Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marcus Rashford Empty Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 22:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
At 23, Rashford this week became the youngest person to top the Sunday Times' Giving List by eliciting an estimated £20m (125 % of his net worth) in donations to the food poverty charity FareShare, of which he is an ambassador. 

What a remarkable, worthy, humbling achievement.....

2Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Hmmm.

Marcus Rashford 17_MPM-KINGFISHER_NO_FISHING-2-1024x683

3Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Wed Jul 28 2021, 23:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob....Bob.....Bob! Come to bed.

Coming dear. Just finishing my Horlicks.
Marcus Rashford Tenor

4Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 07:47

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:

Bob....Bob.....Bob! Come to bed.

Coming dear. Just finishing my Horlicks.
Marcus Rashford Tenor
I'm ever the optimist but, when someone over fifty has the mental capacity of a ten-year old, you can't expect that the penny will ever drop, can you Boncey?

5Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 08:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.

6Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 09:21

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.
Flipping 'eck Boncey, you'd have to question the figures? 10/10. You're almost becoming a model pupil.

7Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 09:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Marcus Rashford BASH001-e1550055340630

8Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 10:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I'm not sure what this 'giving list' is all about, but I'd have to question how they come up with these figures.
Must be accurate....it was reported in the i newspaper.....

I think you've been conversing with Bob too much Smile. I gather he's unhealthily sceptical about most things...... Sad

9Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 11:14

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Loved the image. Do you know anyone, Boncey, who'd believe you if you told them that the Moon must be made of gouda because it said so in the i?

10Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 12:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
Must be accurate....it was reported in the i newspaper.....

I think you've been conversing with Bob too much Smile. I gather he's unhealthily sceptical about most things...... Sad
The i is published by the Mail, a newspaper I usually avoid. Mind you, I tend to avoid most of them these days.

Private Eye keeps me happy though.

11Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 12:42

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Can’t say I was happy with Private Eye when Heather Mills  (No not Macca’s ex) did a ‘no show’ after she said she was interested in the dodgy dealings I’d uncovered in our local NHS Trusts.

If its facts your after, Boncey, you’ll not go far wrong following Bob.

https://pressgazette.co.uk/private-eye-journalist-heather-mills-pretended-to-be-me/

12Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Thu Jul 29 2021, 13:12

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Btw Fareshare had been going since 2003 before Saint Marcus 'soon found' it in 2020.

It was about the same time, or probably a little earlier, that someone at Fareshare realised that there's nowt that gobbins like quite so much as gobbin fodder.

The Wythenshawe Foodbank was founded in 2016. I'm not sure if Saint Marcus has 'found' it yet.

https://wythenshawe.foodbank.org.uk/

13Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Fri Aug 06 2021, 06:38

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I don't subscribe to the Spectator but was interested to see what they might have to say about the charitable activities of Saint Marcus. Nowt doing yet it seems but I noticed that he used to be a member of Norbrook Youth Club so I thought I'd have a look to see if he'd helped them out at all. They've just had a new building extension funded from charities but nope, nothing from Saint Marcus.

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/521238/accounts-and-annual-returns

14Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sat Aug 07 2021, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What really is your problem with Rashford Bob? The lad does a lot of fine work for many charities. Yes he does get paid well for playing football but he has a talent and why shouldn't he get paid well?

He could just take his money and be a typical footballer but he doesn't and fair play to him for that.

15Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sat Aug 07 2021, 13:36

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:What really is your problem with Rashford Bob? The lad does a lot of fine work for many charities. Yes he does get paid well for playing football but he has a talent and why shouldn't he get paid well?

He could just take his money and be a typical footballer but he doesn't and fair play to him for that.
Its not personal. I'm just not keen on celebrity culture or hypocrisy or people pretending to be something they aren't. There might be an element of community concern in him but it doesn't seem to have manifested itself at all until his agent, the Rags PR team and Fareshare's PR team got together and came up with a cunning plan with Saint Marcus at the centre of it.

I gather that Burberry, probably through Marcus' agent, have discovered somewhat belatedly, that Saint Marcus was a member of Norbrook Youth Club and that it would be good PR to make a donation. I've no idea how much it is or how it compares to what they have paid to MUCS Enterprises. Maybe the Spectator will find out. 

And, as you might have noticed, I've never been keen on the Rags or their blatant and arrogant pursuit of self-interest.

16Marcus Rashford Empty Re: Marcus Rashford Sun Aug 08 2021, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hate United as much as you Bob but i will make an exception for Rashford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum