn owl Bonce?
They look a bit like this...
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQqw-DC6OMGMr2N0ljoCowZrbzSjhZyy4PFRl0n3HFZSF855BpO

....not to be confused with the much rarer meerowl....
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQyqTw56yjPGaVeBoES7ML0u-2D5Hn39qLvMYA68zTaz6MIMuAd

154How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 01:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone read the Government's "wishlist" for the upcoming negotiations? The fools have published it. - nice gesture to provide a checklist for comparison when the bloodbath is over.

155How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 10:34

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

They have very long legs do owls ,look under the feathers.

156How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 10:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes Lusty, I know what a barn owl looks like. Been an avid birdwatcher from the age of 15. Did you think I actually whittled?
You're in grave danger of taking me seriously. Even worse, of believing what I post. Very Happy

157How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 10:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Owl legs are one of the funniest things you will see.

158How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 10:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Owl legs are one of the funniest things you will see.
Have you seen Nat's legs?

159How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 10:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:They have very long legs do owls ,look under the feathers.
They're surprisingly long. Makes them even funnier.
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 D142b6f465058472dd66f46bcea5d1ac

160How is the Tory government doing? - Page 8 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 03 2020, 11:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Check out an adult  Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum