Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 48]

561Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:looks like even though Bolton have dropped down the list the rate is still going up? Doesn't look kike the local lockdown worked very well then did it?

My big worry is now where i live, all the local areas Sluffy posted about in the Uni thread are near me  Shocked

Sorry mate, I'd actually been amending my post above to answer the question you made whilst I was doing so.

Is it two great minds think alike or fools never differing?

Very Happy

562Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That is the part of all this that annoys me as well Sluffy. People keep banging on about how even if they get it it won't affect them so why care? 

They have no thought for anyone else they may encounter if they are positive and God forbid these people have elderly relatives or family members with existing conditions that are exacerbated by Covid-19.

563Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:My big worry is now where i live, all the local areas Sluffy posted about in the Uni thread are near me  Shocked

If I were in your shoes mate I'd try and think what would students (who seem to be the ones most prone to catch it and spread it on) be doing and how could I avoid them as best I could.

If say loads went into my local shops I'd try and shop somewhere else or get stuff delivered. If they catch the local bus as you, I'd walk or go by other means if I could or if I couldn't make sure I was near a window with fresh air coming into me rather than sitting behind people breathing theirs in. I've even bought a razer and shave my own head since the virus as I don't fancy waiting in the barbers for my turn these days (and that I usually have it shaved anyway so I don't look that much different having done it myself!

Maybe I'm being over cautious and OTT but if I was worried how else could I lower the odds about potentially catching it?

Also your good wife and kids must do somewhat similar too, otherwise what's the point of swerving your corner shop or store if they are piling in there every five minutes and bringing back what they picked up home to you - and I don't just mean the shopping!

You are almost certainly at an age and I assume in good health not to be bowled over if you did catch the virus but why take chances if it is easy enough to avoid it if you can.

That's my take on things anyway.

564Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get the bus to work (and ALWAYS wear a mask) and my bus does tend to get a good number of Uni students and High School kids but i've noticed more people do wear a mask now which is a good sign.

We tend to do online food shopping so ok on that but do still need to go to the local shops as well but again i always wear a mask.

I'm thinking i'll be odds on for having to isolate soon as my 2 kids are both in school and have had a few instances of broken bubbles already. 

Add that on to my hospital taking in Covid-19 patients from other hospitals and already having 80+ positive patients already then one way or another i'm bound to get it i reckon  Shocked

565Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 14:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:That is the part of all this that annoys me as well Sluffy. People keep banging on about how even if they get it it won't affect them so why care? 

They have no thought for anyone else they may encounter if they are positive and God forbid these people have elderly relatives or family members with existing conditions that are exacerbated by Covid-19.

You've just got to accept that you can't change their minds once they have made them up - dare I say it is just the same thing I and Bob have gone through in respect of how people have set their minds against Anderson.

You simply aren't going to change them and you have to learn to live with them and work around them.  Calling them stupid and ignorant simply doesn't work - but they are being 'blockheads' all the same, aren't they? There's two sides to most things, it's just that people don't always want to accept or even see that.

Such is life really.

You aren't going to change it so why get bothered about it then, just accept nothing much is going to change from them so if anything is to be done it is for you to change and adapt instead.

The chat about Anderson is totally meaningless in the scheme of things but Covid is real and to some even a killer.

Norpig wrote:I'm thinking i'll be odds on for having to isolate soon as my 2 kids are both in school and have had a few instances of broken bubbles already. 

Add that on to my hospital taking in Covid-19 patients from other hospitals and already having 80+ positive patients already then one way or another i'm bound to get it i reckon  Shocked

I tell my daughter to go out and enjoy her life, just be sensible about it though and that's really what you and your love ones should be doing too, you can't really stop the rest doing what they do, just try to keep away from them as best you can.

That's what I try to do.

Life will still go on, exactly normal for many because the virus is entirely irrelevant and meaningless to them and most of the rest of us will simply have to take them as well as the virus into account as we live out ours from now on.

Just as an example, I see it every day in that where I live as I walk down the street and see someone approaching they will either step to the side and pass (social distance) or walk up to me as normal and I step to the side as they pass because clearly aren't bothered about such things.  You can see other people doing the same 'dance' themselves as well.

Just how people are and they aren't going to change as such but I'm of a view that IF people do get some form of immunity that lasts a time that slowly the ones most likely to catch it because of their actions will do so and once they've been through it future 'waves' will be that much less and less because of it.

I'm not an expert or even know what's behind the numbers but to me if you look at country's like the USA, Brazil and Sweden who don't seemed to have done hard lockdowns against the virus, that their daily totals now seem to be falling and I'm guessing that's because all the ones most likely to have caught it in the first place have done so and a sort of herd immunity is building up amongst the ones who don't care and accordingly reducing the spread amongst themselves and thus the rest of the population.

That's my hope anyway.

Stay safe mate, your gamily too.

566Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 15:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel the same way Norpig with the situation with schools. I always had the worry that I would get it with kids mixing.

If we have 20 kids in a class with 2 parents to each child and both parents working at different places being in an office with 20 people each then it's a lot of mixing and not all will adhere to the rules.

We already have 1 kid testing positive in year 5 at the school my lad now goes to where they have all had to stay off and isolate for 14 days.

The problem is that the teachers I would have thought would be teaching different year classes so they themselves would pass it round the year groups I would have thought.

I am now just waiting to catch it via this method and it's only a matter of time.

567Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 16:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another example is the P.E instructer where my lad has it on a Friday. The instructor can't be doing P.E all hours 5 days a week at the same school so he would be doing it at multiple schools and he is a risk of passing it around that way too.

568Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Oct 11 2020, 21:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stricter restrictions coming into play tomorrow across Merseyside. If it includes Warrington, it looks as though I'll have to cancel my dental appointment in Walkden on Tuesday.
Travelling outside of the area would probably get me a fine. I'll have to check the full details tomorrow.

569Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Oct 11 2020, 23:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Stricter restrictions coming into play tomorrow across Merseyside. If it includes Warrington, it looks as though I'll have to cancel my dental appointment in Walkden on Tuesday.
Travelling outside of the area would probably get me a fine. I'll have to check the full details tomorrow.

Not that is of any help but the Wirral is in Merseyside but according to todays stats is BELOW Warrington which as you know isn't in Merseyside!

The common sense thing to do would be to either apply sanctions to Merseyside but not the Wirral OR Merseyside AND Warrington -

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 EkEJbWjWkAAVW6X?format=png&name=900x900

Apparently new local lockdown rules for England are due be announced on Monday.

In Merseyside, alongside the closure of pubs and restaurants, travel will be limited into and out of the area for school, work, or transit only.

People from outside Merseyside will not be allowed to stay overnight, but it is expected that leisure facilities can stay open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54499963

transit
/ˈtranzɪt,ˈtrɑːnzɪt,ˈtransɪt/

noun
the carrying of people or things from one place to another.

Now having myself been part way through treatment at the dentist prior to the initial national lockdown and have yet to go back and have it completed I would suggest if your appointment is only for a check up, then don't go but if it is the final treatment DO go on the basis that you have kept to all the rules, you are certain you are not positive and it could be a very long time before you see your dentist again and intermittent tooth ache for several months is no fun.

If people can go to Barnard Castle to get their eyes checked out then is going to Walkden to get your teeth checked out any different in the scheme of things?

Although two wrongs do not make a right of course.

There is another factor to take into consideration also, in that Walkden comes under Salford which has a higher current level of positive cases than Warrington and such you may pose no threat to Walkden but Walkden may pose a threat to you!

Fwiw I've just looked up the latest  seven day cases (1st to 7th Oct)which for Walkden are

- Walkden South - 38
- Walkden North East - 31
- Walkden North West - 13

And for Warrington -

Culcheth West and Chapelforth seems to be your hot-spots at 45 and 41 respectively, Central Warrington 39 but most of the rest of the
rest of your wards being in the 20's.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases

570Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 00:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm not being nasty or negative but I think all parts of the world, let alone Norfolk has to go through this, unless in the unlikely event for Norfolk at least, some sort of vaccine becomes available to it first.

There's always going to be some who doesn't do as they should and sooner or later will catch and spread the virus on, everywhere isn't there?
You're right and as I keep saying everyone has to get it in one form or another sooner or later whether it's by transmission or vaccine if we're to get back to some form of normality that resembles the world we knew. I'd love to think that I can hang on in the sticks until a proper vaccine arrives but I'm not confident it will anytime soon so have resolved to stop dossing about and get back into my abandoned exercise regime in some form or other. Felt it at footie on Friday although I'd just had my flu jab despite reading contradictory reports that it worsens covid if you get it v it helps in some way. 
Whatever, I know it's coming for us all - although sensible behaviour slows it's progress and buys us time to find a practical way to control if not exterminate it in this Battle of the Species.

571Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 09:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
It's war. We Brillo's are being challenged by the soap filled pads.

The Brillo's will prevail, leaving the soap filled pads cowering behind the taps with the used tea bags. 

Blockheads indeed! Be warned Bob. I tire of your persiflage.
"What do you think of that, Lily. Accusing me of percysledge? I've never been so consulted"

572Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 10:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She knows you know.

573Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 10:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warrington always gets lumped in with Liverpool, much to my chagrin. I've cancelled anyway, it was only a check up.
Went to collect my new glasses from Specsavers yesterday, and it resembled a triage ward.

574Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 10:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:She knows you know.
"Eeh Nellie, luv, are sure you've gorrit right"

"Whadyamean 'ave I gorrit right? Course I've gorrit right"

"Well Nellie, luv, he might 'ave been talking about that singer. Yaknow, when a man loves a woman. Like that filem you went to see t'other day, Un hommy et oon femmy. I put it on't record player sometimes when Walter's asleep"

"Whadyamean, when Walter's asleep, ee's always asleep?"

"Well proper asleep. I 'ave to make sure cos you know what ee's like when his passions are aroused."

"Has he been?"

575Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 11:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sister Pledge.

576Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 17:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Covid hospital admissions, deaths and new infections are rising faster now than in March so it looks the second wave has arrived and it's going to be tougher this time around by all accounts.
Time to stock up on loo rolls and vino folks!

577Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 18:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ocado have emailed me detailing the Christmas slots being released tomorrow.

578Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 18:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought Christmas had been cancelled?

579Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Oct 12 2020, 19:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I thought Christmas had been cancelled?
Still got to eat. Very Happy

580Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Oct 13 2020, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vaccine trials have hit a problem. Trump's big hope ("we'll have a vaccine in place before the election") Johnson and Johnson, have suspended trials after a participant in the study developed an unknown neurological illness. AstraZeneca's trial has also been suspended since September due to similar problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum